Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not easy to keep as they feed on reptile eggs. ( Keep em away from ya incubator !! )

The little banded antaresias look good anyway and bear squat resembance to other stims ive seen.Its diff is comparable to childreni v perthensis.
Yep olddude,none of these are the same as the ones indicus and obee posted and your childreni v perhensis comparison is a good point.The one in indicus's pic is about as big as they get,and obees looks like a well fe specimen but i doubt it would be any bigger than 2 ft.I still don't think they are pure stimsonsi!

ROAD KILL

sertainly a weird looking animal.I dont know the area it came from.But a first glance and without being told were it was cuaght.On one hand it has the post lateral stripe that childreni and stimsoni have.But it doesnt have the stimsoni pattern colouration.EG the red or redy brown.And on the other hand it has the pattern shape and colouration of the maculosus more than the stimsoni.If someone was to show this python to me and told me it was captive bred.And asked what i thought it was bred from .And i know it wasnt a captive bred animal.This is hipathetical.But i would say it looked to me to be a childreni Maculosus cross.Bare in mind thats without knowing scale countsor knowing its true localityof capture.You dont see many stimsoni with that dark almost black patterning anyway this should stir up some debate SHANE

RE: ROAD KILL

Browns you are spot on my animal is less than 2 feet long, 4 yrs old and as I have no female for him,well fed.It is hard to really judge an animal in a photo[I'll get some more of different angles]As I said if you hold up a mac and one of these from the same locale its not hard to tell the difference.I had tennants which had large almost identical blotching to some of these[not all are red or redy brown].No macs there.Tremain you knew these animals.

obee

I agree Obee, it isnt hard to tell the difference.....however after several years, i'd seen animals that appeared to display traits of the two....larger animals with spots and bars.....sorry but i cannot recall which tennants, which your refering, to?......i have seen some different looking 'stimpsons' out that way.....
Westaussie, great to see a living specimen to photograph.....looks great!!!

I agree Obee, it isnt hard to tell the difference.....however after several years, i'd seen animals that appeared to display traits of the two....larger animals with spots and bars..
what's that word again......interwhat??????

oh yeah now i remember ....internet :roll: :lol:

Cool simoselpas dude,

Ive found a total of two now.. Very cool little guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back