Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still gettin use to the APS lingo. Or is it an eastern states term "vens" ?
I have a large collection of elapids, here is one of my tigers.

I think it's just considered easier to type the 4 leters in "vens" than to type "elapids", or "venomous snakes". I'd never heard the term before joining the site. Had never heard "hots" either :shock:

Still No One has mention how Vens are to look after...??? Anyone tell me?? Anything real different appart from the No Handling....????

And KERSTEN....... What does "HOTS" mean???? lol

And KERSTEN....... What does "HOTS" mean???? lol
See now that's exactly what I said when I saw it :shock: Well without the "and KERSTEN" bit :p They're elapids apparently :lol: Those crazy yanks :roll:

How hard they are to look after....depends on your definition of hard really.

Huh...... What are you saying...... I'm Lost ...LOL...... Just kidding.....

I was just wondering what varies when looking after a Ven compared to a Python........

Other than the non handling? Not a lot really in terms of maintenance. Fussy eaters can be a pain in the rear though with elapids....you can't exactly hold onto a dead mouse and shake it about in front of them so they think it's alive now, can you? Better security on the enclosures is about all else I can think of.

MMM........ Who here has Ven's???? If you dont want everyone knowing.... feel free to PM me and we can chat via them.... I would like to look at some.... As I would also look owning one or two of them in the next few years maybe.... (See what Happens)

I was just wondering what varies when looking after a Ven compared to a Python........

Depends on the species of elapid. They generally crap more than pythons, so there's more cleaning involved. Hatchlings often require skinks as a first food (I provide them with skinks for their first few feeds anyway. Young elapids are made to eat skinks)

They're definately more interesting to watch than any python.

some great looking snakes keep em coming

Here is a juvie western brown from a call out, great snake with a really good temperment. The thing I like about this phase is how yellow the bellys get. Give a hatchy GTP a run for it's money. When i got the call, it was mate, it's an inland tiapan.
Shame we don't get them anywhere near our area, except in private collections.

When i got the call, it was mate, it's an inland tiapan.

Amazing isn't it...how many "experts" call and say they know what they have found and that it's a Taipan :shock:

Some great looking snakes here. That "taipan" or western brown especially looks great yommy. I love the hatchies too byup.

mickousley said:
i tryd to load some pic but there not working
i have some king browns and collett pairs for sale if any one is keen email me the kings are cream in colour
mick

Im broke Mick. stop rubbing it in. Otherwise Id be on your doorstep now for those mulgas.

Nice little trop there byup.
Yommy, I love those westerns. especially the phase. Your on the money I think with your comparison.

that stephensi is orgasmic lol got to be my favourite elapid by far also love the wa toger and hooverand i love all the rest to but they were the 3 best :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back