Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: new ta this

should i go for a grown snake or for a baby cos i was thinkin if i get a baby it would get used ta me if i handeled it frequently it would never bite can i get say a larger snake that would be freindly????
by the way u guy are great thanks for all dis

hatchling will still bite but it wont hurt, an adult you may find some quiet and placid animals but you will find people will sell placid snakes but a bite from a adult snake will hurt a lot more.

hmm so what age would u recomend wat exactly is a juvinile?? also can i keep 2 snakes in the same inclosure?? do i have to feed mice or is it possibel to give for example fish???

What part of Melbourne are yuou in elias, I am in the West and you are more than welcome to drop in for a chat if you wish.

i think the same, you will be safe as mustang is no longer with africa

Mustang, despite popular opinion, was not evil! :) He was just "misunderstood". I so regret selling that little beauty:( I still dream about him believe it or not!! At least I know he has gone to a very good home and I can ask for no more than that

Get a hatchie elias, you will be able to learn as you and the snake grow. If you can, go and see afrofishydude and he will give you a good run down on keeping hatchie snakes and feeding etc. right through to housing adults. You will be able to see how big some of these animals can get and you will also be feeding your snake defrosted mice/rats for the majority of it's life.

cool just waitin for a reply on location? um the vivarium that is being built for me is 4x2x2 is that large enough. is it possibel to tell what a snakes markings will be like from wen its a hatchie

Sure is elias, depending on the snake, for a childreni a don't believe anything bigger than 900x450x450mm is necessary.

i think im goin to go with either Coastal Carpet Python a murry darling or a bredli wat do u guys think

All are good starters, Coastals and Murrays are more affordable than Bredli, but Bredli usually have nicer colours, as for the temprement it really depends on the individual snake, in the end it really depends which one you like the most. If possible go see the snake first hand before purchasing.

I think any of those are a good choice If you go a hatchy be prepared to be bitten, and would be a good idea to get a click clack for it. But I recckon have a look a round;check the members photo galleries as their are many forms of costals; all from different region with varying markings and color.I think that you should ask around too as I believe that there is a few hatchling almost ready to be sold by members of this site.

i think im goin to go with either Coastal Carpet Python a murry darling or a bredli wat do u guys think

If you can afford it a bredli IMO is very nice.

Hey elias, Dave and I are getting our first snake. We are going for a Murray Darling hatchling. Going to keep it in a small click clack tub, as advised for the first 6 mths. Cheers Cheryl and Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back