Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look forward to dealing with you again afro...:D:D

No Pricey, that is all I breed in the way of monitors. Might have some pythons though....:D:D:D:D and maybe some geckos :D:D:D

Northern Velvet Geckos this yr and possibly amyae the yr after, they will be around the earliest age amyae can breed at, so they may or may not breed.

Hey Munkee,

Yeah the Mertens was a dirty bugger. At the most you had to empty out half the water every 2 weeks and clean out the filter.

Sorry Skunk, but thats really the only pics i kept. I used an Eheim filter that wasn't too powerful and a water heater. I used the small filter so i wouldn't get whirlpools. I'll look through some old discs to see if i can find anymore pics all the same.

mrboajangles i was able to keep the water has clean as i did by not only empyting out half the water and cleaning the filter but by using a sifter to scoop up any solids. I would also use ager to balance the pH. I found it easy except for the painstaking effort of carrying thirteen buckets from the tank to the shower to pour out. I'm not saying this is the ideal way to keep them at this age but i found mine flourished. I was able to keep him warm so he didn't freeze in Western Sydney winters. Witin a year he was already too big for this tank. Agamidae keeps his outdoors from my understanding but he's in QLD, i think he still has some pics on his gallery. He may be the best person to talk to.

Simone.

Excellent pic of the Mertens Johnbowemonie. Had no idea they could swim that well.

*ahem* on my previous questions :p

MannyM said:
Rufy looks fantastic! What kind of Monitor is he?

I'm really interested in monitors, and am looking at getting some later in the year. Can anyone tell me why Storrs are only acquired on a class 2 licence here in NSW? What makes them different to other monitors? I can understand with Lacies, but Storrs are little things.

Also, more pics!

hugsta said:
Look forward to dealing with you again afro...:D:D

No Pricey, that is all I breed in the way of monitors. Might have some pythons though....:D:D:D:D and maybe some geckos :D:D:D

Hey Hugsta, I can't wait to get some of those ackies!

What sort of pythons?

bred my tristis last year but the eggs when full term and all i got was fully formed still borns very sad

Pricey, hopefully, waters, macs, diamonds and coastals this season if all goes well.

ssssnakeman said:
rufy is v, flavirufus,hence his name,his parents are from alice springs area.
What makes them different to other monitors?
sandies are the smartest :)

baz

Actually, that was in relation to storrs. What makes them so different, that they're a class 2 reptile?

hugsta said:
Pricey, hopefully, waters, macs, diamonds and coastals this season if all goes well.

Cheers. What local are your macs from Hugsta?

Not sure on locality, but they were originally bred by Roy Pails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back