Transporting pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gregory said:
I've gotta go with Jan on this one. (Yeah I know, wonders will never cease).

I am in shock Greg. Thank you.

I did answered to this topic not for afgument reason, but I think that we should try to teach people the right things here.
And I agree that this pilow isue is not extremely important

The fact i have never had a problem doesn't really matter, provided the marjoity is happy

awww im sorry mr noone, i brought it up! :oops: once u said you didnt do it tho i was expecting everyone to agree with you lol. i dont think everyone was really saying you were WRONG...just seems that most people prefer to turn them inside out! im sure they didnt say it just to spite you lol :wink:

I've always turned my bags inside out. On occasion I've had three to four foot coastals and diamonds get caught in loops of cotton that appear on the inside, and if they don't want to come out of the bag then it's a fun time extricating them. I don't keep elapids but I certainly wouldn't want to try and remove something venomous that was determined to stay where it was.

About 15 years ago I got someone to make me a snake bag, and I got them to put the stitching on the outside so there'd be no problems.

Hix

Pillow cases inside out. Always
Why it doesnt matter on larger snakles?
Because you should not use pillow cases on larger or venomous snakes.
Why?
Because they are single stitch or merely done with an overlocker.
Bags for these snake should be double seamed and for vens have corner tabs sewn in.
When you deal with a lot of animals being put in and out of bags you will notice the things that can go wrong.
The obvious have been mentioned already.
Its not something that somebody made up to make your life more confusing but comes from previous occurrences that can now be avoided.
The corners on pillow cases tend to fray with costant uses that they werent made for and this can allow animals to escape.
Its worth the effort to have special bags made for your snakes and lizards.
Most monitors need to be put into very robust canvas or similar bags as they tend to shred normal ones.
Peter
ps Whatever it is that you are transporting. The bag should then be placed in a box to protect it from being accidently squashed or impacted if you have a prang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back