Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell you what, if you wanna sell that male, gimme a hoy. I'd be more then happy to have him ;)

As I've already said, they're just jungles until it proves genetic. Then I'll consider calling them hypo. I'll be keen to see em at 2 - 3 year old.

Joel,
The purpose of this thread is to get the opinions of the people in the hobby as to what they think these animals could turn out like for my curiosity alone. Nothing else!

I purchased these animals as "hypo jungles" and am excited albeit apprehensive of the development and outcome of them now nearing yearlings! Wouldn't you for an animal that cost you $1500? Come on mate....don't be fooled by all you here, you don't know me at all...
Sure, the homework was done and please don't insinuate or assume that it wasn't, yes, I agree buyer beware, so what are you saying there Joel...is the buyer has to be aware of people selling animals that they are not? In the Business world my friend, that is False Advertising and punishable by the law!
Joel, I know you are in Zacs corner and good on you, that's commendable, but I asked you if you had "jagish" looking animals in my PM as I am a collector of good specimens, whether they are jungles or Coastals....correct me if I am wrong. That at the time, was the type of animal I was looking for. I again spent $5K from Zac for animals of that description....hold on it was $10K last season alone with the rest of the animals I purchased!!! My hard earned cash champ!
Agree with turtle or not, he thinks they are Coastals....go figure, they were sold to me as "hypo" jungles...so don't quote someone who is disagreeing with my original knowledge of these animals being Jungles...LMAO. whatever!!!!
Take it up with the breeder...already done mate, do your resaearch instead of being some ill-inforned puppet who has been (assumed) asked to make a post! Honestly, this is laughable and please don't try and undermine my integrity by getting involved with something that only Zac and I are privy to.l!
Mate, $10K on animals off ONE breeder alone in 3 months, is pretty comendable in my books!

Hi Scott,

What is the whole purpose of this thread? Be honest:)

You bought them animals on the first place and now asking questions?

You should have done your homework before purchasing that would have save you a lot of sarcasm.Heard of saying buyers beware.

I actually remember you before you change your user name, sending me PM and emails asking me to sell you animals, remember you even mentioned you don't care what they are even if they are crosses long as they looked good. now hypo or not you got a good looking snakes:)

I agree with turtle that this thread is one of the worst ever.

You have a problem with your animals take it on to the breeder, but hey be fair.

Regards,

Joel

And just a note, I always said Zac's animals are up there with the best, check my previous posts and ask other members who have asked me previously about them! The thread was not about slagging Zac, it was about opinions...

I got a male from the same breeder, I think he shares the same Dad (Dad was Tully locale from R.Lester) as yours but had a different Mum?

I bought him to breed with my beautiful R.Lester Tully girl Lilly. I think they will make a good pair eventually.

:)

Here's Lilly

A recent pic taken last month
Dsc_0228-2.jpg

and an older pic
Lilly2.jpg

Here's my boy when he was a nipper
newboy09-06-08-1.jpg

And pics taken last month
Dsc_0435.jpg

Dsc_0439.jpg

DSC_0440-3.jpg

Joel,
The purpose of this thread is to get the opinions of the people in the hobby as to what they think these animals could turn out like for my curiosity alone. Nothing else!

I purchased these animals as "hypo jungles" and am excited albeit apprehensive of the development and outcome of them now nearing yearlings! Wouldn't you for an animal that cost you $1500? Come on mate....don't be fooled by all you here, you don't know me at all...
Sure, the homework was done and please don't insinuate or assume that it wasn't, yes, I agree buyer beware, so what are you saying there Joel...is the buyer has to be aware of people selling animals that they are not? In the Business world my friend, that is False Advertising and punishable by the law!
Joel, I know you are in Zacs corner and good on you, that's commendable, but I asked you if you had "jagish" looking animals in my PM as I am a collector of good specimens, whether they are jungles or Coastals....correct me if I am wrong. That at the time, was the type of animal I was looking for. I again spent $5K from Zac for animals of that description....hold on it was $10K last season alone with the rest of the animals I purchased!!! My hard earned cash champ!
Agree with turtle or not, he thinks they are Coastals....go figure, they were sold to me as "hypo" jungles...so don't quote someone who is disagreeing with my original knowledge of these animals being Jungles...LMAO. whatever!!!!
Take it up with the breeder...already done mate, do your resaearch instead of being some ill-inforned puppet who has been (assumed) asked to make a post! Honestly, this is laughable and please don't try and undermine my integrity by getting involved with something that only Zac and I are privy to.l!
Mate, $10K on animals off ONE breeder alone in 3 months, is pretty comendable in my books!

Hi Scott,

I am not undermining your integrity at all.

Your previous post stating that this is probably the most expensive athertons you bought and also asking someone if they think the breeder would sell coastals as jungles is a silly question to ask. a good sign that you are not a happy boy.

I'm no ill-informed puppet either and no-one dictates to me to make a post or not.

