Spotted Python help??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke22

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just bought a 5wk old blonde mac last friday. Have been abit naughty and handled her already. She has bitten me 3 times now! Wanted to find out though last night when i was handling her she did something quite strange, wrapped herself around my wrist like a bracelet and then started rubbing herself over the top of my wrist?? Is the usual behaviour?? She can also sit in a very defensive position for a while if she realises that my hands belong to my body lol i am guessing this is normal for such a young one? Thanks :)

most hatchies are a little bitey and devensive, to them everything is a threat.
sometimes they'll rub their head along prey to size it up, sounds like she's sizing you up

hmmm..... it wasn't really her head she was rubbing more her body like crawling forward then backward abit? is that still the same thing? She didn't actually bite me last night which was good and let me pick her up out of the tub just thought it was strange what she was doing.

in combat situations the snakes entwine with each other and the more dominate one will try and push the lesser one down using the head and body ..it was more like a defence threat then a "size you up " ....:)

hmmm..... it wasn't really her head she was rubbing more her body like crawling forward then backward abit? is that still the same thing? She didn't actually bite me last night which was good and let me pick her up out of the tub just thought it was strange what she was doing.

usually their head, well thats all mine over the years have done anyway.
not too sure then, sounds like she's itchy;)
the mental image that pops up in my head is a little hatchie rubbing its belly like a dog does on the grass:lol:

if she's itchy, mites maybe?? or coming up to a shed??
dunno, maybe someone else has come acrross this before.:?

My childrens python was 'rubbing' himself on me this morning I thought it was a bit strange but he is going into shed. Is it possible you little on is going into shed???

hahah yes thats exactly what she looked like a dog rubbing its belly, or doing something abit naughty!! ;) perhaps she is coming up to shed, I dont know when her last one was i will have to keep an eye on her. I do prefer to think she wasn't trying to size me up though!!

And are snakes tending to be hungrier now? Also had my children's out last night, i always hold her every night, and when i put her back she was looking up and my hands as if to say "do you have something for me?" i only fed her monday night and she ate 2!!

5wks old? are you sure its that age? i didnt think bubs were hatching now...

Well i was told that was the date she hatched, and it is written on her little tub 23 August. I was also told by someone else that is a strange date for them to have hatched.

she sure is!! I am hoping though that doesn't take too long for them to become nice and relaxed??

mine's as lot calmer after 2 weeks, only fake strikes now, with the occasional tag

oh good! my other snake is just so lovely i really hope this one ends out the same!! I keep getting told though all hatchies are snappy which makes me feel better. How often did you handle yours for to get it nice and calm? And for how long is a good amount? :)

as baby try for once or a twice a day (when not being fed) for no more than 20 minutes. i find the easiest way is to go about my regular business in the house but have them wrapped around a singlet strap (for them to hang on to)

I take mine out every second day for 10 or so minutes, and they are perfect.. My female is a juvi and has never bitten, doesn't even strike anymore, but my male is still a little snappy (these are bredli though)

Unfortunately i will have to go with once a day, i work in town and get home around 6pm so makes it hard and have sooo many pets to feed lol but i will be trying every night to get her out. That's what I do with my childrens pop her in my top and she curls around my singlet top or bra strap and joins me on my chores. This little one though I haven't been game enough to put her in my top incase when i go to get her out she latches on! The other night i walked her into mums room to show her and she got really angry and struck out at me twice and then bit me! I was thinking maybe she didn't appreciate going for a walk?

The other night i walked her into mums room to show her and she got really angry and struck out at me twice and then bit me! I was thinking maybe she didn't appreciate going for a walk?

Either that or the mother :lol:!

hahah yeah well i got warned this was the last one so maybe she isn't to fond of mum now!! She doesn't seem to like it when other people are around me gets very angry and starts the striking again. However when i sit alone she calms down. This normal? lol i'm full of questions!!

Thought it might be, or the fact that there are 2 large things around her. I will just try and handle her when i am on my own then and hopefully soon she will be nice and quiet!

Do you have many snakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back