Skulls

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
skulls

Attachments

• DSCF4069.jpg
    DSCF4069.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 192
I love skulls..

Attachments

• tn_cskull.jpg
    tn_cskull.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 166
I love skulls, skeletons and bones from most animals and dinosaurs etc...and have posted before with this topic. I have a good collection of skulls and also dino replicas in storage and cant wait to display them when I have a room big enough...lol The missus is not into them but if I had the bucks and room i'd have a whole area dedicated to skeletons..their fascinating!

This is my collection - legal and registered.

R1254.jpg
That's the display i'm talking about Michael...awesome man!!! Some good lighting to show them off even more.......and anyone that thinks that's weird IS WEIRD themselves...lol

Nice Waterrat :D man I'd love to see those in person, might haveto tie my hands behind my back though so I don't touch them!

I could spend hours and hours sketching those. How do you get registered collections?

Michael that collection is incredible! Would love to have a registered collection of native mammal, bird and reptile skulls.

I've got a stunning hummingbird skull (and skeleton) from when I lived in the USA. The little thing crashed into my window and died, so I took it to a museum preparator. He used tiny dermestid larvae to prep it. You can even see the hyoid bones curling around the back of the skull to end on top of the skull between the eyes. I'll see if I can get it out and take a decent photo tonight. With my camera, this is doubtful. I have a lovely collection, but mainly mammals. The hummingbird is an exception.

How do you get registered collections?
\I worked in a Zoo and over the years some animals died. I applied (then) for a permit to save, prepare and keep the skulls. When I left the job, I applied for a transfer permit and I got it. The Zoo wasn't particularly interested in keeping the collection and after all, I spent my after-hours time preparing them.

my collection

Attachments

• sekillfield.jpg
    sekillfield.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 145
  • sekillfield2.jpg
    sekillfield2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 147
  • perumummy.jpg
    perumummy.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 131
  • perumummy2.jpg