Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that GTP and Roughies are up there as my favourites.
I really dont like albinos they just seem so unnatural which almost defies my reason for keeping herps.

i do love albinos, they are a natural mutation so its unfair to call them unnatural, but i do prefer roughies

Well it is a natural mutation but an albino wouldnt last long in the wild.

you would be suprised how long some do actually last in the wild

when us victorians are able to keep the RSP's what do you think the price will be for a pair?

I think these guys are great, but i would still much prefer to own an albino olive!
They are just outstanding!
GTP's dont do much for me anymore, dont get me wrong, if the price dropped i would get one, but, if they were the same price as BHP's/Woma's/Hypo Bredli..
I would MUCH prefer a nice southern x hypo bredli.

As for the roughies, i need to see more pics to be convinced, and what is their actual temperment like?

Olives still do it for me!

Hey i hope that their temperment is good otherwise have you seen their teeth?

IF YOUR EXPERIENCE ISN'T UP TO THE TASK LOOK OUT!!!!!!!

This website is helping me put such a dent in my bank account....

After looking at the Snake Ranch Website I have fallen in love with these little Rough Scaled Pythons..... so very very cute....

Anyone got pics? and an approx damage to the bank account figures?

Cheers :D

hey how are you theres a pair for sale on herp traders for $10,000.

why are they so much?

cheers jody

Rough

Good looking head on roughies and they look alright as juvys,interesting python for sure but they arnt much to look at colour wise so they wont set the world on fire.There is plenty of GTPs about but quality wise allot are very ordinary colour wise and will drop in price against those that come out of colour change looking very beautiful,there is a huge difference between individuals and lines in regards to colour and that will be reflected in prices in the future,so its better to pay more for what you think is quality to start with.

I'd love to breed GTP there one of my favourit snakes I want to try get the most stunning colour variations like the blue's and that dreep green also bright green all over ect I reacon I would keep all the best looking ones sell the rest to purchase some more males or females for the offspring and so far I would be so happy

Any piccies of these fabled teeth? And from those previous pics.. I assume their scales don't turn rough 'til their older? Those pics didn't look all that rough...

Yes you are right phil, hatchies don't have the rough scaling it happens as they mature.
It is difficult to photograph their teeth except when feeding, and this isn't as impressive as when they put on a threat display. I can assure you their teeth are absolutely massive compared to all other pythons, abnormally massive. Obviously an adaptation of grabbing birds in flight or thick furred marsupials, rats et.

Their are extremely gentle natured when mature. In time when the price is much much lower they will become a great first snake candidate IMO. As for not being impressively coloured, each to their own i guess, i find them curious, colourful like a well contrasted stimmy! Most photos i've seen are taken wen in their dull phase. Their colour changes dramatically day and night due to whatever reason. They can go a ghostly grey and dissapear into a branch.

They have several more qualities than people give them credit for (except that they are not green). I've spoken to a few major keepers that have them and they are regarded as a favourite in their collections. Until you have owned one it's very hard to judge them, unless of course your green sighted like most of the herp community today. At least roughies move!

http://www.moreliapythons.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4344 check this out for their teeth!

HAHA nicely put. I had a good chat with a few of the snake ranch people about roughys, all said that they are a pleasure to own. Apparently they are very similar to a baby olive in their alertness and attentiveness.

I did make the comment to them that they need to find a good way to market roughys as it doesn't seem appealing to buy a python with rough scales and extra long teeth :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back