And again not my business how much you spend on breeders , your money your business.

If this is something private between you and Zac why put it on a forum?

regards,

Joel

Joel,
I do not have a beef with you or anyone for that matter.
I have ALWAYS respected you and your input into this hobby and have as you say, enquired about your animals as everyone knows..top notch!
If you read the posts...there is another very well respected breeder who says he has seen animals like this turn in to Atherton looking animals! My comment was a tongue in cheek comment "well they would be the most expensive Atherton looking animals ever purchased".
A joke mate...don't insinuate, read the context of the post!
Again, you are a smart person, look at the thread title and please don't make a mountain out of a mole hill and bore everyone with the politics of keeping herps..it's ridiculous and immature and the thread was started to get peoples opinions on an animal...it's the reason we are here to share opinions...isn't it?

Hi Scott,

I am not undermining your integrity at all.

Your previous post stating that this is probably the most expensive athertons you bought and also asking someone if they think the breeder would sell coastals as jungles is a silly question to ask. a good sign that you are not a happy boy.

I'm no ill-informed puppet either and no-one dictates to me to make a post or not.

And again not my business how much you spend on breeders , your money your business.

If this is something private between you and Zac why put it on a forum?

regards,

Joel

Joel,
I do not have a beef with you or anyone for that matter.
I have ALWAYS respected you and your input into this hobby and have as you say, enquired about your animals as everyone knows..top notch!
If you read the posts...there is another very well respected breeder who says he has seen animals like this turn in to Atherton looking animals! My comment was a tongue in cheek comment "well they would be the most expensive Atherton looking animals ever purchased".
A joke mate...don't insinuate, read the context of the post!
Again, you are a smart person, look at the thread title and please don't make a mountain out of a mole hill and bore everyone with the politics of keeping herps..it's ridiculous and immature and the thread was started to get peoples opinions on an animal...it's the reason we are here to share opinions...isn't it?

Me make a mountain out of a mole hill....... you got the wrong man:)

Have a good day!!

Joel

Scott,

That male is looking superb!! Looking at him now, I really think I should have kept him! LOL Oh well hopefully I will get some more this season. ;)

I was trying to leave this thread to it's own devices, I didn't really see the point to it, when Scott knew exactly what the animals are and why the hell would I want to sell coastals as jungles when these days coastal morphs can fetch much higher prices than any jungles available today??? :rolleyes: But, obviously since Scott has chosen not to respond to my PM asking about the whole point, and this thread seems to be getting way off track, I guess I am forced to make a few things clear...

Funny how time changes people’s attitudes… When these guys were first hatched there was a thread titled “hypo jungles???” started not by myself, but by Mark Sim, in which Mark and I both had hatched some of these different looking animals and many people saw and commented on how these were possibly something new and were accepted as such. Only time could predict the result of these animals development, as well as if they would hold true. They were basically red jungle hatchies and they were the first Mark, myself and many others had seen of anything like them, thus the possibility of them being Hypo (reduced black) jungles.

The animal that Roger posted is an attractive animal, but is nothing like these animals. If you look at the pic Roger posted when comparing to the juvie pic of Scott's male you can clearly see that Roger's animal has a solid black pattern, while Scott's is very light and has no solid black patterning at all. In fact no one has yet posted anything really like these animals. Well actually Saz has posted theonly animal that even resembles this animal of Scotts.

Here is a pic of the male as a hatchie prior to Scott getting him, this pic was taken after his second shed...
CEMDesignermaleS2.jpg

Definition of HYPO is a reduced level of black from the norm, not a complete lack of black pigment, that is an albino. So these animals are certainly fitting by definition.

For those that think they look like coastals, here is a typical type jungle clutchmate, and it is clearly quite obviously a jungle! A nice one, with good colour and normal amounts of black, as it is at now just coming onto a year old. Clearly these "possibly hypo" animals are different.
BGHAFJCP.jpg

Further, these animals were not advertised at all, they were animals I was keeping as they were different. But recalling the fact of you wanting something different and NOW... combined with constant hassling is what lead to the purchase of these animals. It was from constant hassling and asking for morphs that led to these. You paid a premium price on them as they were so different. Anything new always has a higher price tag attached to it, that is true of any animal. Still they were only around the cost of some of the quality B&W animals around, which for a possible new morph is more than reasonable.

I did say they were hypos as they appeared at the time, and in comparison to all the other jungles I had hatched or seen. To me they are still considerably different to the norm and YES until they fully grow up and are bred, we will not know what they will produce and how the mutation expresses itself. BUT... this was pointed out very clearly and discussed in detail, prior to you buying them. It was your choice to try something that could be new, fully knowing the fact that until they grow and get bred the true "morph factor" would not be known about them.

Clearly you have issues now, whether they have come from other's influence on you or not I can't say, but I have my suspicions. I certainly regret selling them to you since you obviously don't appreciate having had the opportunity to own something a little unique. I take offence to having you making subtle insinuations throughout this thread, when you knew exactly the position I held on these animals prior to you purchasing them.

