Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Ok what is Oxyuranus temporalis?
2. when was it discovered?
3. How many browns snakes are in aust?
4. What family is the King brown snake in?

What is the ONLY pest reptile noted (non-endemic or introduced species only)? And where?

It's probs already been answered, cant be bothered reading it all so I'm going to say it to make me feel good about my brain.

Brown Tree Snake in Guam! :)

Well done Dan.

It's probs already been answered, cant be bothered reading it all so I'm going to say it to make me feel good about my brain.

Brown Tree Snake in Guam! :)

Well done Dan.
Yeah it was answered already ....by ME lol ;)
but well done Dan anyway :lol::lol:

IF you really want to get your python make a deal with your parents that if you get xx% in your grades (be realistic) then can you have one at the end of the year....and then study like mad...forget about herps for 4 weeks or so and concentrate on the subjects you are struggling in.

Worked for me when I was a kid when I wanted a motorbike (plus I had to save up 20% before my dad would go guarantor on a loan).

- What size clutches do Childreni usually have?
- How big do they generally get?

im actually getting a pair of childrens tomorow. btw what i said about anteresias was a long time ago. i did study hard and got good marks and parents let me get snakes ims toked.

answer time

1. Ok what is Oxyuranus temporalis?
it is the central ranges taipan discovered in 2007
ill have a stab at 7-8 subspecies of the brown snake family

it is from the black snake family even though it is called the king brown

What size clutches do Childreni usually have?
8-22 average 10-16
How big do they generally get?
usually 3-5ft but average 3-4.5ft

doing well ..specs
7 (I think) browns..
and most are found in QLD ..
you have the Speckled ,Eastern,Ingrami,Western and Ringed and Spotted(Dugite) and you know what?.... I cant think of it ....I am pretty sure there are 7 ...total head blank ..
someone fill in that last blank please ;)

doing well ..specs
7 (I think) browns..
and most are found in QLD ..
you have the Speckled ,Eastern,Ingrami,Western and Ringed and Spotted(Dugite) and you know what?.... I cant think of it ....I am pretty sure there are 7 ...total head blank ..
someone fill in that last blank please ;)
It was the Penisula ..thanks Oxy ...oh and he said the westerns have been split so now 7 isnt the right answer ....at the moment I DONT KNOW ...:lol:

answer time

ill have a stab at 7-8 subspecies of the brown snake family

it is from the black snake family even though it is called the king brown

Correct answers...

I will assume you are talking numbers of species.....

Pseudonaja affinis
P. affinis exilis
P. affinis tanneri
Pseudonaja aspidoryncha
Pseudonaja elliotti (not accepted by some authorities, having seen one I have little doubt)
Pseudonaja guttata
Pseudonja inframaculata
Pseudonaja ingrami
Pseudonaja mengeni
Pseudonaja modesta
Pseudonaja nuchalis
Pseudonaja textilis
Pseudonaja textilis pughi (restricted to N Guinea, recent MtDNA has shown difference to Australian mainland populations)

I would be surprised if Pseudonaja remains like this.....there is couple "species" above that are more likely to be a complex rather than a species.

as for question 4.....the answer is Elapidae......

Also recent MtDNA evidence has shown that Pseudechis as a genus is more likely to compile of at least 2 genera as opposed to one.

What are the prefered body temperatures for five differant reptiles?

Correct answers...

I will assume you are talking numbers of species.....

Pseudonaja affinis
P. affinis exilis
P. affinis tanneri
Pseudonaja aspidoryncha
Pseudonaja elliotti (not accepted by some authorities, having seen one I have little doubt)
Pseudonaja guttata
Pseudonja inframaculata
Pseudonaja ingrami
Pseudonaja mengeni
Pseudonaja modesta
Pseudonaja nuchalis
Pseudonaja textilis
Pseudonaja textilis pughi (restricted to N Guinea, recent MtDNA has shown difference to Australian mainland populations)

I would be surprised if Pseudonaja remains like this.....there is couple "species" above that are more likely to be a complex rather than a species.

as for question 4.....the answer is Elapidae......

Also recent MtDNA evidence has shown that Pseudechis as a genus is more likely to compile of at least 2 genera as opposed to one.
well thanks for their proper names eipper ;)...and now can see how they are seperated ...even more confusing :shock::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back