Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pygopus are an awesome, very cool. They dont usually come too cheaply but not too bad I think the last Pygopus I saw was $250, cant remember which species though.

Hey,

I'm hopefully getting a new reptile enclosure it's a bank of four 2-3ft wide enclosures by the looks of the picture.
I'm just wondering what I could get to put in there open to all suggestions but it has to be able to live in there at adult size.

thanks in advance :)

Any python will do well in that for a while but if you cannot upgrade the size I would be crossing the BHP, diamond, olive off your list. They are slow growing but eventually will need a larger enclosure. GTP would do good. They don't grow as large as other pythons. A jungle python may also do well in a tank that size, they don't grow as big as your BHP or olives.

I can only comment on a couple of the lizzies there - ackie's would love that enclosure. Eventually they'll need a bit bigger but that would be years down the track, and it is so much fun watching them dart around. You know you can get mini monitors? I can't remember their correct names ... hahaha ... but they are really small like geckos and would give you the same entertainment as any other monitor. Lacies yeah you know about them. Good rule of thumb with lizards is to know how big they are as adults. If they have room to swing round in circles without hitting their tails against the walls, your enclosure should be good enough, so long as you can meet ALL their requirements - temperature gradients adequate and enough room to provide an environment they need with hides, logs, branches etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back