Zac

Sorry Zac, I actually sent you the first PM asking YOU to help me in clarifying the origins of these animals as people has asked to see pics of the parents!!! Remember? I don't know that, only you do.
You replied and said you could not..end of communication! That was at the start of this thread, so please don't imply differently.

I have no regrets at all, when did I say that?
I merely asked for opinions on these animals that's all! jump to conclusions if you wish as people that are defensive have a reason to be!
$10K in 3 months or so, mate who else spent that much cash with you?
Thanks for respecting your customers, that's service with a smile for sure!
Thanks for clearing it up for everyone, it's all I asked you to do when I first posted the thread! :)

I must honestly say that Zac's very indepth reply shed's a new light on this thread.
I tend to believe him 100%.
It take's years to build a reputation in this hobby and it can destroyed by a thread such as this !!!
You obviously knew what you were buying [ hypo or not ].
I dont know off too many breeders who would let such animals go, he trusted them to you [ obviously for a price that you were willing to pay ].
To start a thread like this, you must'nt be happy with what you got.
Tough tit tit's mate, I wonder what will happen when they breed and spit out something special ??
I think you hurt a few people's feelings......................

While we're at it though and on the hypo debate. If anyones interested this season I'll have hypo stimmies and hypo childreni for sale. Not black at all :)

I must honestly say that Zac's very indepth reply shed's a new light on this thread.
I tend to believe him 100%.
It take's years to build a reputation in this hobby and it can destroyed by a thread such as this !!!
You obviously knew what you were buying [ hypo or not ].
I dont know off too many breeders who would let such animals go, he trusted them to you [ obviously for a price that you were willing to pay ].
To start a thread like this, you must'nt be happy with what you got.
Tough tit tit's mate, I wonder what will happen when they breed and spit out something special ??
I think you hurt a few people's feelings......................

Who were the few???
That intention was never even contemplated nor intended!!!
Hey, it didn't start out to be intended like it ended...look at the first post!
If you have read my posts on other forums about these animals you would think different.
If you knew the full story you may feel differently, but hey I hope this thread is closed but not forgotten.
You know what Mungus, I have had PM's that said kill em... their hybrids etc etc, that crap & NO CHANCE of that, but I have copped flack for this thread even though it was a only to get opinions on their future if anything! Not about me, but about the animals...again I have always said they are different and special, the thread was originally titled: would you "classify them as hypo's".
I do not have to defend myself after forking out my hard earned cash on these animals, what have I done wrong? UUUMMM nothing I was the purchaser who asked the questions and purchased what I was offred!
I Started a thread on opinions on animals I have PAID for and am interested in how they may turn out because I don;t have any others like them..lol
Thanks for your comment.........

Last edited:
My apologies to anyone that may have been offended by this thread, it was not the intention.

I guess for me the excitement of having such a different animal was in no terms crushed as the thread progressed, hence the spiralling downturn of the thread.

Zac has some stunning animals and I have a few of them and he is working on some great projects that we all will see the results of soon enough. :D
If per chance these animals DO throw something special which is what I had always hoped for...Zac will get the credit first up no-problems at all!!

Time to move on hey....;)

Last edited:
OK, this is (probably) my one and only post in this thread. Those Jungles are very nice indeed and by definition must be considered hypo as they are certainly lacking the 'normal' amount of black. It must be remembered that hypo lines often start with animals that still have a fair amount of black and the trait is refined over the generations.
I have no doubt they are 'different' and should produce some crackers.
I would be happy to own them as you no doubt are.

I think they are beautiful. I didn't buy mine as a 'hypo' as such, I was just looking for a suitable male for Lilly. Very pleased with how he is turning out. They are going to be a good match.

The definition is so massively broad it leaves itself open for unbridled usage.
Which to me makes the term in itself nearly useless, as just about any animal
could be labeled "hypo" as long as theres other animals darker than it?

Heres an $150 Atherton Carpet., oops, sorry $1500 Hypo jungle..
Im now just kicking myself for giving this amazing jungle morph away.. :|
CRAPCRAP028.jpg

A good example of the extreme variation that can be seen within any given clutch.
Some light, some dark, striped, banded etc.
As Greebo suggested; most believe; jungles are often just black and gold.
However they range considerably in colour...and even size.
I don't know whether I'd call it 'hypo'; however I wouldn't call them just a coastal either....
It's certainly quiet probable there is coastal influence; just judging the head pattern.
Head pattern aside; It appears to look like a very nice area 'type' jungle;
or better still; IMO an 'intermediate form' between the two....
Providing of course, their not cross locality types; not that I'm suggesting such.
Do you have a picture of both the parents at all Zac?
It's interesting; and quiet attractive none the less...
I've seen jungles; from various locals; very similar in over all pattern and colour.
One of the joy's; you never really know....
Scott; put some work into them; and see what you produce ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back