Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worthless is a very strong word hornet, it will be a few years before the price of albinos drops to a "worthless" amount. There are now also morphs within the albino darwin such as the lavander phase and possible the paradox which can be seen in the new reptiles aus mag.

i didnt literally mean worthless but very cheap, like woma or bhp price

There are way more GTP's around than albinos so it will take at least 10 years before the price drops to woma levels.

they are stunning, i would choose one over a bredli or gtp anyday

Yep, so would i!! I personally dont go for bright colours in reptiles. The more drab and faded, the better! I think RSP's are brilliant. Love the heads on them and i think they'll remain a mysterious python in captivity - not letting the keeper ever get inside their heads and learn too much about them.

But since i don't own RSP's, what do i know??;)

Last edited:
not for many years will they be the price of womas or bhps's, i think ash is right on the mark with 10 years.

I love RSP'S they look so good in real lfe!
there head looks awesome!
im not a big fan of gtp's though!
but everyone has different tastes!
wil

There are way more GTP's around than albinos so it will take at least 10 years before the price drops to woma levels.

Yes, but you would have to agree that the husbandry is a little eaiser with albino darwins than GTP's.
IMO a newbie could purchase a pair of albino darwins as first snakes and breed them no worries.

What i mean is, easy too look after and breed large clutch numbers, spreading around the country like wildfire:D , i dont think it will take too long for the prices to come down.

Personally i want the prices to stay high as long as possible with all the "top shelf" reptiles, to me it proves that someone really really wants somthing if they are prepared to pay top dollar for it.

JMO

Donk

i was more expection around 15-20 years for a real price drop

Roughies are an easy snake to keep and no worries as a first snake. GTP's need that extra bit of care.

Have to agree and disagree with everyone if that makes sense. As for drab, they are sometimes and sometimes not! Yes they change colour ! They are stunners and can resemble the contrast seen in a wheatbelt stimmy! Muche more interesting than greens IMO. They don't just sit there!

Enjoy

Attachments

• rsp hatchy on quail (600 x 400).jpg
    rsp hatchy on quail (600 x 400).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 151
  • rspscreen (1050 x 700).jpg
    rspscreen (1050 x 700).jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 150
  • year rsp2 (1050 x 700).jpg
    year rsp2 (1050 x 700).jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 138
  • year rsp (1050 x 700).jpg
    year rsp (1050 x 700).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 139
quails actually, easy to swap over but why bother. They are very similar nutritionally and much cheaper. However to answer you question they switch in about 3-4 scented feeds!

Id prefer albino darwin or gtp over one of those. Yeah they have a nice face and pattern, but honestly id never seen one before, and after seeing those pictures.. they did nothing for me, NO wow factor there at all!! Id prefer Gtp and albinos over a rough!

theres a male RSP available in the Tin Nias Benefit auction. Kinkly donated by John Weigel and co

"NO wow factor there at all!!"

They look better in real life I saw theone at the mac herp show very kewl...
I think if they where green they would be better than chondros..

Have both and think they are far superior in many ways, but thats just my opinion.

I agree with Sdaji.
If you are after money get an albino or a GTP pair.
I would rather keep a rough scaled python because it would be interesting IMO but in reality I wouldnt pay that much for any snake because there is absolutely no way i could afford it.

I also honestly think the RSP's are one of the most ugly snakes ever.

If someone wants "wow factor" stick a ceramic toilet bowl on your head and walk around the city chanting random war cries, it is guaranteed to work :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back