Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcat88

Reaction score
Am i the only person who has never seen any of their pythons drinking? i have been housing my first snake for 6 months and never seen him drink, assuming he does though as he isnt dead!

Ive never seen my python drink either.
i saw her stick her head in her water bowl and run it round the bottom of it then left the water.....

i see my big boy drink all the time, he sticks his nose in his bowl and his tongue moves really slowly.
he comes to drink as soon as his water gets changed which is most days.

my little girl drinks, usually at night though, she sprawls herself on her water bowl and dips her mouth in the water, her 'cheeks' move in and out like shes got air in them lol looks funny

i see my children's python drink all the time! he only drinks about once a week but i always just happen to pass the enclosure just as he's taking a sip of water. just good luck i guess.

I saw my MD drink once about 2 days after I got her (3months ago) but I have never seen my prossie drink in 6 mths.but they get plenty of water on the fur of their thawed rats

I see my maccies, who are kept in separate enclosures, drink often. I haven't seen any of my other snakes drink.

before I go to sleep of a night, I usually see my spotted boy drinking. . . it's cool

most of u prob kno but jst pointing out the obvious.. most snake dont need to drink as the get most fluids from their food

My male coastal drinks often, also before a feed?! I have seen my female do it but no where near as much. Think I have seen my MD take a swig from the bowl.

When i first got my snake i did not see him drink but you then stand and wait after you put fresh water in and you will see him/her drink...

Mine tend to drink straight after a meal and also whenever I replace the water - they like it fresh.

We take all water bowls out, F-10 them then let them sit, rinse them the next day and replace. As soon as the fresh water is given 80% of our collections will drink within 10 minutes of the clean bowls being provided.

Most BHP hatchlings will drink their first day out of the egg. This BHP was 3 minutes out of the egg, it went straight to it's water bowl as soon as it was placed in it's tub...

Attachments

• water...........................jpg
    water...........................jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back