Transporting pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had one like that too Greg, but I broke mine cause i stood on it. LOL

how about transporting a 5-6 foot python?
my babys are only 40-45cm so thats easy but what about 5-6foot?

Same thing, put it in a bag and then into a setup cage when you get home.

NoOne said:
Oh god not a scale!
Sounds like a deadly situation to me.
Let me guess, the cotton will rip out the scale and get infected causing the snake to go blind and lose it tongue. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: this will then infect any snakes within a 20 mile radius :roll: :roll:

I'm obviously new to keeping reptiles..... are they made of wet paper now?

People who do like they animals to be in best care and comfort are respected by me. And yes I do turn bags inside out for that reason.
Sometimes the sawing ends are bit sharp and why not to make sure that animal is taken care of properly.
Teri Belamy is by my standards much more experienced then you guys, and she told me few times to make sure that bag is used this way, loose cotton can be strong to brake and your snake can suffer discomfort or injury. I am sure that Gregory would agree with Teri, she is his vet, and he is always talking highly about her.
Or you guys think that Teri belamy do not know her job?
I am confused

I'm sure she knows what shes doing.

I just think that people blow little things out of preportion and create worry out of something that is so unlikly to happen, when they should oncentrate more on other aspects of reptile health.
I have never ever had a snake injure it's self in any way by carrying it in a bag, inside out or not. Have i lost you respect yet Slatey? :roll:

But then i'm just an ameatur so don't listen to me. :lol:

I am just confused.
Since I am not superexpert like some, I do what I am told by the knowledgeble people.
By her reaction, she must have some bad experiance with it. But she is getting lot of snakes in lot of bags carried to her surgery I would say.

LMFAO Super expert....... you are so kind slatey, i'm so flattered.

C'mon No-one mate, stay on the level, its such a tiny issue anyway eh. :) :wink:

I'll admit i was having a stir but what i said about the bag thing was my honest opinion.
Slatey doesn't like the way i disagree with people as you can see hehehehe. :lol: :wink:

I think the message here is turn your pillow case (or whatever you have) inside out to avoid any possible injury to any reptiles that are being transported. We all have valid points and the chance of injury is minimal but why take the risk.

maybe we all THINK its minimal because everybody turns the bags inside out so it barely ever happens? lol :wink:

I've gotta go with Jan on this one. (Yeah I know, wonders will never cease).

It's been pointed out to me and it does make sense that not only can scales get caught up in the loose threads albeit a slight chance but teeth can as well. Which would be more of a chance, especially if the snake is writhing around a bit. It's not a huge issue and I'm sure it's not a common occurance but why take a chance? It's takes 2 seconds to turn it inside out. Unless you want everyone to see the 'Masters of the Universe' pictures on your pilowcase, then I'd leave them right side out.

I also back-up Jan's thoughts on Terri Bellamy. If she says it's wrong, then it's wrong.

Greg. (Agreeing with Jan twice in one day, who'd would have thought hey?)

Yeppers, I agree with the inside out pillowcase. I had some snakes air frieighted to me, and one of the hatchies was all tangled up in the threads when I received her. I would have hated to think what could have happened if I hadn't met her plane and came later. :?

Well it looks like i'm wrong then :wink: :roll:

As is said i can understand it with hatchlings but it's not something i worry about.

NoOne said:
Well it looks like i'm wrong then :wink: :roll: .

.... you sound surprised! Hasn't it ever happened before? :wink: :roll:

No never, i knew aboustaly everything from the day i was born.
I basically said that because it seems if someone goes against the flow they are wrong, no if or buts.
The fact i have never had a problem doesn't really matter, provided the marjoity is happy. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back