Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man those snakes scare the absolute cr@p out of me!

Yommy I've kept snakes in those kinds of tubs aswell, but i always found that the slender ones could get through the gap between the box and the lid. Is it safe to keep a slender elapid in one of those?

in regards to keeping who feeds there vens live or at least makes it so the snake will invenomate prey

yommy said:
Here is a juvie western brown from a call out, great snake with a really good temperment. The thing I like about this phase is how yellow the bellys get. Give a hatchy GTP a run for it's money. When i got the call, it was mate, it's an inland tiapan.
Shame we don't get them anywhere near our area, except in private collections.

Nice looking dugite. Found one just like it the other week out near the vines, a good couple kinks in it's back.

Yommy I've kept snakes in those kinds of tubs aswell, but i always found that the slender ones could get through the gap between the box and the lid. Is it safe to keep a slender elapid in one of those?

Your answer is NO......

It was never kept in that box (for the reasons you stated above) and it's against the caging requirements for elapids in the NT (not lockable etc) plus the wife would kill me.
it was just a temp place to check him out and make sure there was no injuries before releasing/relocating away to a non people location. The western brown's variety in the katherine area is amazing though it was probably the niciest looking one i've relocated.

in regards to keeping who feeds there vens live or at least makes it so the snake will invenomate prey

I give them the occasional live pinkie or rat pup. That's it though..same reason as to why you wouldn't feed a live rodent to any snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back