Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends how into it you get. If you want to be a professional you should be shooting at least with a Canon 7D or better (or another brand of similar quality). I used to use and Olympus E3 which was fine for any flash macro photography but sucks in the day time. I have recently switched to a Canon 5D and find it is far better.

Don't know if you guys can see it, this is the same croc as above before we pulled it out of the water. I never noticed this until i posted that other pic and was going through the album but there's another glowing eye in the water not that far from the dead croc... I might need to be a little more careful next time.

IMG_0557.jpg

One of the main reasons for me getting the iPhone 4S next week is the 8mp Camera lol

Idk about you but i count 3 sets of eyes the bright obvious one then there's one to the right of that and one out in the distance lol.. i'm probably wrong tho :p

Last edited:
A few from our area -

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 168
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 142
  • 183.JPG
    183.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0720.jpg
    IMG_0720.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 146
  • k's pictures 617.jpg
    k's pictures 617.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 147
  • k's pictures 4922.jpg
    k's pictures 4922.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 98
  • k's pictures 1698.jpg
    k's pictures 1698.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 105
It's a 5 Wringed Brown.... with 6 wrings :O So that's why they changed the name to just wringed brown. :p

What species is the Strophurus?

A nice size EB in the back yard a while ago.

Attachments

• P1000744.JPG
    P1000744.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 164
Not up on Gecko species so I'm not sure what it is, if it helps we live north of Longreach in central QLD.

The Ringed Browns are a neat little critter, we have seen a few recently along with 2 Speckled Browns, 4th pic.

There are so many Strophurus & they all look similar, makes it hard if you are not right up on a species.

The ID will keep my son happy, he has been trying to figure it out for a while & had it narrowed down to a couple but wasn't 100%.

Some pics
crested-male2.jpg

P1010130.jpg

P1010213.jpg

P1010216.jpg

female-crested1.jpg

DSC_0204.jpg

P1020266.jpg

P1020115.jpg

P1020123.jpg

P1020163.jpg

P1020086.jpg

Cheers
Excellent photographic captures.... really like the dragon and the little skinks - I know how hard it is to get a good photo of these shy and skittish lizards.

A few from our area -

That bluey looks ready give birth - NOW !!!!

Is that praying mantis a pet ? - I've kept them as pets sometimes and that one is excellent specimen.

Just a few, mostly leaf tails.

Wish we had more geckos in my neighbourhood - I can't recall ever seeing on in my tree, shed, of under the eaves of my house. (Doesn't mean they aren't around).

Nice captures on the camera.

Last edited:
Is that praying mantis a pet ? - I've kept them as pets sometimes and that one is excellent specimen.

Yeah it was somewhat a pet for a few months untill it laid a huge cluster of eggs and she unfortuneatly died shortly after. There were hundreds of littles mantis'es a few weeks later. She was quite interesting having and at night i had to catch whatever insects i found which she loved eating. We all reckon the little bluie was extremely fat & ready to pop, we saw her about 3 months ago on the road to Longreach & moved her off the road.

Here are a couple of photos of a Diamond we saw last weekend. We were fishing down some little side rivers and came across this little fella basking on a branch over the water. The photos are not that good but the interesting thing was he had no tail! A couple of millimetres from the cloaca was all stump!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 163
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 149
Yeah it is tidal, the tide was up when we were in there. They are little mangrove off shoots, saw a fairly large lace monitor as well he was bell phase but I wasn't quick enough with the camera.

Yeah it is tidal, the tide was up when we were in there. They are little mangrove off shoots, saw a fairly large lace monitor as well he was bell phase but I wasn't quick enough with the camera.

Sounds like a special trip. Always nice to encounter nice reptiles in the wild and to be able to watch them doing their reptilely things (esp if they are oblivious to your presence). Even better to capture the moment for ever with a camera.

Here are a couple of photos of a Diamond we saw last weekend. We were fishing down some little side rivers and came across this little fella basking on a branch over the water. The photos are not that good but the interesting thing was he had no tail! A couple of millimetres from the cloaca was all stump!

Nice photos. Pays to keep the eyes open and a camera handy eh.

Were you drifting with tide at the time or using one of those quiet electric thrusters to motor about and get close to the animals ?

Wish I had a boat....

BUT did you catch a feed ?

Last edited:
Yeah it was a great weekend! We were in a flat bottom boat with an electric bow motor, with all the rain of late and the high tide we could cruise through all the shallow mangrove creeks which aren't normally accessible. Didn't catch many fish, just a few flatheads :) we were too busy exploring the amazing scenery!

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 106
Heres a couple from around the home & a death adder from Daly Waters

Cheers Justin