Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananapeel

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I know there are quite a few threads like this but wateva. Just wanting to see some pics of your reptiles/amphibians. Anything really. Also if you could please include pics of enclosures as I am planning on purchasing a woma and would love to see some enclosures and setups of any of your reptiles - just to give me a bit of a realistic idea. thanks everyone! And I envy all your reptiles so thought I might just make the thread to make me even more jealous! ARGH parents... might let me get a snake but i do't think they are keen on me extending that collection. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone. Please share.

Wow thanks! Stunning animals and a simple yet very effective looking enclosure. Just wondering though. (not trying to be smart as I am a complete beginner) but don't most snakes want some sort of hide? Also how big are your womas? and what locality are they? tanami?

- - - Updated - - -

Your so lucky! btw

Left to right - Female jungle, her 4x2x2 vert enclosure, old pic of my tanami woma, his new temp. enclosure (till his 4x2x2 is built), male jungle, his 30L tub, and finally my pygmy beardie pair (60x45x60)

P1040422 (800x793).jpgfinished jungle enclosure.jpgBoof.jpgnew woma tank.jpgrp male.jpgP1040420 (800x399).jpgpygmies new home.jpg

Wow leamos, they are stunning enclosures! and your animals are gorgeous! particularly the Woma - only coz I'm obsessed with them :twisted:

- - - Updated - - -

haha love how you put the sticks through the enclosure. looks cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on guys, please add some pics. would really appreciate it!

Left to right.... Jungle, bluey, 4 angle head's (2pair's), 100% Het Darwin and Bredli.

IMGP0128.jpgIMGP0010.jpgIMGP0022.jpgIMGP0039.jpgIMGP0148.jpgIMGP0279.jpgIMGP0278.jpg

yeh bananapeel i have a hide for them i just quicky took a pic when i was cleaning it out they are tanimi womas and they are about 1.7m i never keep them together i was just breeding them this season :) they are great snakes

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_0448.jpgDSC_0022.jpgDSC_0016 (3).jpgthese are a few more of my tanks

They are gorgeous animals Damiieen! That's a beautiful big jungle you got there. Love all the feeding shots too.
Nice setups snakefreak particularly that last one with the jungle. :)

Hey heres a couple of ours!

Attachments

• Manny at Home.jpg
    Manny at Home.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 82
  • STUFF 009.jpg
    STUFF 009.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 75
  • STUFF 011.jpg
    STUFF 011.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 66
Heres an old photo of Butters.
Lookatmyprettyhead-1.jpg

Wow you guys have such stunning animals! How old's the sand monitor Joemal? and what's the snake in your avatar. He's huge. Love butters! what a stunning albino. and the pic of the bluey is so cute marcnewprt!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you mate! Jungle is just pushing 6ft :D
Nice mate. stunning animal.

I some pics to share of the days I miss, but right now have no means to go back to. For the animals, I'd love to, but being one of just a few reptile rescue and care volunteers, going out looking for snakes that were long gone by the time I got there, was sending me broke. Ppl offer petrol money but didn't like to take it. I have been considering re-joining FAWNA, but only as a carer, not a rescuer. I didn't win with them all, but these are just a few that make me want to do it again....

Red Belly was found inside someone's stove (yes resident saw the snake go into the stove). No harm done, off he goes
P1050158.jpg

Green Tree Snake was jammed in someone's door..
DSCF4654.jpg

6 weeks later, fully recovered and released..
GTS5.jpg

This girl was hiding inside a car. Upon pulling her out I observed her very irregular looking body, found her to be egg bound. It was almost mid-year so the eggs she carried were probably 4 months over due.
P1010706.jpg

3 months later she was released...
P1040583.jpg

Lacy brought to me because he was injured after fighting with another lacy.
002.jpg

These guys are bullet proof. I gave his wound a wash out then let him go..
002-1.jpg

Poor turtle with a crushed shell. He spent about 6 months or so with me. Taped his shell till it healed, then let him go.
001-12.jpg

002-7.jpg

081-1.jpg

Somebody caught two marsh snakes and brought them to me as they appeared not well. They were scarred and one had retained skin on him. I soaked him to get the skin off him. One of them bit me and gave me a fat hand and sore arm for a week so I told him to get his skin off, himself, and let them go the next day..
009-11.jpg

My husband was asked to remove a brown tree snake from a local pre school. He did, but I found a handsome, healthy eastern brown snake waiting for release when I got home from work. It was late in afternoon so I released him next day - no dramas.
005-2.jpg

A bluey who was attacked by a cat
P1030280.jpg

My ungrateful patient made a full recovery and I let him go in my own backyard..
P1040185.jpg

My latest patient was this young lacy, unfortunately was eventually put down. When I thought he was doing well, upon release he was clear he wasn't. He stopped eating and was very sad so I had to say goodbye...
IMG_3017.jpg

002-3.jpg

He started lifting his head but this was the best he was ever going to get :(
IMG_2922.jpg

Oh god! that's horrific! Poor things! they're gorgeous. At least most had happy endings. That last one almost made me tear up though.:cry:
You are an amazing person (not that I know you) but you should be so proud of what you've done. It really is amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

They're amazing geckoes red! particularly love the eyes on that first one.

Sorry Dreaper but the attachment didn't show.

mysnakesau, Do u know what was wrong with that poor young lacie?

And No-two, do u have an updated pic of butters?

Wow you guys have such stunning animals! How old's the sand monitor Joemal? and what's the snake in your avatar. He's huge. Love butters! what a stunning albino. and the pic of the bluey is so cute marcnewprt!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice mate. stunning animal.

The Sandy is 4 yr old and the snake in the avatar is my Scrub . Pic is an older one of her . Bit bigger now .

The Sandy is 4 yr old and the snake in the my avatar is my Scrub . Pic is an older one of her . Vita bigger now .

Do u have a rough estimate of the size of ur sandy? Also is it a Gouldii gouldii or a flavirufus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back