Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
redera4a.jpg
the one with darker pink flowers is for Shanti when she arrives from SXR very excited but as I said new enclosures are in planning
Are thoes zoo med thermometer in the front of your cages? How do you monitor humidity?

yqyrubeh.jpg
easier to explain with pics
I placed a piece of dowel thro the middle of bamboo and sealed with slastic and stuck curtain rod holders on glass but I am going with the Greenrooms idea with fly screen corners.
Shanti is from last season I wanted a female!

- - - Updated - - -

Are thoes zoo med thermometer in the front of your cages? How do you monitor humidity?

You can just see part of hygrometer opposite the water bowl under the door hinge the yellow things are just to see temp all my heating lights etc are hidden up top in unit to keep heat my thermostats are on side of unit with power points as the unit holds 6 enclosures 3 top 3 bottom has 4 extra power points and runs 2 thermostats 1 top 1 bottom.

Last edited:
That's a nice youngin' John. It's a good crisp shot too. How do you find the trellis as a perch?

That looks like a good-looking Aussie you have there. There's a good number of vertebral spots. Do you mind telling us who bred that specimen?

The other one is better, I'll get some photos tonight. Bred by John Comino.

The other one is better, I'll get some photos tonight. Bred by John Comino.
Can't wait! Thanks for that.
John must be doing something right then, as getting the stripe to express itself in natives is almost an art form.

Last edited:
redera4a.jpg
the one with darker pink flowers is for Shanti when she arrives from SXR very excited but as I said new enclosures are in planning

What wattage heat are you using on those. Also are you doing anything to the mesh at the top to insulate and keep humidity in?

Tangy1
I purchased this unit of a Chondro breeder from Vic?
As I live in hot dry area I have put clear perspec on frount of lid/mesh and folded tin foil on back half lid/mesh with the other half is where a exo terra heat lamp is. I only know they are ceramic globes 60 watts.
I mist twice a day and have pebbles under neath my peat which helps my glass stays foggy for about 3 to 4 hours.

Last edited:
yqyrubeh.jpg
easier to explain with pics
I placed a piece of dowel thro the middle of bamboo and sealed with slastic and stuck curtain rod holders on glass but I am going with the Greenrooms idea with fly screen corners.
Shanti is from last season I wanted a female!

- - - Updated - - -

You can just see part of hygrometer opposite the water bowl under the door hinge the yellow things are just to see temp all my heating lights etc are hidden up top in unit to keep heat my thermostats are on side of unit with power points as the unit holds 6 enclosures 3 top 3 bottom has 4 extra power points and runs 2 thermostats 1 top 1 bottom.
Thanks for the info. I'm useing plastic tubs rite now for the chondros. I'm just trying to figure out what way to go. Most my enclosures are glass or exos. I do have some PVC cages. I'm still on the fence about wich way to go. Again thanks for the info.

- - - Updated - - -

No-two that second one you posted is one hell of a nice specimen. Probably one of the nicest Aussie I have seen. When you guys breed two highly patterned Aussies together, do you guys find that they don't always produce highly patterned adults? I've seen this in Merauke's.

Awesome specimens Hayden, I hope they turned out the way you wanted. They look excellent!

Patrick, I find the trellis great for the young fellas and I use it for all young Morelia spp. I even use it in some of the adult enclosures as a 'cradle' between two perches. It's good stuff.

Here is phone-shot of another one I bred owned by daveandem2011 displaying prominent dorsal coloration. I finally figured out how to upload it mate.

GTP-Dave's.jpg

That one is very pretty, I was sort of hopeing these would have either no stripe or a really good one, I'm in between, might have to get more and give it another go ;)

epy2ehe8.jpg
Just got back from airport picking her up this is my little girl Shanti thank you Diane and Simon I'm so happy

Here's one of our little yellow worms.

These guys are going growing really well and almost ready for their new homes.

Attachments

• IMG_0312.jpg
    IMG_0312.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 117
Patrick, I find the trellis great for the young fellas and I use it for all young Morelia spp. I even use it in some of the adult enclosures as a 'cradle' between two perches. It's good stuff.

Here is phone-shot of another one I bred owned by daveandem2011 displaying prominent dorsal coloration. I finally figured out how to upload it mate.

View attachment 274028
Thanks John. That's an beautiful specimen, with a very decent stripe. 8)
It's great to finally see some CB Aussies being produced with good vertebral striping.
Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back