Stimulus payment info

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you for being rich flacon boy....

I'm in no way rich:evil: Our household earns a half decent income but nothing huge, and WORK HARD for it. And then get a kick in the guts from the government while we sit back and see hand outs after hand outs - for instance like the baby bonus so some trashy single mothers can buy Plasma TV's that WE worked hard for. Note: Not all mothers are in that category of course, but I think you see my point.

I'm in no way rich:evil: Our household earns a half decent income but nothing huge, and WORK HARD for it. And then get a kick in the guts from the government while we sit back and see hand outs after hand outs - for instance like the baby bonus so some trashy single mothers can buy Plasma TV's that WE worked hard for. Note: Not all mothers are in that category of course, but I think you see my point.

such is life.....

Exactly. Lower income earners seem to forget its the higher income earners that have been funding governments, and its handouts the lower/non income earners for years. They also seem to think higher income earners just sit in an office in a suit and do nothing for the money they earn - they don't seem to realise its often a lot of hard work, long hours and STRESS - not to mention the hard, long slog the climb was to get there in the first place. Sometimes a little thanks would be nice rather than implying those who work hard for it don't deserve any sort of 'bonus'. :rolleyes:

I will also mention higher income earners often have higher rates of debt and in the hard economic times can feel it a lot harder than the little guy because of this - in particular when interest rates rise. Put it this way, why should the higher income earners risk loosing their homes any more than the lower income earners?

Yeah that's exactly what I think falcon. After house loans and crashed stocks, 900 bucks is still 900 bucks that I could use just as much as someone who doesn't have a mortgage or even rent. You're right about lower income earners not understanding that everyone lives within their means. you make more money you're going to buy a better house and car, invest etc so at the end of the day your disposable cash is about the same as everyone else.

Thanks for the reply caustichumor. i started my apprenticeship this year so looks like no money for me. alwell!

OOH someones been bad lol.
$900 plus a 4% pay rise back dated from july last year.Cant go wrong with buying new snakes unless there smuggled in from overseas lol.But have rego soon and my 4x4 needs new tyres.

:oops::lol: haha yeah.. but ive definately learnt my lesson.. ive lost my licence and my parents arent going to drive me around (fair enough i dont expect them to either)..

so ill ride it out untill i get it back and it will be all good :) hopefully :shock: im never going over the speed limit again lol...

Nat ;) x

[/quote]so ill ride it out untill i get it back and it will be all good :) hopefully :shock: im never going over the speed limit again lol...

Nat ;) x[/quote]

hehe thats what I said the first time too ;)

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, for those of you who won't receive the payment and aren't happy about the "great tax dollar giveaway"....what would you have spent it on?

Just out of curiosity, for those of you who won't receive the payment and aren't happy about the "great tax dollar giveaway"....what would you have spent it on?

probably a payment on their brand new merc lol

Well my wife has been asking for a convertible so she can work on her suntan whilst driving the kids to school. Cant decide between the 125i and the CLK 200. The $900 could go towards a few extra factory options, or maybe I'll just spend it on hookers :D

The same thing as those who are getting the payments - credit cards, bills or maybe even some splurging.

The same thing as those who are getting the payments - credit cards, bills or maybe even some splurging.

Exactly, I know ours would be going straight on the mortgage.

Are these payments worked out for each person as an individual or as a family unit if theres a couple? If its as individuals, we may still get one payment which would be nice.

yeah the same as the people who get it.... bills or something fun. I've got 38k worth of repayments on my houses per year, so it's not like I've got money to splurge.

Yeah that's exactly what I think falcon. After house loans and crashed stocks, 900 bucks is still 900 bucks that I could use just as much as someone who doesn't have a mortgage or even rent. You're right about lower income earners not understanding that everyone lives within their means. you make more money you're going to buy a better house and car, invest etc so at the end of the day your disposable cash is about the same as everyone else.

