Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moose, he's also got the tough man sway happening too- you know, pidgeon chest puffed out, arms stick out to the sides a bit and the waddle....

Bruce George: The only bloke in Australia that could potentially be struck in the face at ground level by a tiger snake :p

(Anyway, enough of the sillies from me. I'm not a fan :lol:)

Im not a fan of Bruce George...he is a bit melodramatic IMO, however he may be made to act like that by his producers.
But all in all i like the show, love seeing the animals and some really cool areas of Australia.

Surely no one here really believes that the purpose of his shows were ever meant to be educational ?
His shows are simply entertainment through a quirky bikies snake adventures.
Being involved with one episode myself and chatting with the production team, this was clearly, and not unsurprisingly confirmed. I do therefore believe in that capacity alone, these episodes have achieved that. The question may arrive for some of us, is the in correct information irresponsible in any way? Arguably so, but probably of no big deal.

I have to tell you, I was blown away how tiny he was. A relatively small python looked huge when he was holding it.

That explains a bit, I saw him on a Triumph bike and thought they must have released a gigantic model with 40'' rims.

Kris.

Apparently there was an episode ( I haven't seen it yet ) filmed in Perth where he is seen leaning over the bonnet of a 4wd looking over a map. What people can't see, is he is actually standing on a box. Little in size maybe but huge in enthusiasm.

Little in size maybe but huge in enthusiasm.

So he’s just an appetizer for a croc then?? :p

I saw him again last night and I’d say that’s the last straw for me. I watched him huffing and puffing and jumping like a startled rabbit over in Singapore with a few Burmese pythons, and on more than one occasion he’s grabbed the tail so far up near its tip he’s not only aggravated an already stressed animal but had the potential to do it a real injury! Luckily the local catcher was on hand then grabbed the tail “properly” to control it only to allow Bruce the window of opportunity to heroically slam his pinner down hard on the head of the animal and save the day!

The funniest thing I noticed was after all the carry on and sweat and sheer panic he displayed to get these animals over to the zoo for check-up and release he’s met there by this slightly built female vet, who casually (as Bruce jumps a bloody mile) pulls the snake out, gently pins it, heads it, places the main body between her knees for control and give it a sedative; all the while whilst not raising a sweat or freaking out or huffing and puffing like a steam train! Why oh why can a slightly built little lady approach the same situation more calmly than Super George??

He’s really not doing much to promote a composed, sensible approach to these animals. For a supposed expert he’s simply creating more fear about them and sending the wrong message! IMHO

Good on the guys that make these programs,
Some of you guys that bag them out coulnd do a program any
better. As the genral public would be bored to tears watching.
I dont see the point in bagging the people in our great hobby
we should be behind them. I guess most people here on our site
know way more than these guys buy reading and sitting in front
of a key board. I will enjoy watching the future Reptile programs.
cheers
I agree gozz I think alot of people deep down envy these lucky few who get to show their passion for herps on tv, but are quick to bag them out to boost their egos!! I dont rate it as a great show or an informative show, I watch it purely because I love anythig to do with reptiles!! Instead of bagging the guy out behind his back on here maybe giving the producers of the show some constructive critisism would be better, as they can then pass the public opinion to Bruce!!!

its the great APS knocking machine every time there is a show on reptiles on tv someone will bag it as rubbish as everyone here knows way more than everyone else
Totally agree, I would love to see aps people try and host a tv program with their lack of personality!! Imagine tv without the likes of Steve Irwin or Austin Stevens, very boring, I saw a great episode of Austin Stevens with a king cobra which is one of the best herp related tv programs I have ever seen!!

I agree gozz I think alot of people deep down envy these lucky few who get to show their passion for herps on tv, but are quick to bag them out to boost their egos!! I dont rate it as a great show or an informative show, I watch it purely because I love anythig to do with reptiles!! Instead of bagging the guy out behind his back on here maybe giving the producers of the show some constructive critisism would be better, as they can then pass the public opinion to Bruce!!!

I'll do that ;) Thanks

The fact is, regardless of what animals they have on the show, the host doesn't cut it IMO. That's all I'm stating. I couldn't give a crap if I said it to his face, doesn't worry me in the least. The other fact is I for one have no ego on here, I personally don't claim to know everything that should be known about the hobby, not even close. But if that limited knowledge is all I need to make me a critic then dear old Bruce has a few problems :lol: I wouldn't use the word 'envy' either...pity might come close 8)

Even Austin Stevens makes him look good ......I mean brilliant! :lol:

I'll do that ;) Thanks

The fact is, regardless of what animals they have on the show, the host doesn't cut it IMO. That's all I'm stating. I couldn't give a crap if I said it to his face, doesn't worry me in the least. The other fact is I for one have no ego on here, I personally don't claim to know everything that should be known about the hobby, not even close. But if that limited knowledge is all I need to make me a critic then dear old Bruce has a few problems :lol: I wouldn't use the word 'envy' either...pity might come close 8)

Even Austin Stevens makes him look good ......I mean brilliant! :lol:

Here, here Moose. I tend to apply the "if I know it's wrong, there's a problem" standard too.

If it were just the man's show pony attitude that was the problem lfe would be sweet. But letting dugites crawl around on your hands on a show watched by kids and saying that it's okay to handle them like that because they're babies and their fangs won't penetrate is not demonstrating a wealth of knowledge nor is it safe. Making a show with people who make their livelihoods and stake their reputations on their herping knowledge and hiding an elapid bite from them while filming isn't on either.

Anyone catch the episode on today, the one in Melbourne with all the exotics and poaching ect... What a beautiful Olive he got in that rescue, I want one just like it with that bright yellow belly ;)

the guy annoys me with the crap he talks. and yeah i watche dit
that guys house had some really nice enclosures.
be buggered if id let that midget in my house tho

Anyone catch the episode on today, the one in Melbourne with all the exotics and poaching ect... What a beautiful Olive he got in that rescue, I want one just like it with that bright yellow belly ;)

Must be a new morph eh? :D

LOL, yes, that guys enclosures were top notch, though his frillies nose was red raw, very impressive display enclosures though...

see how at the start when he got that tree snake banged on about how its a danger and could whipe out the environment,. then when the DSE chick said she might be able to find the owner he changed his views

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back