Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Obes, certainly not criticising, but parts of that snake were fairly glowing on my screen too! :) Maybe it's a touch radioactive?? :) ;-) I'd say the white balance wasn't too good on that shot! :)

that was just a little harsh, hooks are a great way to get snakes out, i find they aren't half as jumpy as if i was to put my hand in and try and grab them, especially with jungles as im told they are quite aggresive as youngsters, so i say keep using that hook until he settles down! nice snake by the way

for any parent to swear on there child i would say they were most definately telling the truth,my daughter is my world.your friend is definately not the genius he says he is,i assure you it is untouched.if you are refering to the 2 tone blotching,that is the way she is,lighter yellow towards the centre of each blotch.paul berridge was the person who recognized this at an early stage and suggested i keep her because of this.he also did quite a lot of photography for me,ask him if you know him.i don't know what you see but on my screen the photo is no different to any of the other photo's posted.if anyone knows someone in townsville they are quite welcome to photograph any of my stuff and post it for me.to prove the point.i am the only one who truly knows and i know it was not touched just a quick shot in the middle of moving house.so if you know ya stuff rock then it was nothing short of a huge compliment,again i thankyou.lol
codered and micheal who were the parents of your animals?

Hey Obee,
How about another pic of the snake with something that is universally yellow, ie a yellow bic lighter, a popular margarine/butter tub etc.
It would certainly be the best way to quieten the 'disbelievers' .
Cheers
Ad

why are you using a hook you sook???????

well have you handleed a jungle before???? they can be agressive at times.
we get all our snakes out with a hook to start off with anyway!!!!
you want a quite snake not an agreesive one

hey ad thats a good idea,but butters and marges come in different yellow to so i'll do it in the same conditions light etc and reveal the marge brand i use lol..your a nth qld boy do you know any herpo's here? that would photo animals if they did it and sent them to you then i had nothing to do with it.cheers. i guess this is karma someone doubting my jungles hey?lol

Im talking about the whole pic not just the snake, even the out of focus plant in the back ground looks radioactive as lutzd puts it. Must be a dodgy camera because from here they look crap, very strange that everyone elses pics look fine thou.?

the pic looks fine on my monitor, not overly yellow, but browns mother pic looks radio active, like it should have a switch on it to turn it off lol

as i said mate it is a 5yr old sony cybershot.on the overcast setting the screen even changes colour before you take a pic.i wish it showed the true colour because it does not do the animal justice.but does any jungle photo!i think if iwas going to dodgy a photo i would pic a better[not out of focus]shot.this animal has pretty fair yellow.if you think she is crap thats fine i respect your opinion.some or possibly all the berridge animals that are posted here are half my line,i think these guys have some great potential.last couple of years pauls 3 main breeding males were bred by me.if pauls chooses my animals as an outcross to his line then i consider that a compliment to.you can't please everyone,but thanks anyway for your comments.cheers

rock i had another look at the photo and you are right about that plant.i see what you mean.it is about 5m from where the snake is and the only light part of the garden.i also had the camera on macro to get a head shot,but that obviously didn't work.
and ah,white balance,what white balance.i don't no if this info helps.it was not touched.cheers

re my

Whats wrong with the OBE Chernobyl line? :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: 8) 8) 8) 8)

the pic looks fine on my monitor, not overly yellow, but browns mother pic looks radio active, like it should have a switch on it to turn it off lol

Lo pike you having a go at my new high contrast superglow jungles :lol: Yeah only reason that pic is off colour was to show a friend how gravid she was...any other pics of mine are as close to true colour as possible.

Here's a true colour pic of the one i have from obee,and also i don't know about obees pic but i saw a pic of one of Pauls animals"with tonnes of yellow tipping"{ which the colour of was way way overdone and the US also doctor most of their pics...

2005_1013lastpicsss0076.jpg

I have found someone with a great camera and experience who offered to take shots of all my herps for me.So when I can I'll post some.I took some shots on my little camera on the different settings.This is with the cloud setting in a lowlit room with a western star tub of marge this is almost exact to the colour of the tub.

here is an outside shot on the auto setting but this shows the palings to the right off colour as they are an offwhite colour,almost cream not bluey-green as they appear in the photo.it is fairly overcast here today.

either way that is one sweet jungle obee, and thats coming from somone who doesnt even like them.

this photo was taken 2 seconds later only diffrence is i changed the setting to cloud for overcast[as it is today] no tricks just a setting change.as you can see now the hand colour and the palings are the right colour.this is as close to the colour of the animal as i can get.although her eye is slightly opaque.if it was any more real it would jump out your screen and bite you on your nose.lol

The middle pic looks ok, the only natural looking pic youve posted, the one with the marg container looks crap, the last one looks crap.

As people with jungles know it's very hard t capture true colour especially the different shades.I find good results at night with the flash and outside but on a cloudy sunny day.

I have had my disagreements with obee but that's all water under the bridge now and have always said he has nice jungles.Have never questioned their quality just locality but they throw some lovely animals from the pics i've seen.

Here's another true colour pic from a different angle on same setting just cropped and you can see how much brighter the yellow is and good solid black which is very close to "true clour" wheras i called the other pic true colour also as it wasn't changed in anyway the same as this pic..I might try get a pic outside later it's too hot and nny without a cloud in the sky at the moment :D

There' so many different shades of golds and yellows in jungles it really has to be seen in the flesh to appreciate it.On obees animal it has a 2 tone yellow similar to what he described with the first pic in doubt and is darker dorsally and a nice bright yellow laterally..

2005_1015lemoetc0029.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back