"Rude"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Demand to see how the breeder/keeper keeps their snakes. No

Ask to see their parents and how they have been keept, yes - but why would that offend? It wouldn't offend but it means access to my collection and that is No from me.

What I was meaning to say was, asking to see the parents is a reasonable question. Asking to see their other collection of snakes eg GTP, albinos etc isn't.

Of course if I turned up at your doorstep interesting in purchasing a python and you asked me "show me your cash" I would be offended and it would be wondering why. To show the breeder that you're serious, well prepared buyer, even if you decide not to buy in the end.

Scenario: First time snake owner. researches the python they are interested in purchasing. they will not know how much security is actually needed. a first time snake owner asking to see your animals wouldn't know right from wrong. I never would thought it would offend you to see your animals. now of course I do with experience and i've learnt more about reptiles/hobbies etc

edit: and if they seller refuses, I respect that, i'm not going to kick up a storm, I understand the security involved now and why they wouldn't like me to view it. after all I am a stranger to them.

I have to say, I can't even imagine a stranger walking through my place, looking at my set up and then walking out to think about it. Honestly, it would freak me out and I would probably report that person to the Police in case something goes wrong at later date. I am not a shop or a factory where the public can brows through, no matter how honest their intentions are.
I am weird?

No thats not weird, I would dislike strangers coming to my house also and to view my collection would be a no to me too if I had a big collection.

I thought you were pointing out it would offend to view your collection like it would offend to ask to see your money. I never knew you were meaning it like that lol. in that case, i'm fine with showing them I am a serious breeder but I think i'd be strange to ask to see the money - i'd think are they trying to rip me off? if it be regarding reptiles or any product/item i'm wanting to purchase.

Like I said I'd respect the sellers wishes and if invited into their home, be courteous, don't demand anything that is just showing them you are a drop kick.

also Micheal, the experience of walking through and viewing your collection would be unbelievable but that wouldn't be the case for you (understandable), your website alone amazes me.

Waterat Quote
I have to say, I can't even imagine a stranger walking through my place, looking at my set up and then walking out to think about it. Honestly, it would freak me out and I would probably report that person to the Police in case something goes wrong at later date. I am not a shop or a factory where the public can brows through, no matter how honest their intentions are.
I am weird?
End Quote

No your not Michael,
You are just very experianced and practical and these days we all need to have peice of mind in these situations.
Thus we all do what we feel is necassary to protect our collections and homes etc
cheers
Roger

Not everyone gets to see exactly what I keep but I do sell from home and whoever comes to my house gets to see my setup and my animals, I try not to stress too much about theft - there are worse things in life that is for sure. I find the idea of not being about to share my reptiles with like minded people completely ridiculous.

Glad to hear that you (at least some of you) don't think I am a complete nutcase. Actually, I had many friends and acquaintances here in the past, it's hard not to share my 'pride & joy' but strangers? No.

junglemac......you would expect to see the conditions and how I keep my adults????? as they say, in ya dreams.

There are only about 6 snake keepers who have access to my home. It's been that way for many years and it's not going to change......

A 9 y.o. using a mobile phone, I always thought I was behind the times. My daughter was 16 before I got her a mobile.....

when i go to buy a reptile, i dont really care how the seller is going by things, as they are selling and i am buying.. if they let me see their collection i feel privaliged, if they dont, i dont mind at all cause im going to purchase an animal not go to a zoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back