Spotted Python help??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool. They are abit addictive. I only got my 1st in June this year and already had to get another. But apparently no more until i move out :(

Hah, my Dad always says "No more animals" but somehow we end up with something.

hahah sounds like my mum and i, we live with other family members and they aren't animal people let alone reptile people! they dont even know about the snakes, she finally cracked and let me get butterscotch (childrens) and then i nagged and nagged and nagged and got bailey :) but she said this time she means it no more!

lol... I am the "mum" and I insisted.. only 1 of those dreadful things, if it gets out I am going to kill it !!! 11 snakes later !!! I have 3 of my own now !! Never too old to learn about new stuff and somehow get addicted !!

well i wish my mum would become addicted!!! wow 11?? your getting quite a collection! do all of yours handle well?

we have lots of pets though 4 horses, 2 cats, 2 indoor rabbits, 2 fish, 4 geckos, 1 bluey and 1 beardy so she said enough is enough lol

i find reptiles very addictive though, i started off with the bluey and then started on a gecko then got another and finally mum gave into the snake and i must say i love her the most out of all of them. just find them so fascinating. but then you start looking at what else you can have, and what colours and it just keeps going!

Most of them handle well... We have a couple of baby Jungles and they can be snappy... errmmm well to be truthfull the male just wants to bite everything thats in sight. He grips onto my fingers and squeezes for all his worth ( so cute) then chomps at anything that moves. I have been bitten by him every time I have handled him..... But it doesnt hurt, and I just laugh at him.... I have been told they grow out of it !!!

hahah cheeky little bugger! by the way i love your Bredli's name, Nutmeg so cute!! Well little Bailey just seems to be so frightened of things. She was crawling up my body the other night and got to about my chest then looked up and realised that she was crawling on me! She had this terrified look on her face and backed away and then sat up in a strike pose for ages! then slowly started to come down and then off she went again. Even last night the sheets on my bed were sticking up and that scared her, she gave it the same kind of look! I presume they are all like this? Oh how old is your baby jungle?

The Jungles are Chris's snakes, I think they are around 45cm long, and he got them in June, I dont actually know how old they are, they are eating pinkie mice so cant be that old.

They must only be young, mine is eating pinky mice. Jungles are a nice snake, but i have heard they can be abit snappy and they get a little bit too big for me. Or for me to hide i should say lol thats why i chose the smaller snakes. Plus i figure the smaller the smaller sized food they eat which is also better for me.

yeah, i handle mine for about 15-20 mins once a day for 5 days a week, as i leave him for 2 days to digest...haven't experienced a shed yet though

i will try and hold her then for roughly that amount of time. what i was doing was just handling her until she was comfortably crawling over my hands and arms without looking scared. then once she does that for a little bit i put her back, end on a good note :) i only got her last friday so i guess it will take her a little while to get used to me. im just impatient!

what kind do you have?

bredli boy, he's 7 months old, had him 2 weeks :D
Just got his future girlfriend this morning, she's an angel, her beautiful temprement makes the male look possessed :p
I love them both, my sister keeps trying to steal my female though :?

oh cute! what is his name? is she older? well my children's is an angel just the nicest little personality never ever tried to hiss at me or strike. i carry her around with me everywhere and she just takes it all. loves crawling up into my hair or she will just curl up in a little ball and i put my hands over her, lol she likes to think she is hiding!

aww, cute! male is called paradox, female is laila...laila's 6 months so she's younger

Cute names! So you wont be putting them 2 together for a while? And your planning to breed them? I like Bredli's think they are beautiful snakes and so many pretty colours. But for me since I have to hide them they are 2 big. hahah i say to Butterscotch now what is going to happen when your a big girl doubt you will fit nice and snug in my top!:)

biting??? now what you need is a big chunk of 4x2 wood...... everytime she bites, smack her across the nose for doing it and yell NO!!! NAUGHTY girl!!!!!! result? no more biting!!! LOL but seriously, good luck with her, sounds like you're really enjoying her!!

Hahhahaha mine is 9 months old and still moody :) doesn't strike anymore, but he rubs against me, then nudges me then..slowly opens his mouth, constricts, latches on.. tries about 8914790 different places then realises he cant swallow my hand and gives up :D
so i dunno if its that kind of rubbing??

hahaha her nose is that tiny i would need a tiny twig!! It would be good if you could smack them and say dont do that again! like other pets. Thanks :) I do really love them and just really want her to end up as nice as my other girl. Would hate to have one that stayed snapp!!

Hahhahaha mine is 9 months old and still moody :) doesn't strike anymore, but he rubs against me, then nudges me then..slowly opens his mouth, constricts, latches on.. tries about 8914790 different places then realises he cant swallow my hand and gives up :D
so i dunno if its that kind of rubbing??

I dont think so because she didn't open her mouth or try to bite. Just curled up around my wrist and yeah was doing like a belly wiggle. So am hoping that means i'm itchy :) hahahah you would think he would give up once he realised he couldn't swallow you!! Is he snappy often though? I am still getting her out with a coat hanger just incase!! And is yours a spotted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back