Stolen Pygmy Stimsons - Last night

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that sucks heaps :(
when i get my billion dollar house, all the windows are going to be taipan and death adder tanks so if people try to break in theyll get more than what they asked for ;)

that sucks heaps :(
when i get my billion dollar house, all the windows are going to be taipan and death adder tanks so if people try to break in theyll get more than what they asked for ;)

I getting some Velociraptors shipped in from Jurassic Park :p

i hope you get them back!
and if they try to break in again like that the electric garage door goes down faster and slices their head off there body.. hehe

No they weren't. I didnt realise you could microchip reptiles.

You can - it might not necessarily be a good idea. That's a whole other debate. Your pygmies were probably too small for it anyway.

You can - it might not necessarily be a good idea. That's a whole other debate. Your pygmies were probably too small for it anyway.

For what other reasons do you think it is not a good idea???

I agree, if they are "too small", but at what size do you say is too small????

For what other reasons do you think it is not a good idea???

It's more like, what is the point to it? Microchip serves zero purpose when it's of no use unless you actually find the animals. The chances of finding the person who did it are slim, let alone tracking down where the animals have gone once likely being sold on. Even then i'm sure if you know what you're doing, a microchip could be easily found and removed.

My house is secure but I left to drive some friends home at around 3.45am and they were there when i left then came home at about 4.30am and they had gone. Nothing else was taken so that makes it appear that they were targetted but the house across the road also got broken into and a handbag stolen, that was found down the other side of my house.

A thought is that theyve come in whilst the garage door was shutting given that its an electric door. Very scary if its targetted because that would mean they've been watching me and not just a coinsidence that the thieves were in the area.

I think it sounds a little sus. If nothing esle was taken then IMO they were the target. So saying that, no one is going to wait around in the cold, just waiting for a chance, a slight chance that maybe you go out at 4am.
Did your neighbours know you had them? and if so, have they shown interest in them?
My way of thinking is that they saw you leave, broke in and took the snakes, then planted the handbag as an alibi.

Thats just my way of thinking, they may not be involved, but I wouldnt dismiss them.

It's more like, what is the point to it? Microchip serves zero purpose when it's of no use unless you actually find the animals. The chances of finding the person who did it are slim, let alone tracking down where the animals have gone once likely being sold on. Even then i'm sure if you know what you're doing, a microchip could be easily found and removed.

Fair comment....So why is it a legal requirement in some states to have domesticated pets (cats/dogs) microchipped??

It would appear that there was more than just our break ins last night. 5 break ins were reported in my area. And the handbag that was stolen the theif went over there back fence that lead them onto my street. Might just be a coincidence that I left as they were in my street.

I havent ruled out the neighbours or someone I know buy a long shot. You just never know who to trust.

Thanks for everyones support it means so much to me

Fair comment....So why is it a legal requirement in some states to have domesticated pets (cats/dogs) microchipped??

Because they escape and run away! Then you can be contacted by the vet or the pound to come and collect your animal. If someone was to STEAL your dog or cat a microchip is still going to mean nothing like it would with a stolen snake, unless the animal escapes from the thief and ends up at the vet or pound. How many people are going to find a snake and say "Oh I might just take this snake I found down to the local vet and see if it has a microchip". How many people are going to STEAL a snake and say "Oh I might just take this down to the local vet and see if it has a microchip". Haha!

It could be useful if you found the person and needed evidence to show police that it was your snake. Although they probably wouldn't have your snakes on license so that is another way of showing they were stolen.

Last edited:
That's terrible mate. Its a shame that the hobby has this happening more and more. i have just spent 8k on a security system for my facility. i find it insane that i have to spend that kind of money to protect what is already mine!

I feel sooooo sorry for you!
Don't you wish there was reptile insurance, like on the other thread!

l'm sorry to hear that you have had your Stimson Pythons stolen from your home, l hope they both are found and returned to your home in the same condition as they were before they were stolen ASAP.

lts a shame that as the interest in Reptile keeping continues to grow that more and more thefts and breakings a happening these days, l hope this does not put people of from wanting to continue their hobby or passion with Reptile keeping and breeding.

If any chip should be put in I believe a tracking chip would be of more use

BTW, can one insure the reptiles? As in theft insurance

It's just terrible losing your pets to these lowlifes. I cannot imagine what I'd feel towards anyone who stole my pets. I wouldn't be happy, that's for sure. I would report them if I knew who they were. They need to be taught that taking what doesn't belong to them will bring negative consequences. I'd suggest a huge fine, maybe a few thousand, would be enough to deter them from ever doing it again. If that didn't work, then maybe some time in the clink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back