Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the young between the fem georgetown and a NT stim.Not technically a hybrid at the moment,in the future?? :?

I didnt buy the george fem i swapped a NT stim for it.Sometimes pails for scales has them and sothern cross reptiles may have them craig. :)

Yours looks very similar but a lot darker and bigger than what indicus has there.I've only seen a few of these,indicus has seen probably more than most and i know of quite a few others who've caught these guys and they appear to get no bigger than 2 foot long and i've seen a couple with yellow almost like a banded jungle minus the head.

I think there's a sub species of stimsoni called orientalis but i doubt it's one of them either.

It is a orientalis,A.s.orientalis occupies from central WA eastwards.

How far eastwards bredli as i still doubt these are orientalis as well?

Sorry have no books handy,how far into Queensland?What is the max size of orientalis?

Im probably way off here again but that photo does look a bit like this snake..??

BROWNS said:
Sorry have no books handy,how far into Queensland?What is the max size of orientalis?

The hole stimsoni population in Qld is orientalis.

A.s.orientalis includes NT,SA,NSW,QLD and the eastern half of WA. So every locality has a diffrent size.

You're thinking of the snake in the first pic which isn't a coral snake...it's name etc is on the post,we're discussing the small type of childrens python in the 2nd pic which gets no bigger than 2 foot long.....

The hole stimsoni population in Qld is orientalis
OK,not quite up to scratch with stimsoni and localities but i've never heard of all stimmies in Qld being classed as orientalis nor have i seen it written anymore.I still doubt these are a true form of stimsoni but the dicussion is getting interesting.

Do a scale count orientalis have 243-284 ventral scales and usually 5th and 6th upper labial scales contacting the the eye.

Tremain it sure looks like a stimson to me.I have seen exact specimens around Carbine,nth and west of Carbine up to the palmer.This type is very small and vary's slightly in the 30 or so animals I have seen.It also looks similar to Wrotham Park,Mt Mulgrave animals west of Chiligoe.Some of these animals are almost totally banded like a BHP with no blotching.Tremain you would have seen what I am talking about in your travels.

obee

That's the ones,and you reckon they're a stimsons obee?Sure it's not an intergrade?

Browns,Mt Carbine seems to be an intergrade area and I have seen a mac and stimy under the same sheet of iron.I have never really seen any specimen that is not easy to distiguish{not to say there isn't intergrades}They are noticably different when you hold them together.Particularly in the head.Stimy's thinner and elongated.I've kept 3 different forms of stimy and these guys are very small.The lateral line, more than not goes over half the body length.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back