special treatment for breaking the law!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect it is no more expensive or difficult for a hospital to carry antivenines for exotic species than compared to native venomous species and people are legally allowed to own natives even though they are amongst the most dangerous in the world.
Actually it ian be super expensive. Adelaide zoo has (had?)an endangered species of ratlessnake and the claimed that the anti-venom cost $17k every 3 months

what happens if that person thought it was fixed and then their child came along and got zapped? not just about that person, gotta think of every1 around you!
what do you think about ppl who kill snakes instead of calling a removalist.
do you think if they get bitten they should receive help? i say no.
ppl will always have exotics but its their own problem if they get bitten and should face harsh penalties if found with them or someone is injured by them
I THOUGHT THEY WERE PROTECTED WHY AREN'T THESE PEOPLE BITTEN TRYING TO KILL A SNAKE FINED AS WELL

why should we jepardise our lives, aussie snakes for aussie ppl, we have an amazing variety of snakes here, dont get selfish and want more. there is more than anyone could want right in our back yard,

I love living in a capitalist society where I the consumer can let my selfish desires run riot with only the supplier holding me back.
Long live Selfishness!
Long live Capitalism!

Snake boy, the law has a hole for us humans who dont think. If you are in fear of the snake harming your fellow consumers/suppliers, you can kill it.

"these exotics being illegally brought in are also the reason we have opmv and body inclusion disease"

And Australia is the perported origin of the snake mite..whom carry and transmit OPMV and likely IBD....

So should the rest of the world blame the Aussies for snake mites and all the transmissable diseases associated ?

C'mon, you can never report anything genuinely anonamous. The authorities can always track you down. So perhaps it not such a dumb plan......

Yes, they're going to spend 1000's of dollars tracking someone who has an exotic snake.

I don't think so, NSW Npws can't even look at people with licenses let alone people without.

An environmental agency doesn't have the funds or the authority to do that.

Most sydney hospitals don't even stock all antivenom types.

There was an article in an AHS newsletter, that from memory only Westmeade stocked all the common vens in the sydney region.

Actually it ian be super expensive. Adelaide zoo has (had?)an endangered species of ratlessnake and the claimed that the anti-venom cost $17k every 3 months

That's an insanely inflated figure. The species of Rattlesnake they keep is Crotalus durrisus unicolor, the Aruba Island Rattlesnake. Venom Supplies keep Uracoan Rattlesnakes, Crotalus durissus vegrandis - both subspecies use the same antivenom and I can guarantee it was nowhere near as expensive as that, otherwise it wouldn't have been financially viable for the zoo, or for Venom Supplies to keep them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back