Stolen Pygmy Stimsons - Last night

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As Bryce said its a pain having to spend heaps of coin to keep what you already own, but at the end of the day locks only stop honest people. If someone wants in they will get in.

Sorry for your loss
Just curious are Pygmy Stimsons the same species as normal Stimsons or is it another name for Pygmy pythons?

Last edited:
not sure if any one has mentioned this yet, but maby get in touch with the local pet shops and see if any one have tryed to sell them snakes recently, and maby get them to contact you if anything turns up? , i assume you have spoken to th police already about this matter.

Are they microchiped or have distinguishing features because that may be able to help.
Our local reptile park had a carpet python stolen and they know who did it to but the police wouldn't go to the house because the snake was stolen from a licenced snake owner by a licenced snake owner (or sum other excuse) so they didn't do anything and the snake has been sold on.

Sorry to hear that it happened to you. I just wanted to share this story bcoz the owner was upset and it realy annoyed me that the police did nothing.

Hi Everyone! I cant say Thank you enough for the support I am recieving. Its really helping me deal with this. I have reported to the police and they have dusted for prints but nothing has returned. I will be contacting the petshops etc in the morning. They were in black tubs with a clear slide top if that helps. Worst thing is that I has just put in an order for a custom made double enclosure. Which i obviously wont be needing now but wish id already had it. :-( Still get upset when i look at the cabinet they were on and the empty space there.

For what other reasons do you think it is not a good idea???

I agree, if they are "too small", but at what size do you say is too small????

What I know about microchipping is based on threads I've read on this site and I'm no expert. But what I've read is enough to make me think twice about it.

To answer your first question: In a snake a microchip is visible, which not only looks bad but makes it pretty useless for theft prevention. Chips can migrate within the body from the original implantation site. Infections can occur if badly inserted. They don't necessarily translate very well from cats and dogs to reptiles.

Second question: I think there's a recommended minimum size for microchip implantation. I can't remember what it is and I can't find it right now. But it makes common sense.

Hope that helps. If you're thinking about microchipping, do a bit of research and make up your own mind. :)

Are they microchiped or have distinguishing features because that may be able to help.
Our local reptile park had a carpet python stolen and they know who did it to but the police wouldn't go to the house because the snake was stolen from a licenced snake owner by a licenced snake owner (or sum other excuse) so they didn't do anything and the snake has been sold on.

Sorry to hear that it happened to you. I just wanted to share this story bcoz the owner was upset and it realy annoyed me that the police did nothing.

They dont really have any distingishing features. The girl is smaller and lighter than the male thats about all. Ill try and get some photos uploaded soon. The police didnt seem to concerned think it was more like why would you have a snake in the first place kind of thing. Very fustrating!!

They dont really have any distingishing features. The girl is smaller and lighter than the male thats about all. Ill try and get some photos uploaded soon. The police didnt seem to concerned think it was more like why would you have a snake in the first place kind of thing. Very fustrating!!

The police are freakin' useless sometimes. Such a shame they couldn't get prints, but you don't need that kind of attitude from them as well. Have they been to the other places that got robbed? Maybe they can get something from there.

thats stupid,
just say a million dollar ring was stolen aswell then they will jump onto the case lol

hay I havent read each page so it may have been previously stated but where in wollongong are you ??

I know alot of people , thought I might put an add up on my facebook saying Im after 2 stimmies ...but if I know exactly where I can throw afew inboxes out too..

sorry to hear.but was that the pair u got from me a few months back

hay I havent read each page so it may have been previously stated but where in wollongong are you ??

I know alot of people , thought I might put an add up on my facebook saying Im after 2 stimmies ...

Unless they frequent this site then they will know not to reply. But in my experience theives can be very stupid and greedy, so you never know yor luck.

I think it sounds a little sus. If nothing esle was taken then IMO they were the target. So saying that, no one is going to wait around in the cold, just waiting for a chance, a slight chance that maybe you go out at 4am.
Did your neighbours know you had them? and if so, have they shown interest in them?
My way of thinking is that they saw you leave, broke in and took the snakes, then planted the handbag as an alibi.

Thats just my way of thinking, they may not be involved, but I wouldnt dismiss them.

I think you might be onto something there !

Im in Corrimal and yes Chondros it is the pair I got from u. The girl remained a lil snappy and the male was so placid.... everyone loved him! I named them Jack and Jill! LOL!

Unless they frequent this site then they will know not to reply. But in my experience theives can be very stupid and greedy, so you never know yor luck.

I know alot of different kinds of people and not many ignore me or say no .. Always been a little lucky that way..;)

Im in Corrimal and yes Chondros it is the pair I got from u. The girl remained a lil snappy and the male was so placid.... everyone loved him! I named them Jack and Jill! LOL!

Bellambi side or towradgi ??

I know alot of different kinds of people and not many ignore me or say no .. Always been a little lucky that way..;)

Bellambi side or towradgi ??

HA! cool, maybe you can make it a business. Reptile detective and knee cappings.

and have you re-thought the neighbours did it idea ??? I just text afew of the girls , they live in f.meadow , corrimal and bellambi and theyre onto it ... Everyone hates a theif !

HA! cool, maybe you can make it a business. Reptile detective and knee cappings.

Thats idea , not sure how to add that to my business name though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back