Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I take my spotted python to the shops with mostly each time I visit... I get a few weird looks, but hey ;)

But now that I know its illigal, I'll think twice :shock:

Nope, that's about it Shamous.

Oh, you could add: 6. (Some of) the youth of today are a breed of very obnoxious spoilt brats and expect thing immediately.

Permission

When i first got my first snake he went everywhere with me and he seemed to like it, as i didn't need a permit for one snake in SA i had no idea but now the furthest they go outside of the house is the front lawn or the back yard, we have had people driving past reverse and ask us about them and one kid begged his mum to stop and let him look while walking past.

This year my daughter has already asked if we can take one to her kindy so does anyone in SA know if i can just take it around the corner to the kindy or if i have to contact the right people for permission?

You will most definately need permission to take it to your daughters kinder. They will also have to make it known to other parents that they intend of having a snake on the premises. It will then be up to anyone to object or not. If you were to take a snake in with or without permission and something unforseen was to happen yourself and the kinder could be held liable.

Do the wrong thing and you don't do it any favours. Do the right thing and I really belive that you are doing the hobby a favour and hopefully showing that reptiles really can be something to admire and be proud of, rather than to be something to be feared.

Hope everything works out and the kids love it.

a mate of mine had his dp used in a miss indy show (or something like that) as part of there display,
she walked around with it around her neck,

not sure about what he had to do to get it approved but at was at a night club,

cheers ray

Yeah, my daughter's kinder has asked if I can bring one in and talk about what I do (snake control & wildlife rescue). I think it's good for those kids that don't see much of our wildlife and environment. All those kids that don't venture far from their playstations.

Per

Kinder visits

I would always get it in writing by boht the Kinder and the relavant department. Always best to cover all bases and your backside;)

I would always get it in writing by boht the Kinder and the relavant department. Always best to cover all bases and your backside;)
Very true, parents can be irrational when it comes to this sort of stuff. In nsw being invited in to do a talk puts the school liable if things go wrong, invite yourself and you are in big poo. Not sure about the legalities in vic but i would still not do it without full approval (and under the insurance) of your wildlife group.

Of course you can, they even sell snake collars/leads now so your snake can't run (slither) off. It's great, i usually take my larger pythons for strolls during the afternoons, and i get them to crap on the front lawns of people i dislike. During the night, if i have to walk up to the shops or something, i take a Taipan with me.... for protection. Last time someone tried to mug me the bloke ended up in intensive care for 6 weeks! My Taipan got an extra juicy rat for dinner that night! :)

yeah, do you know how much you put me through? My Leg is now screwed cause of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back