Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, one thing i have always wondered about privately keeping massive crocs is how do you learn to handle them safely and stuff? Also how much space, heating and food does an adult need?

A moat with a massive croc would work far better than a guard dog :lol:

Ossh thats awesome theyre so cute when theyre little lol

hey guys sorry to pester, but how long will the salty last in the 4ft tank before you have to upgrade.

haha not long i would presume, it is tempary accomadation for a couple months as i'm about to build a heap of upgrade enclosures for all our herps... the crocs 1 being my first priority

oh man that is awesome.
im on the hunt for a 6foot tank now, i am so getting a freshie asap.
thanks for the photo's you are one lucky couple.

Absolutely awesome! Your very lucky. I wish we could keep them in nsw...Id love a salty!

Just wondering how you house a full-grown croc? I assume you would need a larger than average backyard and an inground pool - or be planning to build one. Do you live in suburbia or further out. I don't imagine my neighbours would be too thrilled if I brought one home.:shock:

yes you need to be seriously setup for a 2.5+meter croc.
i seen a ~2mtr salty at a aquarium shop in adelaide here and its in a terribly small enclosure for its size. i would much rather see it in a big outside enclosure.

Just wondering how you house a full-grown croc? I assume you would need a larger than average backyard and an inground pool - or be planning to build one. Do you live in suburbia or further out. I don't imagine my neighbours would be too thrilled if I brought one home.:shock:

Same size enclosure as you'd see at any good zoo. We're fortunate we live out of Melbourne. We've considered everything and are well prepared for a growing Salties needs.

yes you need to be seriously setup for a 2.5+meter croc.
i seen a ~2mtr salty at a aquarium shop in adelaide here and its in a terribly small enclosure for its size. i would much rather see it in a big outside enclosure.
Is that the shop just north of the city? (not naming names)
I believe that particular one has been rehoused now that it has outgrown its enclosure :)

How much do salties sell for ? how many eggs do the females lay ?

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back