Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally get to play!

This is Brunhilde, just put her in her enclosure a few hours ago. Born July 23rd 2010. 75% kofia, 25% biak (technically unsexed, but I like the valkyrie name).

RDYCI.jpg

Very nice keep us posted on how she turns out.

Well, I've had my GTP for two full days now and I'm just in awe at how amazing a species this is to keep. It is the ultimate display animal and is just the most beautiful snake in the world in my eyes.

Day and night she is programmed like a computer to switch from her daytime perch stance to her evening hunting stance. All night long she can be observed luring by wiggling her black tail around in a really unusual manner. I am positive I'll never get another kind of snake now that I've had my first GTP.

Excuse the novice, are those GTP with a lot of yellow, native australian GTP or sorong?

Are they just rear? to have yellow in them or is it a specific line...

Excuse the novice, are those GTP with a lot of yellow, native australian GTP or sorong?

Are they just rear? to have yellow in them or is it a specific line...

There's a huge can of worms that you can dig into on that subject if you want, but if you're okay with generalizing, the different localities of GTPs are generally identifiable through some commonalities. As tallis said, biaks are usually a mix of yellow and green. Kofiau's are known for being dominantly bright yellow. Sorongs and Arus are dominantly green with highlights of white or blue scales but of course there are plenty of cases where these generalizations fail, so as long as you don't treat it like science it tends to be a fairly reliable way to distinguish the types.

all are 2 and a half to 3 and a half

Attachments

• DSC02681.JPG
    DSC02681.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 166
  • iphone 068.jpg
    iphone 068.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 176
  • iphone 070.jpg
    iphone 070.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 145
Hey Guys a bit off topic but i need some help... i found this really tiny doscoloured area in my GTP, what do you think it is and how van i get rid of it? And a cool pic i took of my GTP outsideIMG_1147 copy.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1339.JPG
    IMG_1339.JPG
    480.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1337.JPG
    IMG_1337.JPG
    544.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back