Myth or is the government trying to hide somthing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
more worried about the big cross bred dogs getting around the place they are a bit more of a worry when you are on your own..
Totally agree, feral dogs are a much bigger (and real) threat than anything that is supposedly out there in the bush. See the carnage a pack of dogs can leave in a paddock and you won't be at all concerned about a feral moggy

I haven't seen one my self but i went to this place (korangvale i think) one day and i heard the grown ups talking about this black cat they had seen and then they told us and it was a fairly poorish area and i don't think they had internet or anything. so if it is a myth how could have these people have known if they dont have internet(im guessing cause they were pretty poor) or anything to find it out.
and i think its kinda cool if there is big cats. maybe in 20 years time we could be keeping a big cat under our wildlife licence :)

You do know there are other ways to share information and learn things without the internet?

You do know there are other ways to share information and learn things without the internet?

:| Its pretty sad when you think about it. I mean sure I use the computer alot but i'm not totally dependent of it.

OH MAH GAWDZ LIFE WIFOUT DA INTERNETZ?!?!

haha, i havent seen one myself, but in year seven on camp, we were in the gippsland rainforests area, and a couple of the kids said they saw one, we all ended up sharpening sticks and running off into the bush after it!! it was the talk of the camp for the rest of the time we were there!! didnt catch anything though. my mates got a farm up at marlo, the feral dogs there are a pain in the ***. he saw a pack of them take down one of his cows. they get the same problems with the goannas taking the calves.

Bullens is still there with alot of big cats (PANTERS AND LEOPARDS:shock:), primates and others.
They are just not open to the public.

They do alot of breeding for zoos around the country. Australia Zoo got 3 tiger cubs
off them 3 years ago for example. I think Mogo Zoo got there 2 chimps off them aswell.

There is also a baboon breeding and research colony there aswell. They had donkeys walking around and when i asked why the donkeys they said "their for the big cats".

When Bullens closed down, i was told that the owner sold alot of there animals to a zoo in
England. They then asked him to work for them and he did. Bullens is now run by his son and a small team of keepers.

As for the so called sightings, i could very well be true, but more proof is needed. If there are "big cats" out there im not going camping ever again lol

Dean

i think its true, my bf always laughs at me when i talk about it and we will be walking and see a dog he'll go "look out its a wolf" but i had friends see one at appin and there has been so many sightings and footage that there has to be something out there not sure if its a panther or not
There is so many sightings out at Appin it's not funny. Appin and Waragamba are not far apart at all.. As I mentioned earlier I bowhunt through here a bit and god I hope that I one day come across one of these "big Cats" as if I can get one of these with the bow I'll be a rich man.

[more worried about the big cross bred dogs getting around the place they are a bit more of a worry when you are on your own..[/quote]

Had a run in with a few of theese the other night, Scary stuff indeed.

I have seen a site that you can see all the sightings.I believe their are pumas and stuff out there.I'll c if I can find th sihgt!

There is so many sightings out at Appin it's not funny. Appin and Waragamba are not far apart at all.. As I mentioned earlier I bowhunt through here a bit and god I hope that I one day come across one of these "big Cats" as if I can get one of these with the bow I'll be a rich man.
Let me know when you do and I'll send my husband along with you. I can just see the two of you now tip toeing through the outskirts of Campbelltown hunting big cat :D

there used to be a lot of fuss about the kangaroo valley panther when i was younger... but the sightings seemed to stop when random breath testing was introduced in the eighties...

Let me know when you do and I'll send my husband along with you. I can just see the two of you now tip toeing through the outskirts of Campbelltown hunting big cat :D
LOL yeah as soon as the sun drops and I'm out in the bush by myself I seem to head toward the car pretty darn quick lol.

there used to be a lot of fuss about the kangaroo valley panther when i was younger... but the sightings seemed to stop when random breath testing was introduced in the eighties...
Hahaha, funny that. Up here it's the Emmaville panther and i recall all news interviews had to contain the VB toting hillbilly with a surprisingly blurry recollection.

It says some where that it is believed that people had bought them here as medallions.

If you read that with a Deliverance kinda accent, it almost makes sense. Almost.
Rocky, lay off the cheech and chongs mate :)

Ok i saw me mam yesturday
i asked her about the thing she told me once before
she said that in the 60's, americans came over on boats and let some big cats go aswel?
wasnt just that guy who let them go when a park closed down

anyone els heard this too? My popa said the same when i asked him, was a long time ago but supposedly they had them on boats back in the day as like mascots or something lol

there is big pantha's out in the bush down south, seen pic's of this guy that shot one and it was hanging from its back feet from a tree. I think it yould be awsome IMO has there been many attacks on humans yet or is it just killing cattel and sheep etc? but I do believe there is a hell of alot of different animals in australia not yet discovered or they have but haven't managed to get a shot of it yet. I feel if people just leave them alone and you don't go looking for them then they'd just stay away and no one will get hurt.

many years back I herd of 2 black pantha's escaping a circus and running wild down south, then started to breed I'll see if I can find the website for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back