Stimulus payment info

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you chose to seek a low paying profession thats your choice.. High paying proffesions aren't luck they're the result of hard work and climbing tall ladders... In australia we all have to oppertunity to be educated and make something of ourselves.. We even have HEX which means we can pay our uni fee's later in life.... Many of the millionaires I know came from blue collar families or poor families... The choices we make determine the kind of lives we live.. (think that was on a movie ;) )

We're about to get too off topic, but if you actually believe that everyone here is born equal and with the same choices then you're sorely mistaken. You actually think people make a conscious decision to be low income earners? Like there's a red and a blue pill you can take, one will put you on the path to riches and the other will keep you earning under 50k a year? Please show me where I said luck had anything to do with one's income.
I come from a family of high earners so I know how hard one has to work to become better off and of course people can work out of negative circumstances, but this is a very multifaceted issue and to say it's merely a person's choice to be poor or rich is very ignorant indeed.
BTW there's more to university fees than HECS.

Stimulus Payment Info.

We need to keep that money here in Australia . You can keep the money in Australia by spending it at garage sales, going to a cricket match or footy game, or spend it on prostitutes, beer and wine (domestic ONLY), or tattoos, since those are the only businesses that may still be owned by Aussies.

Woohoo $950, no more VBs and truck stop Hos for me, I'm havin it large, crown lager and an actual brothel from now on.

sweet, i will get my sleeve finished and maybe a neck tattoo..break dancin, break dancin..

YAY off to pick up our new male spotted on Monday!!!!! all thanks to the Australian government....... all we can say is THANKS :D:D:D

If all the junkies that normally buy that damn "imported" heroin gave some locally manufactured amphetamines a try with their "stimulus" payment then Australia would be a better place.....

We even have HEX which means we can pay our uni fee's later in life.... Many of the millionaires I know came from blue collar families or poor families... The choices we make determine the kind of lives we live.. (think that was on a movie ;) )
hahaha hex is a joke you cant live on hex and so lots cant do university
if you actually go to university you put up with years of geting screwed
centrelink says i havnt earnt enough to get money for living expenses
(hex is dead they call it something else now)

imo this money should go towards lowering tafe and university fees and a loan system to give people seeking a higher education past year 12 ,money for living expenses/text books etc aswell so more people can go to university so most workers will be qualified and not easily replacable =job security

althought im a bias university student:lol:

my money is going towards a new cheaper python maybe a spotted or childrens
as i need to keep most of it for next semesters textbooks...

hahaha hex is a joke you cant live on hex and so lots cant do university
if you actually go to university you put up with years of geting screwed
centrelink says i havnt earnt enough to get money for living expenses
(hex is dead they call it something else now)

imo this money should go towards lowering tafe and university fees and a loan system to give people seeking a higher education past year 12 ,money for living expenses/text books etc aswell so more people can go to university so most workers will be qualified and not easily replacable =job security

althought im a bias university student:lol:

my money is going towards a new cheaper python maybe a spotted or childrens
as i need to keep most of it for next semesters textbooks...

touche.

im a uni student and currently get $371 a fortnight.. and am only allowed to earn an extra 200 a fortnight otherwise my 371 is affected..
how am i supposed to live on less than 300 a week?
anywho.. i hate centrelink :D

freeeeee monies!

Woohoo! I just got almost 2 grand delivered to my bank account. $1500 has gone straight onto my credit card and $320 for 2 tickets to the Air Show. We were going to get the crappy $50 tickets but thanks to the generosity of my fellow Australian tax-payers, my daughter and I will have a seat all day and a souvenir cap!

touche.

im a uni student and currently get $371 a fortnight.. and am only allowed to earn an extra 200 a fortnight otherwise my 371 is affected..

freeeeee monies!

Poor bugger.
Try having a Mr's, 2 kids & 1 due any day now, rent & bills to pay and no dole or constant work available. I just started my own business and I expect it will take awhile yet + alot more advertising before I get any continuous work.

So if you see any really really cheap albino olives for sale, it is me trying to rip you guys off so I can feed the kids lol (Kidding of course)

touche.

freeeeee monies!

Be thankful you get any government help I'd take any money they gave me. I'm at uni and I have to work for my $100 a week to live off.
I knew I shoulda just dropped out of school and had a few kids >.<

You wont have $$$ by having kids trust me. They cost HEAPS
I sometimes wish I had of settled for an affectionate pet like a turtle lol

touche.

freeeeee monies!

