Some ppl have no idea!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one other thing, you have the "illegal, pre licencing reptile keepers" to thank for a licencing system at all in NSW.

Craig

I find it unreal that people there are willing to risk a huge fine and a jail term for a snake that here costs less than $70. If you're going to risk it, get an albino Retic or something cool.

kevyn said:
I find it unreal that people there are willing to risk a huge fine and a jail term for a snake that here costs less than $70. If you're going to risk it, get an albino Retic or something cool.

It dosen't matter what the species, it's still cruel considering what happens to the ones that are imported, most of them suffer serverly and end up dying because they get crammed into little tubes and what not with no air. International species aren't banned because they cost too much, it's because of the suffering which the animal under go's, and also the risk of a pest species outbreak in our own beautiful country. If you cannot restrain yourself from commiting such a crime than you're extremely sad, no matter how amazing the species you're confronted with. Absolutely no species is worth the risk.

Maybe Matty you should do more research on the reasons for banning exotics reptiles, there are more reasons then than you have stated above and a HELL of a lot more important reasons

Baritji said:
Maybe Matty you should do more research on the reasons for banning exotics reptiles, there are more reasons then than you have stated above and a HELL of a lot more important reasons

I know that. Are you implying that my two reasons do not contribute at all though, to the banning of imported reptiles? Of course there are more reasons.

Baritji said:
Yes I am saying that

Well if it costs nothing to send them here, the animals are transported in complete comfort AND people are allowed to let them go whenever they feel like it without causing any harm at all. . .why aren't they here?

Look in threads of this site, and the other 30 or so Australian reptile forums and read them there is a hell of a lot more to worry about then that crap.

Baritji said:
Look in threads of this site, and the other 30 or so Australian reptile forums and read them there is a hell of a lot more to worry about then that crap.

Oh so now you're saying that they just aren't that "important"...before you were saying that they mean absolutely nothing...well quite frankly i think you're extremely cold hearted if you honestly believe that animals suffocating and being tortured isn't an issue. Forget all the government crap and what not, the issue is still the animals.

Also what I mean mate, is that if exotics were imported legally strict controls would be put on the transport for the health and safety of animals. So that is not really a valid reason

Baritji said:
Also what I mean mate, is that if exotics were imported legally strict controls would be put on the transport for the health and safety of animals. So that is not really a valid reason

. . .because the animals health and safty is an issue, which you currently said was clearly not an issue.

Because that would be regulated, to ensure that they are safe and healthy,, so that IMO is not an issue againts having exotics

Matty 2004,
I believe all Baritji is trying to say that on that one point you mentioned it wouldn't be a concern due to strict packing and freighting of the animals.
Captive bred and wild caught animals have for years been coming into Europe and America perfectly legally and with very little in the way of death's, however some countries that ship wild caught, such as Africa have a reputation for shipping animals in bad cramped conditions and their wildlife licensing agencies turn a blind eye. That wouldn't happen here, as if they did allow Imports into Australia I am sure they would have to be captive bred and have come from countries such as the US and Europe who have stricter regulations when it comes to shipping.
Of course there are still the smugglers that try to get animals through in tight cramped little containers, but it is hard to stop this illegal activity completely.

Neil

Shipping reptiles isn't an issue. If you go through a reputable source, animals are shipped quite well and arrive very alive. I am well versed on the North American shipping regulations, they are quite strict and very specific. They ensure the animals saftey.

Hey Baritji, if Matty's reasons are no correct then maybe you can tell us what is, I for one don't know why they are not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back