Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha pokemon.. my Friend names his after pokemon (a bearded dragon called dratini)

A few suggestions: Arrow, Bullet, Blade, Flame, Blaze, Shadow, Salem, Caesar, Dartanian, Artemis, Hera, Venus, Mars, Scythe, Zen, Zephyr, Axel, Chaos, Blitz, Scar, Zeal, Posiden, Odin, Thor, Seth, Cleopatra, Chloe, Osiris, Azure, Scarlet, Cobolt, Isis, Saffron, Cerise, Ceres, Khali, Kyah, Hecate,
Then there are the artists: Rembrandt, Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Amadeus, Berlioz, Vermeer, ... the list goes on lol.

Bit of an extensive list you have there haha...

[SUB]Your probably too late anyway. He who can't be named has probably already named them. [/SUB]

The only reason my snakes have names is because my wife named them as it makes them seem more personable. Apparently we need to name children for the same reason so I'll leave that up to her too.

Why the infatuation with naming them?

Haha pokemon.. my Friend names his after pokemon (a bearded dragon called dratini)

Bit of an extensive list you have there haha...

NO WAY! MY DIAMOND IS CALLED DRATINI!
I want my Dragons (when I get them) to be named after the dragon pokemon - Charizard and Aerodactyl :D

You could use the names of cyclones that have hit Darwin as something different.

My wife and daughter named my childrens python Wormy. Well I suppose as a hatchling it did look alot like a garden worm.

I may be just a weird one, but I despise having 'normal' or common names for pets/cars/items. I like the quirkiest ones possible :3

At the moment my snakes will follow kinda political figure theme. My Murray Darling is (Winston) Churchill, I am soon getting a Bredli whom I will call Theodore (Roosevelt) Eventually I guess I'll have a Lincoln, Kennedy and Clinton :p

Or, name them after stars or mythological figures. Atlas, Artemis, Diyonisus, Noctus, Prometheus. You can get some pretty interesting names if you have a good lookaround. A favourite of mine is Ouroboros ( The symbol of cycles where the snake eats it's tail). You could call him Oreo for short :3

I may be just a weird one, but I despise having 'normal' or common names for pets/cars/items. I like the quirkiest ones possible :3

At the moment my snakes will follow kinda political figure theme. My Murray Darling is (Winston) Churchill, I am soon getting a Bredli whom I will call Theodore (Roosevelt) Eventually I guess I'll have a Lincoln, Kennedy and Clinton :p

Or, name them after stars or mythological figures. Atlas, Artemis, Diyonisus, Noctus, Prometheus. You can get some pretty interesting names if you have a good lookaround. A favourite of mine is Ouroboros ( The symbol of cycles where the snake eats it's tail). You could call him Oreo for short :3

I also like to have original names... But it takes me FOREVER to think of one lol... Once I had a ferret and it took me 3 months to think of a name then my sister changed it anyway haha.

I called it Rufus and two days later its name magically became Taz lol.

A unique name I like is Pertinax he was a roman emperor that i like and it just so happens we share a birthday (however he was born 1868 years before me :p) lol.

Last edited:
All my pairs have "pair names" like Licorice and Lollies, Hazel and Nut, Gin and Tonic, you get the gist

All my pairs have "pair names" like Licorice and Lollies, Hazel and Nut, Gin and Tonic, you get the gist
most of my pair have the same thing ie mr & mrs Doris as it has been said before its the other half that names em =s

I also like to have original names... But it takes me FOREVER to think of one lol... Once I had a ferret and it took me 3 months to think of a name then my sister changed it anyway haha.

I called it Rufus and two days later its name magically became Taz lol.

A unique name I like is Pertinax he was a roman emperor that I like and it just so happens we share a birthday (however he was born 1868 years before me :p) lol.
I'm so terribly uncreative it takes me ages too. I had about 20 names for my MD from Pablo to Dumbledore to Pippin and I had him for a month before I decided on a name >.<

Have you named yours yet? :D How're they settling in?

I let my 7yr old pick my snakes name,
She decided it would be Lilly.
She also named my dog Alex, 2yrs ago :)

I've always liked the name mischief....
I struggled to name my snakes as well! But as soon as you see them you know, it's instinct!!!! I named my Bredli Joker because he has two red lines going up his mouth like the Joker from Batman :D

How about Beauty and Beast? idk, it's hard to name a snake without seeing it in person!!!!

Yeh might as well ask what to have for lunch

A snake sandwich?

- - - Updated - - -

A friend has a BHP..... he called it Obama :lol:

My pair of macs are Bonny & Clyde..... any of those famous name pairings would work.....Romeo & Juliette, Kate & Leopold (or Wills & Kate), Brad & Angelina :facepalm: :lol:

What about S1 & S2? (like bananas in pajamas) ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back