Thats basically what I'm saying.. I did it hard to begin with knowing it will pay off in the future. I was always told hard work at the start pays off at the end... I started off as an apprentice on 7 bucks an hour... and it's been a long road to make over 100k (which isn't much these days as most ppl will tell you) I agree with whoever that was that said we're no all born equal. But I still think that you're incontrol of your own future. If I wasn't making enough money I'd look at jobs that are paying the kind of money I want and set about achieving that goal.. At present I'd like to be earning at least 20k more.. So I'm back at night school twice a week which isn't that fun ontop of a 60hr week..... For the young ones not to be thinking about what subjects and career will generate the kind of income you desire is just plain stupidity. Sure I'd like to have been a zoologist, but there was no money in it and I chose money over job satifaction to some degree...
I'm not so worried about the 900 as of today... My Riotinto redundancy ended up being $17,850 :) Which included my 10% bonus that I was owed for this financial year.... And now I've started a new job as a contractor back at the same place... YAY!!!! Only I have to work instead of playing on APS chat now :(
I

Be thankful you get any government help I'd take any money they gave me. I'm at uni and I have to work for my $100 a week to live off.
I knew I shoulda just dropped out of school and had a few kids >.<

Having fun with the sweeping generalisations again? ;) :lol: I wouldn't mind the government help with studying myself....but I don't qualify either. When I hear people in all sorts of different financial situations saying the same thing I have to wonder if it's really possible to qualify for Austudy or if it's the Centrelink version of Leprechaun's gold.

100k isn't that much And most my peers make more than me.. I'm just an electrical drafter..... I just want back some of my tax money after all..
PS I'm old it's not like I'm some kid starting my career so I can understand the under 30's needing the money.....

No offense but $100k is a lot!!! I've been teaching for almost 19 years. I have a diploma of teaching, a Bachelor degree and a Masters degree and I barely crack $70 000. If you earn just above 100k that's $30 000 grand more a year. For 10 years 300k that IS a lot of $$$$$.

I am excited for the first time ever I am getting some of my tax dollars back - yippee!!!

touche.

freeeeee monies!

I am a uni student and centrelink refuses to give me anything so I work, most of the time I get paid less than 300 a week because with uni I can only work so much. So suck it up....you do nothing for that 371 a fortnight when other students are working for all their money.

I am a uni student and centrelink refuses to give me anything so I work, most of the time I get paid less than 300 a week because with uni I can only work so much. So suck it up....you do nothing for that 371 a fortnight when other students are working for all their money.

i do tafe study, to help me work in a zoo.. only thing is, i need to be in the zoo to do the course. (which they dont allow volunteers anymore so i just scraped through thankgoodness!)

so its:

Mon- The zoo
(not paid at all for this day, and i have to travel an hour to get there, 1/2 there and 1/2 back.. depending on traffic, sometimes its longer, so thats petrol money).

Tues- a shift at bunnings 5hours or less (that i am a casual, they recently implemented a rule that casuals dont get shifts over 5 hours.. that makes me REALLY sad..).

Wed- The zoo.

Thurs- Day off, however that usually involves cleaning enclosures and the house, and going out getting everything i need for that week, eg food if there is none, snake food, turtle food, etc etc etc.

Fri- Shift at bunnings 5hours or less.

Sat- Day off to do nothing.

Sun- shift at bunnings 5hours or less.

Now if i get all the shifts i need, i earn about 400-460 a fortnight. 60-70 is taken out for petrol, some put into savings for a new car that i need as myne is falling apart... my car insurance, and the rest for lunch and whatnot.

BUT bunnings hardly gives me the shifts i need. most of the time i get only 1 or 2 shifts a week, giving me only 300 or so at the end of 2 weeks... which after using the money on petrol and lunch and other necessaties, it gives me nothing to put into my savings, so i wont get my car for a very very long time..
also sometimes its lower then that even, if i only get one shift a week.

im currently looking for a new job that will hopefully give me three 8-9hour shifts a week. Then i will be ok until i get my paid job in the zoo :)

thats my story.. and this stimulus will help me scrape through after paying my fine i received, and hopefully put SOME money into my savings account for my car..

Nat ;) x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back