Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ad

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I ve just noticed these season's womas are being offered up for close to $5000 for a hatchling pair. Beautiful Tanami Form.

Last season, Green Tree Pythons were $5000.

If you had a spare $5000 land in your hot little hands tomorrow,
Which way would you go!

Which would be the better investment?

Gtps $5000 each not a pair womas were round the $2000 so only gone up a lil bit.I would go womas 1st b4 gtps as its a lil bit easier care.

hows about a few pair of ecelectus parrots instead or mabey some quakers or some perenties

Since when did keeping reptiles become an investment portfolio...
:)
I hope people keep these animals for a little more than money

I'd definatly go womas,

Bendragon there are very few people (if any) that only keep repitles for money, If you can make some money on the side from doing something you love you'd have to be an idiot not to.

I agree, but buying an animal solely on its offsprings resale value...then you get into the lands of selling the adults as "breeding only" i.e not handled.
I too would get Womas, to many drawbacks for owning a GTP

hear hear afro, who wants a stunted snappy snotty coloured snake who's tail falls off if ya poke it :p :p ;P :p

dont shoot the messenger

Not over rated Africa just over priced mate, well there not over rated to me but i'm an aspidites nut :)

Well...I heard GTP's will be $1000 in three years time....
So I would put the 5 grand in the bank and earn some interest and then buy 5 GTP's in 3 years time!
I am not sure how reliable my source is though.

hmmm about 1k is absolute MAX I'd spend on GTP's I mean to me all they are is green carpet pythons

lol greebo, I wouldnt trust that source - sounds pretty dodgy! lol

I find humour in the anti gtp debate, they are the most stunning pythons we have.
maybe as they do become more affordable people will come out of the closet.(I think a lot of people would not have even seen one),
I like womas but to me a good jungle or bredli or blackhead or nt carpet can look as good if not better. A gtp is a class above them all IMO.
Cheers
Ad (rattlin the cage a bit more! :wink: )

gtps can't be to overated cause everyone that breeds them sells them bloody fast.
$1000 in 3yrs tell him he's dreamin.
I agree ad it's funny to see some so called snake lovers that almost totally despise gtps and i can't help but think "they hate them cause their so expensive".
It's probably also ture that alot of anti gtp people haven't seen one except from behind glass.

Gtp and woma they look nice I like all snakes exept snappy ones i still would rather pay 400 dollars for an adult pair of water pythons from snakes nt 400 dollars is like heaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back