Ttttttt...you guys have got your arguments allll wrong. Your using logic!
When someone basis their beliefs/thoughts on emotion, logic rarely wins.
Theres no way around the tall poppy syndrome....except......more monnnnnneeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy for the poooor and bigggger taxes on the rich......;)

Realistically.... all those unhappy with your income....get used to it, as no matter how much dollars you earn (yes even $250 000 000 000) it will NEVER be enough. You will ALWAYS WANT MOOOOOOOOOOOOORE.
Better to be content with what youve got.

Exactly. Lower income earners seem to forget its the higher income earners that have been funding governments, and its handouts the lower/non income earners for years. They also seem to think higher income earners just sit in an office in a suit and do nothing for the money they earn - they don't seem to realise its often a lot of hard work, long hours and STRESS - not to mention the hard, long slog the climb was to get there in the first place. Sometimes a little thanks would be nice rather than implying those who work hard for it don't deserve any sort of 'bonus'. :rolleyes:

I will also mention higher income earners often have higher rates of debt and in the hard economic times can feel it a lot harder than the little guy because of this - in particular when interest rates rise. Put it this way, why should the higher income earners risk loosing their homes any more than the lower income earners?

Ok well if we're making sweeping generalisations I'll have a go too.

So you work hard. So what? There are people who work two menial labour shift jobs and still barely break even. They work hard for long hours and are under alot of stress, and they don't eventually get ahead. It's not about how hard you work, nobody cares about that. It's about your income.

I don't see how high earners deserve a handout as much as lower earners. It's because lower earners don't have as much means to put back into the economy that they are getting the hand out in the first place isn't it? The little guy comes out with $1 profit at the end of the month, the better off guy comes out with $100. Who should get the help from the government? Hmmmm...
Sure higher income earners have greater debt but I don't see why they should be rewarded for choosing to take bigger financial risks.

My kids are each getting $1,000 into one of the local geared share funds. So much for putting it back into the economy? And damn, with only a fraction of the amount they are giving us we could have had a rail line to Windsor, and upgrade of the Pacific Highway in northern NSW, another bridge over the Hawkesbury River, a desalination plant in Bundaberg so we dont need the Traviston Dam, our broadband network that we were promised, some hospital and school building repairs (or even just pay some hispital bills). Not only would that force the money back into the Australian Economy but it might even create some jobs.

Sorry if I have not been able to offer up some infratructure projuects in other parts of the country but I am certain they are needed.

Luckily Peter, all kids havn't got such damm responsible parents advising them ,and so many will spend the money having an instant effect on the ecomomy. My observation of infrustructure projects is that the money keeps consultants going but seldom seems to produce the infristuctrure on the ground without years of leadtime. Hopefully the consultants will spend their money instead of putting it into super.

LOL Wokka ... sooo true!

consulting-poster.jpg

(from Think Geek)

Ok well if we're making sweeping generalisations I'll have a go too.

So you work hard. So what? There are people who work two menial labour shift jobs and still barely break even. They work hard for long hours and are under alot of stress, and they don't eventually get ahead. It's not about how hard you work, nobody cares about that. It's about your income.

I don't see how high earners deserve a handout as much as lower earners. It's because lower earners don't have as much means to put back into the economy that they are getting the hand out in the first place isn't it? The little guy comes out with $1 profit at the end of the month, the better off guy comes out with $100. Who should get the help from the government? Hmmmm...
Sure higher income earners have greater debt but I don't see why they should be rewarded for choosing to take bigger financial risks.

If you chose to seek a low paying profession thats your choice.. High paying proffesions aren't luck they're the result of hard work and climbing tall ladders... In australia we all have to oppertunity to be educated and make something of ourselves.. We even have HEX which means we can pay our uni fee's later in life.... Many of the millionaires I know came from blue collar families or poor families... The choices we make determine the kind of lives we live.. (think that was on a movie ;) )

I heard some people are getting 2grand tomorrow ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back