"Rude"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess living in a far away place has some advantages . They can come if they like - at their own expense. lol

My main issue with selling snake is when i get a PM/email like this :
"Hey , keen on snake text/ring me on 0412214421511 "

Who are you ? which snake ? where are you ? I have a name ......
Hey Brett...."spot on".....solar 17 [Baden
]

I recently bought my first snakes, i was asked to meet at a neutral location, and upon meeting was shown a few snakes of which i could choose from..
I thought this was quite fair, and i didn't even consider asking to hold them, i could see what they looked like and that they were quite happy to be handled by the breeder, and as far as im concerned, that's all i needed to know/see..

i don't see any problem at all with the way you do things Baden..

Not following that logic of yours Byron Moses

Last i herd is no one has been ripped off at a servo and what would they get if they did ? one pehaps two reptiles on sale at that meeting place etc
But peoples collections have been stolen from their homes .
Usually by trusted a friend who know the movements of a person .
How else could collections be taken when no one is home or in process of moving house etc .

i can understand you not wanting the buyer to handle it until they have payed but would you handle it to show them it inst snappy etc

My main issue with selling snake is when i get a PM/email like this :
"Hey , keen on snake text/ring me on 0412214421511 "

Who are you ? which snake ? where are you ? I have a name ......

Dicky, I now divert all enquiries to my new web site, where in the "contact" page they have to fill in their name, phone number and a message. If I like their approach and attitude I respond, If I don't, I don't. It's surprising how many "not so potential buyers" back off when confronted with a one on one telephone conversation. Some just can't handle the prospect of it.

Not following that logic of yours Byron Moses

Last i herd is no one has been ripped off at a servo and what would they get if they did ? one pehaps two reptiles on sale at that meeting place etc
But peoples collections have been stolen from their homes .
Usually by trusted a friend who know the movements of a person .
How else could collections be taken when no one is home or in process of moving house etc .

sorry roger i didnt know i could have an opinion

No way anyone is ever spraying my hands with F10!
Hold on you diden't spray me with F10 when I was over.

I also have a problem with rude people saying there interested but want me to call them! Interested buyers - Dont pm me your mobile number because you are interesed. I dont ring you because you say you are "interested."

I also have a problem with rude people saying there interested but want me to call them! Interested buyers - Dont pm me your mobile number because you are interesed. I dont ring you because you say you are "interested."
if they are that interested they would call

Dicky, I now divert all enquiries to my new web site, where in the "contact" page they have to fill in their name, phone number and a message. If I like their approach and attitude I respond, If I don't, I don't. It's surprising how many "not so potential buyers" back off when confronted with a one on one telephone conversation. Some just can't handle the prospect of it.

My website works well for that too , I always get a name and some basic details etc with inquiries through it .
But I now do not bother if no name is given or I am told to ring them .

I do the opposite, I ring them, spin an involving conversation where you can find out whom are you dealing with, their experience with keeping reptiles, their attitude and so on. In the end, you can always say "sorry, sold out" if you're not impressed.

it's about respect, me as a buyer, I respect the sellers way of doing things, for various reasons. 1 being security, 2 wellbeing of their collection. in the end, if you (the buyer) respect the sellers way of doing things and follow them, they will be most helpful. Baden was very helpful to me and I would buy form him again, highly recommended to anyone.

he has security there, if you don't like it then don't come. you need to respect that, it's the sellers animals, hobbies, business etc. (there home) not a shop located in comercial areas.

i once had a guy text me and ask if id swap for exotics like red ear sliders and corns,i sent back that i wasnt interested in them and he kept offering them to me.He finally gave up (or so i thought) when 2 weeks later he text me again offering me cash and when i told him it was sold he rang me and tried to abuse me saying he was first so he should been able to buy it lol.I just told him to .................. and stop offering me exotics lol

I was at Badens place lastnight and thought it was a great way of doing things, especially the way some clowns are today.

Ps Baden, Sean is stoked with the Bredli

Cheers Nick

wow i didn't no that u guys dont handle yr snakes until purchased..Thats yr prerogative as a home seller but i think ppl expect a little more from shops as to the handling of them, i can understand how expensive wise and infection wise plays a role but like anything u bye u want that connection with it and standing behind a glass panel is not a great connection, this is just my opinion so plz dont judge me as i have not judged u, as the whole strangers in my house thing would freak me out you sound like u have your reasons for doing so ...

wow i didn't no that u guys dont handle yr snakes until purchased..Thats yr prerogative as a home seller but i think ppl expect a little more from shops as to the handling of them, i can understand how expensive wise and infection wise plays a role but like anything u bye u want that connection with it and standing behind a glass panel is not a great connection, this is just my opinion so plz dont judge me as i have not judged u, as the whole strangers in my house thing would freak me out you sound like u have your reasons for doing so ...
Tash00...l am not going to judge you but give you a scenario or two ...1/ that snake in the pet shop you are able to handle and "build a connection with" has also been handled by the tyre-kicker herper just before you only he.s got IBD or OPMV in his collection which gets transferred to the snake you are about to or have just purchased 2-3 months down the track that snake and more than likely your whole beloved collection dies as there are no cures for these "deadly" viruses....2/case scenario. you view the snake listen to the owner/carer ask questions purchase the snake take it home and build a connection with it as you both enjoy life.....two choices, unfortunately the 1st. case scenario has been repeated many times over... solar 17 [Baden]

Last edited by a moderator:
Is handling snakes so important? I guess that distinguishes pet owners from serious keepers / breeders and herpetologists - no offense anyone, just my observation. Would you not buy a delicate gecko because you wouldn't able to handle and cuddle the tiny creature? Are snakes made for handling? .... ah,, the "fatal attraction", that's it.

Knowing that I am going to miss out on sales, I actively discourage people to buy a GTP from me from me if they want to handle it. I had a genuine enquiry the other day; if one of my snakes would make a good family pet. Assuming that every member of the family was going to handle it, I advised the person (diplomatically) to go for a carpet python or similar.

It's like that with anything. serious keepers/breeders wouldn't have the need to handle the snake before purchasing (they could tell it was healthy, good looking snake). First time snake owners would feel the need to, see if they like it, if they can judge temperament etc

IT tech wouldn't need to turn the computer on and see how it runs, it could tell just by looking at the specifications. average users will feel the need to test drive the pc before purchasing, thats why they are all on display when you enter retail stores.

maybe it's just because i'm not a serious keeper/breeder with a huge collection, but I like to handle my animals/reptiles before purchasing, however I respect that the seller may not like me to, in that case I wouldn't. I'm sure if I asked nicely enough, they would consider.

If I say i'm not buying without handling, I would show myself to the door. some people are this rude <---

if f10 is what it takes, then thats what it takes. I keep hand hand sanitizer in my car anyway and prefer to wash my hands before and after handling. (remember, first time owners, amateur keepers don't know much about reptiles and all these viruses that can be transmitted, nor do they know how much security was involved with herps)

When I heard about Badens security I asked him why because I had no idea, since then i've read in news section about snake collections been robbed etc and it's understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back