Quarantine. Am I doing it right?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptinate

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

Just some questions on quarantine. I read previous threads on it before getting my two new stimsons from snake ranch on Thursday. I just want to know if I've got everything right.
I've got them in the spare room across from my bedroom, where I have my bredli.
I have different feeding equipment I will be using for them.
Always handle and feed them after I handle and feed my bredli. Always wash hands.
And I plan on quarantining them for 3 months.

Am I doing it correctly? Do I have to wash my clothes and have a shower before going from the spare room, to my bedroom? That would be a pain. Should I treat for mites, and should I worm them?

Also curious. Is it necessary to worm your reptiles regularly?

sounds pretty good to me,..but id probably go a bit longer.

Last snakes i brought in i did the clothes change/shower/hair wash after every time i handled them or cleaned out poo or changed water, but aside from poos i just did everythign before my regular shower in the morning.

it occurred to me about a month in that the same vaccuum cleaner gets used throughout the whole house so my efforts of being anal was probably a waste of time. (i stopped vaccuming the quarantine room after that)

regarding mites, i check all animals that come in (nooks and crannies especially) very very carefully over a number of days, i prefer not to expose them to things that arent necessary.

same with worming, out of all my critters only 2 beardys have ever been wormed and that was cos of the disgusting state of the petshop crickets. if snakes are eating only thawed food its unlikely they'd ever need worming.

ditto, longer is better and so would putting them in another room if possible but I understand it's not always possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back