Myth or is the government trying to hide somthing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tonnes of people i no have seen them.

i friend i have has 50 acres, their horse escaped from its paddock in lancfield(a town about 40 mins from melbourne) into the bushland they own, and it was found the next day licked clean with a couple of limbs ripped of!!! cmon! the biggest preditor we have in the bush is a fox. a fox cant do that!

gonff I'm from Lancefield ive never heard of that before....... i dont doubt it though i heard about that guy who caught a giant feral cat in woodend thats just down the road.

I've made my feelings and beliefs known in a previous thread,"OMG, they found bigfoot!!!". Yes, they are creatures that are elusive and are categorised in the 'Myth', area of biology. But I have a document that state's the existence and actual recorded acceptance of bone matter, namely a knee joint, into a large and well known institute in melbourne. Whether this specimen still remains, or has seemingly disappeared, is not known. The said specimen, is a knee joint, measures 10" across. From initial examinations it appears the knee joint would support a creature that would stand on two legs, and be in the vicinity of 10 to 12 feet high. There are I'm sure, many sightings and many other strange fossils and fresh bone samples circulating in the science society of Australia. I'm sure the government aren't exactly trying to cover it up, but as they themselves are not totally sure of what they are dealing with, or confident they can answer and show sufficient documentation and physical evidence, they will not outright admit the existence of a) turramully(bigfoot), or b) the bunjyp( a half cat/dog creature that likes water).

The US army apparently used them as mascots and some were released many years ago.

But with the amount of 12 foot rrbs and 20 foot carpets that are spotted, seems much more likely that all the so called sighting are just big feral cats.:)

There is this whopping great Koala on the Western Highway which we go past whenever we go field herping in the the Little Desert of Grampians.

I think your talking about Bullins Animal World at Wallacia. there was a bit of a story that that the owner released all the lions & panthers when he closed down.
Wasn't there also 'African Lion Safari' near Warragamba (not far from Campbelltown) I remember going there as a kid quite a few times. You used to be able to drive through the lions enclosure (staying in yoiur car of course).

That's what you call a drop bear.

That is an ad that will forever be stuck in my head.

Aswell as the..

"Why is january 26 an important day to Australians..? They all get a day off to watch the cricket.."

The Dad outside the classroom: Maybe you should have mentioned tennis too..

How about the big joints? Adelaidians might know what i'm talking about, the big statues where the highway meets cross and portrush roads hehehe....

i think its true, my bf always laughs at me when i talk about it and we will be walking and see a dog he'll go "look out its a wolf" but i had friends see one at appin and there has been so many sightings and footage that there has to be something out there not sure if its a panther or not

and from wiki...

The African Lion Safari operated near Warragamba on the outskirts of Sydney.
Originally opened by Stafford Bullen in 1968, the park attracted hundreds of thousands of visitors each year.
With Sydney's increased urban sprawl bringing the suburbs ever closer to the park, it eventually closed in 1991.
The park continued to hold animals there that were used in a circus. On August 7, 1995 a lioness escaped from the park and killed a dog, the lioness was also killed. As a result of the escape the park was required to upgrade facilities. A bear had also previously escaped and was shot by residents.[1] There are still a number of Water Buffalo roaming the surrounding areas of the park, and they are sometimes seen on the roads at night.

Have bowhunted over most this country but have not ever seen any evidence but many have. Leapord in africa live in the center of town without anyone ever knowing. i have a big game hunters book that tell of a place they hunted and for years and years it was thought not to contain leapord and oneday they hung a bait in a tree and had 2 a 100meters from camp and then found 10 more that week within in a couple km's. and that was a place they were looking for big game and tracking all over it and even they missed them. i hunt on a place that has up wards of 2000 head of goat on it at any given time and somedays we can hunt for 12 hrs and not see one..... and that is on 60000 arces and they are not trying to be stealthy. more worried about the big cross bred dogs getting around the place they are a bit more of a worry when you are on your own..

we had a pretty long talk bout this at work today, i reckon it could be a fact...people are always finding new species all year round (not long ago they found almost 2000 new fish species, i no thats just fish but still, people have been diving for years and years and eventually u find something) some things are just harder to find than others....
and as for the government hiding them, there will really be no reason for that??! thats just stupid, end of the day its a cat not a sasquatch....

p.s to all who said "iv seen but dont carry a camera everywhere" there are mobile phones that cost 60$ these days that have a camera...its either you've seen one or u havnt, no proof really needed...each to their own :)

I haven't seen one my self but i went to this place (korangvale i think) one day and i heard the grown ups talking about this black cat they had seen and then they told us and it was a fairly poorish area and i don't think they had internet or anything. so if it is a myth how could have these people have known if they dont have internet(im guessing cause they were pretty poor) or anything to find it out.
and i think its kinda cool if there is big cats. maybe in 20 years time we could be keeping a big cat under our wildlife licence :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back