Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This short bikie dud snake tamperer was at a mates place a few years ago. He was tampering with a BHP and the little snakey super hero looks at the camera and says something like "ahh, Aspidites ramsyai" yep, he's that clever.

Kris.

Come on man obviously it was a woma morph....

Yep, the Balaclava bandit morph Ivon.

He's like Austen Stevens very own Mini Me.....in more ways than one.

Kris.

the episode of him at tully gorge getting up close with a scrubby
i thought the adrenaline was going to make his head explode he was buzzing so much from the rush of tangling with a monster scrubby , lol maybe 12 foot if that ,??.

hes much better then that blonde khaki wearn goose that used to get around screaming CRIKEY!

yes he over reacts in his shows etc. but hey,l if your getting paid to do that good on ya, im for one jealous its not me doing it, getting paid to do something you enjoy why the hell not

yeh hes a joke. doesnt know anything bout the snakes and in pakistan he had to refer to the pakie rangler about evey little bit of info bout every snake.
austin stevens is a legend though love the man.

Good on the guys that make these programs,
Some of you guys that bag them out coulnd do a program any
better. As the genral public would be bored to tears watching.
I dont see the point in bagging the people in our great hobby
we should be behind them. I guess most people here on our site
know way more than these guys buy reading and sitting in front
of a key board. I will enjoy watching the future Reptile programs.
cheers

Good on the guys that make these programs,
Some of you guys that bag them out coulnd do a program any
better. As the genral public would be bored to tears watching.
I dont see the point in bagging the people in our great hobby
we should be behind them. I guess most people here on our site
know way more than these guys buy reading and sitting in front
of a key board. I will enjoy watching the future Reptile programs.
cheers

its the great APS knocking machine every time there is a show on reptiles on tv someone will bag it as rubbish as everyone here knows way more than everyone else

You know Gozz, usually I'd agree with you. I'm all for anything that promotes the hobby in a positive way. However, I don't think that someone who repeatedly endangers his own life and the reputations of the professionals he works occasionally with is promoting the hobby positively.

Each to their own but he's not my cuppa.

Who cares if they over react, who cares if they are using captive reps instead of showing/finding wild.. Non herp people aren't going to watch someone go on about lots of scientific information are they?

Who cares if they over react, who cares if they are using captive reps instead of showing/finding wild.. Non herp people aren't going to watch someone go on about lots of scientific information are they?

O' Shea's big adventure is a top show... as is Venom ER, both are educational, hosted by people at the TOP of their game, little to no staging needed, full of technical and basic info.

But this guy spreads a lot of incorect information. Surely you don't support him spreading rumors to non herp people?
I watched one show and in that one show he claimed it wasn't safe for him to be biten by a black whip snake because he couldn't ID the snake to the hospital if he was biten and that they wouldn't be able to administer antivenom. Never watched a show since, didn't even watch the rest of that episode actually. Now if a non snake person saw that and stumbles across a black whipsnake in there house what do you think is going to happen to that snake?

It bit him because he grabed it and inch and a half behind it's head..

What a goose. Everyone knows the only way to catch Death adders is by tailing them. They cant bite you that way.

At end of the day he does more good than bad. Rescues snakes and releases to wild and educates a little along the way. Would rather watch old Steve Irwin or Oshea or Tarzan aka Austin Stevens hehe. But hats off to him.

Any herpetologist who has the competance to handle reptiles correctly
"especially vens"
Are usually not dieing to get there mugs on film .
Inteligent articulate responcible herptologists are usually making more of a contribution to the herp scene with out jumping arround in front of a camera .

Nothing with wrong with making entertaining ? TV programmes
its entertainment ????

but its hardly herpetologies best practice in action, imo

Last edited:
C'mon guys take a closer look.
It's pretty obvious that it's Angry Anderson .That fake moustache and hat didn't fool me for a second.
I would have thought that they would have taught Angry something about snakes before filming though. If they gave the impression that he knew anything about Reptiles it would be a bit better.

Last edited:
The only thing he is missing is a cape......

Kreft, Angry Anderson is heaps taller.

Last nights show was bad, but it's stepping up in tidal waves of badness :lol: Someone wrote he is a drama queen, and that's spot-on! :lol:

I love his try-hard Irwin voice - EPIC FAIL! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back