proffessional dog fights inside story last night on ch2

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the face of a killer? Nooo just a happy Pitty :)
IMG_1039.jpg

the 2nd table on this site has stastickly ranked the lab up there.
http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/duip/dogbreeds.pdf

Hardly an indictment of the Lab! According to this study there has been ONE fatal Lab attack as opposed to 66 pitbull and 39 Rottie attacks, when Labs have been the most popularly registered dog in the UK and US (and I'm pretty sure, Australia but I couldn't be bothered to keep looking up stats) for years on end... I'll let you guys work out the percentages there, but I know what I'd rather have in my house as a pet!

http://www.akc.org/reg/dogreg_stats.cfm
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/cgi-bin/item.cgi?id=885

It doesn't really support the argument that Labs are savage killers up there with pitbulls, when they use them as guide dogs and assistance dogs!

Herps, If you want to leave your kids alone in a room with a pitbull that's up to you, but I'm going to stick with our gorgeous Lab who has never growled, only ever barked at possums and bandicoots and has had our daughter crawling over her since she was a baby.

They are now both 3 (daughter) and 3 1/2 (Lab) and are inseparable. I don't hesitate leaving them alone together and have never had a moment's concern.

Exactly the point i was making in my first post on this thread... is leaving a kid alone with a pitty a good idea? Certainly not! But in my opinion, nor is it a bright idea to leave a lab alone with a child (or any other breed for that matter).No matter how good a dog's temperament, like all living creatures they are capable of being unpredictable. Statistics for attacks by dogs on young children show that more often than not the attack is from their own family pet. These parents did not leave the child with the dog thinking that it was capable of attacking, but because they had the "He's a good boy, he's never bitten, he doesn't growl, he can be trusted attitude" they then unfortunately learn the hard way that they are wrong. Most of these attacks with young children do not happen becasue "the dog is aggressive" but because they see the child as a threat to their position with in the "pack".... fighting dog or not, no matter what breed you talk about this pack mentality is a natural instinct in all breeds.

What each person chooses to do with their dogs and children is of course there own choice and i would not be one to tell other's that they should do things the way i do but to me my daughter's life is priceless, i have a beautiful dog with a great temperament who is not a biter/growler/fighter, but nothing in life is guarenteed when your talking about the temperament of any animal (humans included) so i am not about to leave the 2 of them alone together just incase i'm wrong... it's too high a price to pay. Even if the dog has never put a paw out of line, there is a first time for everything

So much bollox being talked about peoples "wubby dubby little babies" its gagging.
Lets enter the real world devoid of Anphropomorphism.
"ANY" dog in a given situation, is a threat to anything ranging from ankles, to life.
Lets dismiss now, for the sake of argument, the lap dogs, and ankle biters, who however, are more than capable of inflicting serious harm on babies and toddlers.
I have, as said before, three dogs. I will rate them honestly.
Rottie bitch. 6 years old. As with most rots & GSD'S i've kept over the years, she is highly strung, and anyone looking from the outside would be truely scared of her. She is very protective, of all that is hers. In my opinion she would not hurt anyone once past the introductory stage. However, i would not trust her with anyone, outside the immediate family.
Ridgeback x Mastiff. 6 years old. Magnificent dog. My best mate! All he wants to do is play with his ball. However he hates other male dogs, & i've lost count of the times I've plled him off other game dogs that have had a go at him. Mostly when he,s on the lead.
Pedigree Ridgeback. 5 years old. 70 killo's pure muscle. So strong its scary. Bred out bush for pigging. Bigger softy you'll never meet. Charles Atlas of ridgies. Beautiful temprement.
I'M 99% sure of all of them. But 99% is not enough...........is it.:)

So much bollox being talked about peoples "wubby dubby little babies" its gagging.
Lets enter the real world devoid of Anphropomorphism.
"ANY" dog in a given situation, is a threat to anything ranging from ankles, to life.
Lets dismiss now, for the sake of argument, the lap dogs, and ankle biters, who however, are more than capable of inflicting serious harm on babies and toddlers.
I have, as said before, three dogs. I will rate them honestly.
Rottie bitch. 6 years old. As with most rots & GSD'S i've kept over the years, she is highly strung, and anyone looking from the outside would be truely scared of her. She is very protective, of all that is hers. In my opinion she would not hurt anyone once past the introductory stage. However, i would not trust her with anyone, outside the immediate family.
Ridgeback x Mastiff. 6 years old. Magnificent dog. My best mate! All he wants to do is play with his ball. However he hates other male dogs, & i've lost count of the times I've plled him off other game dogs that have had a go at him. Mostly when he,s on the lead.
Pedigree Ridgeback. 5 years old. 70 killo's pure muscle. So strong its scary. Bred out bush for pigging. Bigger softy you'll never meet. Charles Atlas of ridgies. Beautiful temprement.
I'M 99% sure of all of them. But 99% is not enough...........is it.:)

OK Dr cockney ....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah I saw the show. It was on 'four corners' I think. The footage of those ten week old pups tearing each other to pieces until one was dead was shocking. Anyone who thinks this sort of activity is ok is totally warped and should be placed on the receiving end of one these dogs. All dogs can be unpredictable but saying pitty's were bred for this sort of activity is total crap!

too many persecute the breed...not the handler/keeper!

Spot on!

It doesn't really support the argument that Labs are savage killers up there with pitbulls, when they use them as guide dogs and assistance dogs!
APBT'S are also used as assistance dogs, Search And Rescue (SAR), Explosives and Narcotic Detection among so many others things too!
Now If they were "savage killers" they wouldn't be out there working amongst people

I know what I'd rather have by my side! My ever faithful, loyal, loving, spirited and comedian pit

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back