Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
koubee said:
And the most craziest was actually whilst giving birth to my daughter, i ripped the toilet seat off and threw it at the midwife like a frisbee, well , she kept touching me. Sorry guys but i'm sure the other mums can relate.

Totally can relate. I kicked a midwife- she flew back at least 4 foot- she made the mistake of doing something during a contraction...and I wasn't too happy about that. LOL :p

i think the mothers win this one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Many years ago in Zimbabwe I was staying in a lodge in a National Park and went out one night to look for and photograph hippos. To cut a long story short, in the dark, a white rhino that was grazing wandered to within about two feet of my foot without knowing I was there. When the breeze in my face died and I shifted my weight causing my knee to click, the rhino suddenly looked really pissed off and I turned and hopped onto a boulder behind me. I heard the rhino start to charge and so I continued onto the next rock, knowing that rhinos are not adept at climbing. Luckily it had only been a mock charge and the rhino took off. I felt like I had pure adrenalin pumping through my veins as I hobbled back to camp (I had twisted my ankle earlier that day and was unable to walk). A dangerous situation to have been in, and one that I could have avoided with a bit of common sense.

A week before that I was in Matopos National Park 50km south Bulawayo. Hadn't seen anyone in an hour or so. At a place called the "View of the World", I locked my keys in my rental car.

About five years later I was staying in a lodge in a National Park in Belize, Central America. Woke up in the morning in the top bunk of a set of double bunks, wnet to get out and slipped, falling six feet face first onto a concrete floor. Split my face on my right eybrow and fractured my right arm at the elbow. After cleaning myself up and having breakfast I told my travelling companion I was going outside for a bit, and proceeded to go on a five km hike without telling her which way I was going. My arm locked up because of the fracture, and I probably had a mild concussion. Definitely not the wisest thing to do!

:p

Hix

My cat caught a baby olive python a few years back so i decided to take care of it until it could be released. With snakes being quite novel to all my mates i took it just about everywhere in my pocket and showed all my friends, let them hold it etc etc.

Then i showed it to a local herper to see if it could be saved... her reply was "This is not an olive, it's a brown. It hasn't bitten you has it?"

The next dumbest thing i have done was when i was out one night in town getting up to all kinds of mischief at my best friends 21st. I was drinking something called a flat liner (I think they are made of bacardi 151, catrous and tabasco sauce) and all kinds of other shots that tasted horrible and despite drinking on a bar tab for well over five hours i still managed to spend nearly $350. At the end of the night i was trying to hit on some girl and some bloke who must have been her boyfriend or something came over and told me to ****** off. I turned to him and said "you want a piece of this man?" (bear in mind i only weigh 58kg and am only 5'9"), he stood back to have a poke at me. I grabbed a what i have now been told was a vodka twist bottle, and promptly swung it at my own head and then attacked him with the broken end.... well that is what i was trying to do.

I swung the bottle full force at my head connecting extremely well with my forehead. I staggeerd back a couple of paces checked the bottle (witch was still fine) and then felt a warm trickle flowing down my face and over the bridge of my nose. Neddless to say the girl and her boyfriend went running and i was promptly bailed into a taxi and sent home.

I swung the bottle full force at my head connecting extremely well with my forehead. I staggeerd back a couple of paces checked the bottle (witch was still fine) and then felt a warm trickle flowing down my face and over the bridge of my nose. Neddless to say the girl and her boyfriend went running and i was promptly bailed into a taxi and sent home.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i think we have a winner

You haven't won yet, it is a very hard choice having heard some of the 'incidents' :lol:

Gonna have to disagree slightly with some of the mums here...not having drugs during labour the second time around was one of the smartest things I did....deciding I could stand up and have a hot shower straight after having lost a litre of blood and had astronomical blood pressure during labour was however the dumbest thing I've ever done. Thankfully the midwife was right behind me at the time and had quick reflexes :wink: :lol:

I was doing some renovations at the mother inlaws a while ago and when the wife came out to pick me up we decided to stay for tea.
I was putting some floor boards down when someone walked past me and out the back door looking for the kids, I didnt look up and just asumed it was the mother inlaw as the wife was doing the books for the farm. (wrong), the wife was over the other side of the yard and i strated yelling out KERRY the kids are inside. Then a voice behind me said yeah i know....oops that was kerry. :oops:
As you could imagine the wife was more than happy being compared to her mum :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back