proffessional dog fights inside story last night on ch2

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

itbites

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all, did anyone happen to see the program on ch2 last night about the pitty's being bred for fights! :evil: It was horrible to think that something as cruel as that was/is not only going on but actually in high demand! I for one don't understand how anyone can treat animals in this way...

Hey, i didnt see it wish i did though!! its a topic that constantly infuriates me, you would be suprised how many people do it around the western suburbs!! They go around and try to find staffys and pitbulls that are lost and claim them as thier own and then chuck them in the ring. Staffys are the warm up dog! whop usually dies and the the pit bull is for the main fight. A friend of mines got out of the back fence near kings park and i lady found him and called my friend, and she said two people from across the road came on seperat occasions to claim poor zues as thiers. Lucky she new they were doing dog fighting so she told them to p... off

Yes they were breed to fight/ pig hunting but... its illegal. and are no longer breed "pitbulls", So it should be done. Its people on a power trip. They are giving the breed a bad name, not to mention the harm they cause them.

Jack if you honestly believe it's okay that this is going on then... ?!?!?! Also they weren't originally bred for our amusement, they were bred as hunters/guard dogs ect... Anyone who is involved in or condones such a disgusting trade should perhaps be forced to endure the pitty's wrath in the ring(get a taste of their own medicine!) :p

where did i state that i condoned such barbaric activities?

all i stated was that pitbulls, and the like, are breeds that were created for dogfighting...

The sad part about the story is the way they brushed it all off like it was no big deal and the fact that these dogs were only bred to be slaughtered by each other...Another sad part was that a little girl was mauled to death around that area not long after the initial story, by a pitbull!

Jack - not true, they were created for hunting, When there "so called potential" was noticed by idiots that than would be good for fighting

Thats very true rmcneill and the cold hard truth is that if this sort of thing wasn't going on I highly doubt they would be regarded as dangerous dog like they are now. I have had pitty's that wouldn't hurt a fly, they get a bad wrap because of people who do this sort of thing. Any animal has the potential to become dangerous in the wrong conditions...

I know one thing i can't see properly is the writing in your post,i don't know if it's just me but everytime i see one of your posts i don't even bother trying to read it as it's really hard for me to read printing in that colour,sorry maybe it's just me i don't know and i'm sure i'd like to read what you write but i get a few words in and give up it's too much concentration whereas i can read everyone elses writing no problems!

I'm pretty sure Pityys were bred to compete in sled dragging etc and then were put in the ring o fight and it din't have to be a pitbull to go in the pit and fight they used all types of dogs however the pitbull which is a crossbreed of a bulldog and a terrier and it turned out they were the strongest and most agile in a dog fight with amazing jaw strength hence they were kept as the ultimate fighting dog however if you go way way back and look at what they called pit bulls they looked different than what we today class as a pitbull.

They still make awesome pets it's all on the owner and how their dog is trained!!I don't condone dogfighting but it's been going on for ever just like drugs and prostitution have been around forever and will be just as hard to get rid of!

very true browns unfortunately! and sorry I don't get hardly any complaints about my pink writing only complaints about what I have to say :p

Long story short ..They secretly filmed the ring leaders over in Ireland I believe and showed just how it all operates, the people caught were taken by police for animal cruelty and may face up to 2 years jail. It's still just a drop in the ocean though! Alot more needs to be done to stop this sort of thing from going on..

I saw the doco on 4 corners last night and was quite amazed at the fact they showed the fights in such graphic detail and it sickened me to watch it.
Those 2 headed dog owners should be made to fight to death in a pit..
Id pay to see that the s.o.bs....
Pitbulls dont have to be killing machines but these a holes dont care about their dogs at all..
The dogs obviously love their owners and these ..guys just let them fight to the death and if they dont die, and are badly injured, they hook them up to the electricity to euthanise them...
The fights can go for more than an hour...

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, i have no problem with pitbulls.. in fact, if my hubby wasn't so rough with his dogs i'd get one.. it's the poodles i have a problem with.. still have scars from one that attcked me when i was little under my chin.. evil little doggies lol soz for the random input :p

glad i didnt see it, theres some things i just cant watch. :(

This quote is about AMstaffs which were breed for that same thing as pitts and are quite similar....
Although the early ancestors of this breed came from England, the development of the American Staffordshire Terrier is the story of a truly American breed. This type of dog was instrumental in the success of farmers and settlers who developed this country. They were used for general farm work, hunting wild pigs, bears, and other large game, guarding the homestead, and general companionship.
A number of the early ancestors were also developed for the "sport" of dog fighting. The extraordinary vitality of this breed is a direct result of breeding for successful fighting dogs. This now illegal activity is, unfortunately, more often cited as the early purpose of the dogs rather than the general farm work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back