Should Queensland go for Daylight Savings?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Queensland adopt Daylight Savings

• Queensland should adopt Daylight Savings

Votes: 60 46.5%
  • Queensland should NOT adopt Daylight Savings

Votes: 69 53.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
comeon it would take queenslanders two months to work out which way to turn the clock :)

I think daylight saving should be banned everywhere. Daylight saving as been linked with causing deaths due to lack of sleep while changing the time. Daylight is also over-rated, has anyone ever heard of electrical lighting? :lol:

No way should they change it! it seems stupid and a pointless- I see absolutely no benefits. as others have said, we already get plenty of daylight after work/uni/school to do things. And as Cris said, we have lighting if needed!

If it ends up switching to having daylight savings here, I'll either be missing a lot of morning lectures, or have an accident driving or something.

ummm yeah, it's REALLY not that complicated... :?

Thanks for implying I'm an idiot.

What I mean is that I cannot cope with mornings as it is, as my 'internal body clock' is simply messed up. Regardless of the time, I will not be able to safely get up earlier, or go to sleep earlier. Say what you like about routines etc, but it doesn't work. So, if I were to drive daily on, say, 3hrs of sleep? I personally wouldn't consider that safe.

However, its not supposed to be a discussion about sleep.... Personally I still don't think we need daylight savings up here- there's plenty of daylight before + after work (uni, school, whatever) to get anything done, and the temperature doesn't vary that much within an hour...

I agree, Kitah, that the extra time didn't mean much to me in my school/uni days, either. Little bit different when you work at least a 10-12hr day away from home every day, and no time to exercise, relax, walk the dogs in the daylight....

Wow - some of you guys live on a different planet....

Kristy - what do you do during 'normal' hours - hibernate???

Brisbane's longest day: Sun rises 4:50am and sets 6:43pm - so do you really work a 14 hour day on the 22nd of December?

Not to mention it'll still be light at 7:43pm!!!

You'd be crazy to want to see that any different - I think personally that's extremely reasonable given the subtropical climate of Brisbane... And there should be NO reason to vote for Daylight Savings.

For the FNQers:

Townsville:

Sunrises at 5:32am and sets at 6:50pm

Cairns:

Sunrises at 5:41 and sets at 6:50pm

There is NOTHING unreasonable with those times!!!!

(all times are the longest day - 22nd December)

i love daylight savings, mind you i left Qld for Melbourne 12 years ago or so.

By memory there was a referendum in Queensland back in early to mid 90's and all you banana benders voted not to have it. So you have had your say, got what you wanted so stop ya complaining.

i love daylight savings, mind you i left Qld for Melbourne 12 years ago or so.

By memory there was a referendum in Queensland back in early to mid 90's and all you banana benders voted not to have it. So you have had your say, got what you wanted so stop ya complaining.

Eh????

Bligh says we've NEVER voted on it before (ahem - is Bligh lying? :shock: )

Bligh also says we need to REVOTE - yes... Time to referendum this....

So we haven't had our say and we're not complaining yet... This poll is merely set up to point out something fairly obvious... Queenslanders DO NOT want Daylight Savings - plain and simple - referendum not required!

ummm yeah, it's REALLY not that complicated... :?

Do you condone the deaths contributed to daylight saving?

Do you simply think everyone should just get over some stupid reason to change the time suddenly for whingers? If the whingers changed their work hours it would solve lots of traffic problems.

On a less serious note it reminds me of a story of someone working in a government departement who changed to metric time(10 hour days) to play a prank on some poor old bludger :lol:

Eh????

Bligh also says we need to REVOTE - yes... Time to referendum this....

So we haven't had our say and we're not complaining yet... This poll is merely set up to point out something fairly obvious... Queenslanders DO NOT want Daylight Savings - plain and simple - referendum not required!

yeh, i wasnt having a go about complaining to anyone, just tongue in cheek, i am pretty sure they did have a referedum in mid to early 90's, and the little misses, thinks they did too, but as the wife says Bligh has probably checked the records and i have not.

Glad its over for the year sick of getting up in the dark,now im coming home in the dark lol.
We have enough light in summer.

i thought i was loosing my mind for a minute so i did a google, there was a referendum in 1992, by Queenslanders and it was not instated. Refer here, Ministerial Media Statements

so my first statement stands, lol stop ya complaining

Eh????

A politician, lie? :shock: They'd never do such a thing! Nor would they ever risk having no idea about past votes etc (they study it all before becoming a politician, right?), and nor would they ever let things 'slip their mind! :lol:

Eh????

Please read what she said before whining about something that may not happen and won't affect you anyhow.

"Qlders have never had a say on daylight saving in SEQ only, a split time zone, maybe we should consider-what do you think?''

Premier Anna Bligh suggests daylight saving referendum via Twitter | Herald Sun

Do you condone the deaths contributed to daylight saving?
Proof please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back