Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
on the topic of permission, did have each child's parent/guardian sign off on the media consent forms so that you could legally publish their image on the internet?

don't be offended, i'm just taking the p... out of the legal system.

well done for helping educate kids.

on the topic of permission, did have each child's parent/guardian sign off on the media consent forms so that you could legally publish their image on the internet?

don't be offended, i'm just taking the p... out of the legal system.

well done for helping educate kids.

Just as well you added that I was about to find an emote to give you the finger... :D

Just give him the finger hahaha wow wouldn't think any one would say that

Did u want me to make sure I have parents permission about the cards as well :D some one might copy there writing :p

I had the little kids at school make posters about the snake while waiting their turn to touch him. I now have some great art in my classroom. Some of the year 2 boys even labelled heat-sensing pits and camouflage spots! I was very impressed at how well they listened to my little talk. Retention of information is always much better when Mr Pebbles (classroom MD) is involved.:D

It is strictly illegal plain and simple in all states for good reason.

These include that you are not to remove a reptile (or product including a shed skin) from your premises, except in transit for trade or for a vet visit.

This is to help prevent misinformation being spread by people without training or approval from the relevant authority, to assist in preventing profiteering from wildlife and minimize disease tranmission.

In qld education Queensland must in addition approve the demonstrator as well as have copies of working with children approvals, public liability certification etc

Might seem excessive but that is the state of play.

If you are caught doing the wrong thing by bringing a snake to classroom for instance the punishment can be severe including confiscation of the animal(s), fines etc

Cheers
Scott

That's ridiculous, a quick show and tell is not even allowed!! whats the world coming too?

Hahaha yer just some people wouldn't have a clue what there talking about all ya do is smile and nod hahaha :)

I have taken the snakes to school two times now and every one is happy as

I think moving the shed skin is a load of rot ... :) I no I have chucked some in the bin :O I'm in trouble now

That's ridiculous, a quick show and tell is not even allowed!! whats the world coming too?

Rockett you have to bare in mind, as clarified later in the thread, Eipper was talking about taking them without seeking a permit first. As we hae shown once you approach the relevent authorities it is only a matter of procedure, they are quite happy on the whole to give you a permit to do stuff like a show and tell.

And Jake the point about publicity release is actually a fair point strictly speaking and I wasn't really thinking when I posted the pics. If a kid comes from a split family and there are considerations like an AVO where one parent isn't to know where the kid is it can be a real issue with posting the images. I will just keep my fingers crossed, as this forum is not exactly 'mainstream' and I didn't label the pics so a Google search would still miss them, that I will be safe enough.

I'm doing a return visit to the kids school this afternoon to show them how much Skittles has grown and changed. This time though the focus won't be so much on how to keep a snake as doing a bit of a saftey talk about snakes in the wild so I am really quite excited and looking forward to the afternoon. :)

I'm doing a return visit to the kids school this afternoon to show them how much Skittles has grown and changed. This time though the focus won't be so much on how to keep a snake as doing a bit of a saftey talk about snakes in the wild so I am really quite excited and looking forward to the afternoon. :)

Well done Gruni, IMO there should be more of it. I understand the need for rules and regulations governing the ownership of reptiles but as long as all relevant parties are consulted and a few guidelines established to protect yourself and the class I don't see the problem. Society is so hell bent on rules these days that people have forgotten to experience life in the process.

Presentation went a treat. They were a very switched on group and the good part is how much they remembered from last time I was there. This time I focused on what to do to avoid getting bitten and also a quick demo/explanation of a compression bandage. The kids realy do love this sort of thing, even the ones who are a bit toey about snakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back