Steven Irwin Tribute

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RE: Re: RE: Steven Irwin Tribute

AGAMIDAE said:
what did Gemaine Greer say everyone talks about it but i missed it

its kinda what i wrote on the page b4 this one but not exactly i got this info from a second source

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Steven Irwin Tribute

The tribute certainly put a tear in my eye as well. A very sad loss indeed. I am sure his legacy will continue and that he will never be forgotten.

wow what a nasty peice of work

ooohhh thats really harsh, the article about G. Greer. The tribite was very moving, not a dry eye in our house. R.I.P Steve Irwin.
I have never ever been sadened so much by a celebrity's death, not that Steve was really a celebrity, he was a true aussie legend. It'll take time for the reality of it all to sink in.

some people have no respect .

He was a living legend in my eyes and always will be a legend . He was one of if not the greatest aussie icon . he was genuine and straight down the line . other than the fact that he died doing what he love im even more gratefull that he died in the country he loved . the last time i shed a tear for someone famous was slim dusty . its people like slim and stevo that you think will just live forever .

unfortunantly i still cant/dont want to belive that this has happend .

Andrew

Why did they even bother interviewing her, she is a nut case..

Tears in my eyes too, and I think Bindi and Bob will only make the park better, and grow Steve's legacy 10 fold. Look forward to the pair producing doco's too twice the excitement I think it will be.

I agree hat off to Bob Stainton. I saw the interveiw on Larry King Live, poor bugger was in tears. Really loved him and must be so hard to take.

Happy herping in heaven Steve!

Look, i had a beer or few for Steve... But i know that by bringing my reptile/snake up in the correct environment, and teaching others to do so, Steve's knoledge will grow on... A legend such as Steve should be made the true hero he was... :crocodile hunter: Legnend of Australia! The "true Crocodile dundee"... Paul Hogan can't refuse no???

Yeh I was misty as well and so was the missus. Was a really nice tribute.

That bloody germain greer is a has-been and is just trying to put herself on the map again. She hasn't lived in Australia for 30 years so she has no idea and no right to comment. Moron. :evil: She's just a a man hater.

That Greer woman can go f*^% herself in my humble opinion.
I'm still in tears, haven't stopped since monday. i printed and laminated a whole heap of those little turtles and took them to my eldest's school yesterday for her to pass out to her class.
the tribute made me bawl like a baby, such a huge loss to the animals of the world.....
And to the nay-sayers who say things like "why didn't you donate last week, no one carerd a week ago" the answer is very simple,,,,,,,, You don't know what you have untill it's gone!

very true and thats what really hit home this week...you just dont realize what you have until its gone.....only the good die young and ****heads like Greer hang around to.....gunna stop here...

There would only be 1 nay-sayer that tells it how it is.
The wildlife the donation goes towards has not gone, it is Steve that has gone :p As I said good to see every1 suddenly find high morals, now go to http://www.aftcra.org.au/ and donate towards saving the mary river turtle if conservation is so important to you all. Beats saving exotic animals worldwide most of which are not endangered like our own turtle species.

I unfortunatly missed both tributes. I'd give the world to see one of them. TYhe man has been an Idol and a huge inspiration to me for many years.

Seeing Steve's passion, enthusiasm and love for this natural world was like taking a breath of fresh air.

The man may be gone but he'll always live in the heart of Australia.

Lucas, i have taped all tributes so far, and will continue to do so ,,,,, a friend will then put them to disk for me, and i can send you a copy of the disk if you wish.
PM me your details.
J&C you are right about our own endangered animals, and i'm sure all wildlife organisiations will be more recognised now, people will naturally want to help more now, if only to keep his spirit alive by supporting what he lived for,,,, our wildlife.

I also missed both of the tributes, and no doubt had I watched them I would have cried.

At the moment we are trying to keep our 13 year old son distracted and away from the news as he is very upset as he always wanted to be like Steve and has a passion for animals, which is why we have 2 dogs, a cat, tropical fish, a turtle, 5 pythons. Not to mention the family of water Dragons that roam wild around our pool. He wants to be a Park Ranger and fortunately is doing very well at school so he can go to University when he finishes school and follow his passion.

This is due to people like Steve Irwin reaching out and touching Children and his passion rubs off for future generations. Unlike the negative people like Germaine Greer who does not inspire anybody.

Steve has gone, but he will live on in the hearts of millions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back