Myth or is the government trying to hide somthing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the photo thing. I never carry a camera with me anywhere, neither does anyone i know. If I or anyone i knew ever saw anything, there would be no photographic evidence.

I have seen one, I was with my friend at the local school at around 1am, there was flood lights on around the oval area, we saw this Massive dog looking thing. Like the size of a great dane, but it was a cat. It had the ears of a cat, movements of a cat and when it looked at us its eyes glared like a cats would, then it ran into some bushes, so after a minute of freaking out we ran into the garden it was in and flushed it out, and it ran off into the bush, it was heaps big, I have never seen anything like it before, Looked like a panther, My mate and I went back a couple of times with cameras to get a shot of it but we havent seen it since.

A friend of mine use to be a game hunter/tour guide in Zimbabwe. He once told me that, from his experience with big cats,that they could easily live in the Australian bush undetected because they are remarkably elusive. He spent years tracking and hunting cats and said that some species are near on impossible to find.

As for the Governmnet cover up. I don't think the Government really cares one-way or the other if there are large cats in our bushland, as long as they don't become a problem.

With the photo thing. I never carry a camera with me anywhere, neither does anyone i know. If I or anyone i knew ever saw anything, there would be no photographic evidence.

Majority of mobiles have cameras that can take both pictures and film video footage these days.

It's funny how all these pics and vids of 'evidence' are blurred and have nothing to really compare their size to though, isn't it.
Its a bit like the bigfoot mystery. It wouldn't be hard for a team to hunt one of these 'big cats' down, and people have been going on about it for years, so i cant understand why there isn't any real 'clear' evidence.

How would they have even got here with enough numbers to establish themselves in the 1st place? If theres no logical explanation to that then i don't think they would really be big cats, i mean they wouldn't have just appeared out of no where.

How would they have even got here with enough numbers to establish themselves in the 1st place? If theres no logical explanation to that then i don't think they would really be big cats, i mean they wouldn't have just appeared out of no where.

It says some where that it is believed that people had bought them here as medallions.

A long time ago before inport/export laws people had all sorts of animals as pets etc.

Fluffy....... has anyone seen Fluffy..................It must have got out over that 12 foot fence. Quick put an add in the lost and found.

There are definately very large feral cats around and possibly escaped big cats, i dont think there is any government cover up, thats just typical media hype.

Here is a pic of a large feral cat
attachment.php

I have never seen one in real life though I have seen MANY things that point to their existance. In our area (Picton and Wollondilly NSW) Every few weeks there is alleged sightings in the local paper particularly around the Appin and Pheasants Nest areas. Whilst camping at Pheasants nest when younger we came across massive cat footprints (I was 12 at the time) that we passed off as being an emu (how we got that I have no idea LOL). Looking back on it now it's not possible for a standard Feral cat to lay out a print like this. Second whilst paddock baching at a mates place he has a huge valley down the back which runs though to appin. I often bow hunt down here as there is plenty of feral goats. It is a very un touched area and with feral goats, water and thich bush around a perfect habitat for these "Big Cats". We ended up rolling the paddock basher and luckily it righted itself not so far from the valley drop. We got to about 300m away from the car walking toward the house and something jumped onto the car roof and tore off through the bushes. Being 8 at night and dark we ran up to the house at a speed that would put Ussain Bolt to shame. Whatever had jumped onto the car had some weight as it pushed the roof down and when it jumped off it popped back out (if you know the sound I mean). Im not one to really believe unless I have seen, but what makes me really think this is no myth is that 60 years back there was a small backyard cat zoo at a blokes house and he was eventually shut down and to avoid the cats being put into a zoo he let them go and took off.

Also I have seen the Big Merino, Big Pineapple, Big Oyster, Big Prawn, Big Banana AND Big Boot.

Anyone else seen the big potato? by far the most exciting of the australian monuments.

I've seen big black feral cats that I could understand people would think were panthers at a glance. But big cats other than feral domestic cats? I might believe it when the evidence is more than anecdotal.

P.S. I've seen the big Ned Kelly and the big Murray Cod - add them to the list.

didnt big cats get realesed by accident somewhere in australia years ago? my mum i think it was told me about it, they were for a zoo maby or something and they got out

i dont know but thats what i heard, and they could have been breeding out in the wild here but it is wierd that there isnt one photo out there of them

then again aus is a very spread out place

Anyone else seen the big potato? by far the most exciting of the australian monuments.
Damn I knew I forgot to add something to my list.. Big Potato at Robertson is a great highlight and the Big Ned Kelly is another I have seen.

"didnt big cats get realesed by accident somewhere in australia years ago? my mum i think it was told me about it, they were for a zoo maby or something and they got out"
That was probably the story I was talking about i think it was Bargo... next suburb along from me.

didnt big cats get realesed by accident somewhere in australia years ago? my mum i think it was told me about it, they were for a zoo maby or something and they got out

i dont know but thats what i heard, and they could have been breeding out in the wild here but it is wierd that there isnt one photo out there of them

then again aus is a very spread out place

I think your talking about Bullins Animal World at Wallacia. there was a bit of a story that that the owner released all the lions & panthers when he closed down.

888lowndes888 id be careful going walking alone if i were u! lol nah i would be so scared if that were true!

kyro when did that suposedly happen?? owner must have been crazy lol

I think it was around the early eighties when he closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back