Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

i recall being in high school an the head master banned interschool relationships.....

but yeah i can relate to this as i still work in schools but i would say behaviour has become alot worse.

like this week a prep student was suspended for Head butting his teacher.

but its become to out of controll now Im sub contracted to the schools i work for an i showed up 20 mins early for work one day so i figured id have a quick smoke an start work.

so i walked 1 block away an around the corner from the school (so i was well out of sight) an the head master drove past me while i was having my smoke an when i returned to the school i was still 10mins early but got a mouthful for smoking near school property???

go figure.

I agree with a lot of the comments here.. I only recently left school (was in yr 12 in '06) and so far as I'm concerned, schools are going downhill fast. Virtually none of the students have respect for teachers, their parents, other students or any life-form. I have always felt so sorry for substitute teachers.. the students give them absolute hell, but they don't deserve it, they are doing their jobs. Half of the students are happy when theyre suspended; they get a REASON to miss school for a couple of days, and then their friends just think its "cool" so they muck up again. I know it'll probably sound rich coming from me, considering I'm pretty much their age, but my mind thinks more like the adults that went to school in the 60's. My parents brought me up well, I respect others, their opinions, don't go around picking fights, being rude etc. I am not saying that parents should be able to hit their kids etc, as I was never hit as a kid, but I always behaved myself. I think it all just comes down to respect; now, very few kids or teens seem to have respect for anyone else.

So many fights are occuring at schools, and in every day life. murders, illegal activities.. So far as I'm concerned society is going downhill fast, and I want out of it before it gets worse. Maybe thats why I prefer the country, even though I was born a 'city' kid, I rekon I grew up in the wrong place lol.

i recently read about the banning of 'tip' in schools because kids touch each other. i remember playing that catch and kiss game, i wonder if anyone under 15 even knows what that is anymore, or have they wiped it out entirely?
im doing extension 2 english for HSC on Dystopian societies, so all this stuff is gold, any stories of insane news stories please include them, thanks.
Josh
Was called kiss chase in London, and i still play it every chance i get.;)

I agree there were soo many benefits in the good old days. Black people knew their place in society, fags either stayed closeted or got the bashing they deserve, woman knew their real role was in the home and didnt try to take control of a mans life outside the home. I could go on all night.

I agree there were soo many benefits in the good old days. Black people knew their place in society, fags either stayed closeted or got the bashing they deserve, woman knew their real role was in the home and didnt try to take control of a mans life outside the home. I could go on all night.

You may have just opened a can of worms there!

'a lot of childrens misbehaviour is due to environmental issues. back in the 60s kids always had their mums around. now days, alot of kids have both parents working full time, so the kid is in before and after school care, and never really get to know their parents. thats gotta screw with your head.'

Totally agree with you. the kids don't have any authority any more. Both parents work and don't see the kids. I recently went back to work, and I ended up doing 4-5 days a week and had my kids in day care, My kids lost al respect and picked up attitude BIG time. So I dropped my days at work down to 2 and i am seeing improvements.
It is also society. My kids are no angels, they have mucked up down the shops to where people just look in shock horror, but there is nothing I can do, I have smacked my boys in public once and I got absolutely riddiculed by passers by, but they wwere the same ones looking in horror at how badly behaved they were.
In a whole ALL people need to help others, neighbours don't know each other, familt lives too far away and the price of living is going up to where all needs to work.
But also control is needed both at home and in the schools. This garbage that they teach young kids in primary schools about sex and drugs and that parnets have no rights has to stop. It gets to the point of do you want to home school the kids?
I have let my rant go, thanks for letting me vent

Don't think we should encourage kids to smoke though ;)

I know a lot of good parents that never hit their kids and they are the best kids any parent could ask for. You don't need to wack your kid to get them to behave... then again I've seen a good wack do wonders for dogs..

Seems like a lot of the older people are just scared of change? It's the world we live in, change is inevitable..the way we move forward

Dodie, you don't give your age, I'd be curious to discover that. Older people aren't scared of change, they, and a lot of other people judging by this thread, would welcome some of the older values return, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having respect for others, and others property. This was brought about by learning that respect through discipline, and knowing right from wrong. Most kids these days don't know the difference, nor the boundaries they shouldn't cross.

"Whacking" kids is an interesting term, but there was never any harm done by a sharp slap with the flat of a hand on a leg or a behind, it stings, but only for moments, and a lesson is learned.

Yes it would have happened back than , there was still a fair bit of violence back than , now the just a lot more people around so you hear about more.

16 year olds didn't go around murdering others back then. If anything, it was heard of more then, because it was such an unusual occurrence. They had far more interesting things to do, and if they didn't, they'd find something to do that usually didn't interfere with the lives of others nor involving damage of others property.

Damage to property did happen then, but VERY infrequently. One could walk around town without the insult of seeing the damage done by graffitists!

Luckily some places retain the charms of yesteryear - Gotta love Queensland - ;)
(and apparently Sutherland Shire, Sydney)

Last edited:
Yea unfortunatly atm i dont live in one of those areas, but when i can pay my own way ill be there for sure. The rest of australia is sick and disgusting.

Yea unfortunatly atm i dont live in one of those areas, but when i can pay my own way ill be there for sure. The rest of australia is sick and disgusting.

Agreed - i actually saw a women wearing pants last Tuesday - i had to cover the children's eyes!

The common theme now is, it is never your fault and no one takes responsibility for their own actions.

I think it's about respect. You don't need to be hit to learn to respect, that's just stupid.

I DONT believe kids need to be hit all the time to teach them respect. I have far more respect for others, their property, opinions etc than many kids I went to school with that were hit as kids. often it seems like those kids that are hit all the time end up taking drugs, bullies in school etc. Not saying this is all; sometimes it seems that kids may need more severe punishment than what is allowed now. I'd say its a very fine line.

Anyway.. my parents brought me up well I believe, and I cannot remember a time when I was hit, not even once..

so many things from previous years (older generations, such as teh 60's) are so much better than they are now. like some of you guys mentioned above, a lot of people have no idea who their neighbours are, and things like that. Thats why I generally prefer country people to city people; city people always seem self centered, out to help themselves, yet a lot of country people are FAR more friendly, out for a chat, eager to help, get to know you etc, and the communities seem far closer together. Im not saying this is the case for everywhere, but thats the way it seems to me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back