Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post some exciting pics in short future' ;-)

I Know the Legand who is trying to breed them and repopulate it' belive me not soo far. u all will know how successful the breeding will be.
'
is that you reptilian1924?

I Know the Legand who is trying to breed them and repopulate it' belive me not soo far. u all will know how successful the breeding will be.
'

Holding my breath starting from...............................................................................................Now!

is that you reptilian1924?

No its not me who is trying to breed and repopulate the Oenpelli Python's, l have only ever see them on display in captivity at the Territory wildlife Park, in Berry Springs Darwin NT in the 90's where they use to have 2 on display in the Reptile Department.

Once they do become established in the Pet Trade l have no plan on getting them, they just don't interest me one bit nor do l want them just because they are so rare in captivity, instead l would rather keep a albino Olive Python or Woma or Black-Headed Python's than a Oenpelli Python, and no-way would l be seen paying 10's of thousand of dollars for any Reptile just to have something that no-one else has or are so rare each and everyone to their own opinion.:)

Cheers,

Reptilian1924 ( Les ).:p

Last edited:
I got emailed a picture of another drop bear that was recently found on Wednesday. Again by somone who wasn't looking for them... Pretty upset by it really. lol

I got emailed a picture of another drop bear that was recently found on Wednesday. Again by somone who wasn't looking for them... Pretty upset by it really. lol

Lol Gordo, you'll get your chance one day mate.

Maybe you'll have better luck if you just go for a casual stroll with no camera and end your 300+ hour long drought.

Your first post, and your claiming your 'legand' mate breeds Oenpellis...?

O0O0OO0....if they're being bred by a 'legand', that can only mean one man! Love you, Ray!

Hey boidae, what does '0.1 liasis' mean? You only keep their tails? That's been giving me a headache.

Last edited:
I'm still left wondering how much experience people on either side of the discussion have with keeping WC snakes? I used to be a nominee on a take permit, so i have a little first hand experience and i also have some good friends who have/had take permits. So i also have their experience and in one of those cases the snakes worked with included these drop bears. WC snakes, adult animals, don't do well in captivity as a general rule. You get some that are the exception but as a general rule it doesn't matter how good the set up is they usually don't ever thrive.

Working with wild collected specimens for close to thirty years, my view is close to being the opposite of yours.
Most wild aduts of most species I have dealt with, have and do thrive in captivity. A few reptiles can be difficult but provided the right enviornment and prey stimulus they should come good ( if you can be bothered of course).

Only person in the world that I know of to breed Oenpelli's is Peter Krauss, that was years ago and even the Park that eventually got them hasn't breed them and the original ones have seen died, nothing much is really know about these amazing snakes. It's a shame that the NT government doesn't assist with breeding these in captivity and learning more about species but alas it doesn't happen cause private people don't know nothing about breeding (according to the major zoos). But we can all learn from each other. Great pic and hope the locals dont eat him

What is with comments like this???

Do you eat every sheep you see?

Some people dont full understand remote communities gordo. They ASSUME big meat is eaten. Without understanding comes confusion and often speak of the unknown.

Haha yeah it's confused a few people..
The numbers represent how many snakes/herps you have of one particular species..

EDIT:

1.0.0 = 1 male.
2.0.0 = 2 males.

0.1.0 = 1 female
0.2.0 = 2 females

1.1.0 = 1 male, 1 female
2.1.0 = 2 males, 1 female

1.1.1 = 1 female, 1 male, 1 unknown.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back