Some ppl have no idea!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GET OVER IT GUYS!!!!!!!!!! Corn snakes are bloody well bred over here!!!! I know a friend of a friend (covers his own ass) who breeds them. Geez one guy I know caught a baby Albino Corn at MacQuarie Fields train station. They are almost a native species now in the Georges River Basin in Sydney. I agree with kevyn if ya gonna risk it do it for someting good!!!!LOL The corns cost about $300 here kev. By the way I'll take one of those retics when they breed, NOW THAT's WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna RETIC. ~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Australia Zoo has plenty, I only want one!!!!!!! :D :twisted: :twisted:

Sorry afrofishman....... They need to grow up a bit. Geez ALL snakes are nice and personally I think we should be allowed to keep exotics, but it would have to be kept under VERY strict rules and guidelines even as far as courses before you get one and mandatory microchipping.

Matty, I think that what Baritji is saying is that exotics arent illegal in Australia simply because of how they are smuggled in, it is because of the potential impacts they could have on our native ecosystems if they were to escape or be released.

I personally think that is way off the mark but anyway we can't have 'em but why dob in thew people that do?????Honestly have we seen any major dramas because of foriegn snakes???? The answer is a big fat NO!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with you Ad,why dob them in?
I dont give a hoot what anyone does as long as it doesn't affect me or my family personaly.Lag people in.What this joint coming to?Thats just plain un Australian.
If the authorities were serious about it they would visit everyone licensed to keep herps for a start.I do realise however that not everyone who keeps exotics is licensed but likeI said "if they were serious".
Cant stand self rightious people meself...

What makes one "opinion" more correct than the other?? Everyone is talking as if they have "ALL" the answers and it is interesting to observe that the people who are advocates of keeping exotics illegally were the first and as far as I can tell the only people to get "down and dirty" in this thread, it shows no self control which does not give and credibility to your opinion.

The law is the law and we are required to obey it, if you break it, then you get penalised, you know the old saying, "if you can't do the time, then don't do the crime".

What kind of society would it be if everyone lived however they wanted. Scary thought.

SnakeWrangler said:
you know the old saying, "if you can't do the time, then don't do the crime".

I personally prefer "dont write cheques your ass cant cash"

SnakeWrangler said:
The law is the law and we are required to obey it, if you break it, then you get penalised, you know the old saying, "if you can't do the time, then don't do the crime."

Exactly I couldn't agree more.
What I don't agree on though, is the high and mighty notion that because you 'hear' that someone has a corn snake you run and tell the authorities about it. What would be gained? Nothing. The authorities wouldn't be able to act anyway, just on the say so of one person and on the conversation in a carpark. People just need to get off the moral high horse and look reality in the face.

Greg.

Well them - don't tell me that you have exotics because I WILL tell the law. I beleive it is a correct law. Not only are you adding another potentially invasive animal into Australias biosphere but you are encouraging smuggling, and all the cruelty inherent in that system.

I would dob without a 2nd thought.

It's not just about the surface level of the Reptile - care or trade Matty - it's about our environment.

Type in "Red Eared Sliders" in Australian pages on Google. We don't need anymore 'pests'.

Gregory - Farken IS still trying to break through - and you are strong and full of self control and don't allow him to channel. Good onyah!

I think that what Baritji is saying is that exotics arent illegal in Australia simply because of how they are smuggled in, it is because of the potential impacts they could have on our native ecosystems if they were to escape or be released.

I personally think that is way off the mark

Then you obviously know nothing about ecology :roll: Look at what you have just stated...

GET OVER IT GUYS!!!!!!!!!! Corn snakes are bloody well bred over here!!!! I know a friend of a friend (covers his own ass) who breeds them. Geez one guy I know caught a baby Albino Corn at MacQuarie Fields train station. They are almost a native species now in the Georges River Basin in Sydney.

Almost native?? Because of all the escapee captive illegals. You are just contradicting yourself mate.
Do you not think that this will severely impact on our NATIVE reptile populations, moreover all the OTHER native animals linking this ecosystem?? :roll:

Good site Fuscusy! Now that's it in a nutshell.

If I dob somebody in I expect the same from others. I would expect to be checked out after a big dob.

The Nation of dobbers keep each other straight. :D

Greg, :) Don't listen to those voices in your head saying - - - -'come to the dark side'. Fight it!

earthmother said:
The Nation of dobbers keep each other straight.

That's not what this nation is all about Em. We are not a nation of dobbers. If a SERIOUS crime had been commited, then yes, you need to come forward, but to dob someone in because you heard they have a Corn snake? or a Red Ear Slider?? No way.

In my opinion it's a minor offence, just like walking across the road against the 'Don't Walk' signal or any other minor infraction of society's rules that the majority of people break daily, and don't tell me you or any of the other Moral Crusaders here don't break any because, sometime, somewhere and at some stage through our lives we all do.

Gregory.
(Settle down Fark, you'll get your turn) :twisted:

Fuscus said:
I'm sure some one said last century " It's only a couple of rabbits, what possible harm can they do?"

What's that got to do with dobbing someone in cause you heard they have a Corn? Two totally different scenarios.

Keep on track old mate. You'll be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back