vegetarians and vegans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope everyone is eating dolphin friendly tuna =]

You guys sure have been busy...

It doesn't reallly matter if your an expert farm person. All I know is that I hate the idea of animals being killed (humanely or not) for me to eat. It doesn't matter if Australians kill the animals humanely here it's still happening overseas and being a vegetarian/vegan is you taking a personal stand against it. It's not really going to achieve anything but at least I have a clear conscience =] btw no one has mentioned the starving Africans! They are also suffering so you can eat meat. I'm not trying to get you to stop, but as saximus said if you just reduce your meat intake to a couple of times a week.

Btw I take no supplements and am apparently healthy enough to give blood every 3 months. My iron = awesome. With no supplements

You'd be partaking in animal cruelty if you purchased your future bulldog, and deprived him of meat.
Although I agree with your stance, I doubt it would be classed as animal cruelty. The RSPCA approves eggs from grain fed chickens(domesticated jungle fowl), yet wild jungle fowl are primarily insectivorous. That and the EAA profile for dogs can be met in a vegetarian diet. Cats are a completely different story though.
Read the comments too. Its where you'll find gold such as this.

I'd be worried about them dropping if I stopped eating meat... I'm trying a clean bulk at the gym at the moment, protein is pretty important. IDK if I could do it all the time, but I'd like to incorporate a larger majority of these meals if the health benefits are definitely there.
Come on man! Summer is ages away. Dirty bulk ftw!
Get off BB.com and join the Nation!
Do you lift for aesthetics, BB, powerlifting or other?

Although I agree with your stance, I doubt it would be classed as animal cruelty. The RSPCA approves eggs from grain fed chickens(domesticated jungle fowl), yet wild jungle fowl are primarily insectivorous. That and the EAA profile for dogs can be met in a vegetarian diet. Cats are a completely different story though.
Read the comments too. Its where you'll find gold such as this.

Come on man! Summer is ages away. Dirty bulk ftw!
Get off BB.com and join the Nation!
Do you lift for aesthetics, BB, powerlifting or other?

It sounds really lame, but aesthetics (and strength), hence the clean bulk, haha, I used to have pretty cut abs, but they're almost long gone, so it's KIND of a small dirty bulk, lol. BB.com has too much bro science, it's good when you want to look up plans that are proven, but posting there gets ridiculous, I like it for some reason, though :p BB is tooooo big, I don't wanna look like jay cutler. There's a guy on there with killer aesthetics, he's natural, too. Can't remember his name but you would have seen him, he has a huge gap between his abs, I won't look like that, but I'd like to get that big.

What do you lift for man?

Although I agree with your stance, I doubt it would be classed as animal cruelty....

i take your point but find it interesting in this article they quote

"Australian Wildlife Protection Council president Maryland Wilson said it was wrong to keep nocturnal animals as pets."People want to play with them by day and they interfere with their natural basic instincts and behaviour patterns.
"They should be free from cruelty and exploitation."

so if changing the animals natural habit is cruelty and exploitative depriving a dog of meat would probably fit in that then no?

Pet quokkas reigning over cats and dogs | News.com.au

personally i don't really mind what choice people make regarding eating meat etc, what does annoy me is "I'm a vegetarian, but i eat fish and or chicken" ...ah hello that's NOT a vegetarian you are simply some one who does not eat red meat :/ (tis also fine as a decision just use the correct label ha)

i say for the hard core tho go level 5 vegan don't eat anything that casts a shadow ;)

how about i eat your pet snakes and breed them for food bet you guys change your minds on things then.

You couldn't breed my pet. Nor would I allow you to eat it. If you decided to breed snakes for food, and they were killed HUMANELY, then no one could really argue against you, although it would be a niche market and I'm sure you'd go broke :D

I see you've got a dog in your display pic, he looks like a good healthy animal, strong enough to withstand my cuddles, haha. I'm sure he didn't get that way eating beans.

how about i eat your pet snakes and breed them for food bet you guys change your minds on things then.
Not really. Dogs are bred in some countries for meat and snakes are also eaten in a number of countries. Just because they are pets to some people doesn't mean they are off the menu for others. I wouldn't like you taking my personal pets and eating them but as far as I know most cows aren't any individual's pets either

sure, they'd taste pretty good i suppose.
Anyone here have that diet.. pure seafood?, that's a diet i could get used to.

You couldn't breed my pet. Nor would I allow you to eat it. If you decided to breed snakes for food, and they were killed HUMANELY, then no one could really argue against you, although it would be a niche market and I'm sure you'd go broke :D

I see you've got a dog in your display pic, he looks like a good healthy animal, strong enough to withstand my cuddles, haha. I'm sure he didn't get that way eating beans.

nah i feed my dog human meat. that's how he got so fat

LOL!!!!!!!!! you make me laugh

I don't wanna look like jay cutler.
I don't think many people on the planet have to worry about that!
There's a guy on there with killer aesthetics, he's natural, too. Can't remember his name but you would have seen him, he has a huge gap between his abs
Layne Norton?
, I won't look like that, but I'd like to get that big.

What do you lift for man?
Started lifting for general health and fitness but wasn't eating right and didn't get anywhere, left it for a few years then started up again focusing on the the big three whilst eating better. Got some results.
2 years ago I stated training with my brother and our best mate in powerlifting and loved it, even though I cannot squat that well (1.4 bodyweight is my best for 1 rep)
Slacked off in the last 6 months but looking to get back into it, maybe some strongman if I can get the time off work.

Last edited:
Started lifting for general health and fitness but wasn't eating right and didn't get anywhere, left it for a few years then started up again focusing on the the big three with whilst eating better. Got some results.
2 years ago I stated training with my brother and our best mate in powerlifting and loved it, even though I cannot squat that well (1.4 bodyweight is my best for 1 rep)
Slacked off in the last 6 months but looking to get back into it, maybe some strongman if I can get the time off work.

Being on a uni budget it's hard to eat enough. I eat one decent meal a day. But I still have had some visible gains. I'd like to see what I could achieve with a proper diet and routine :)

Sounds like you've made good progress nonetheless.

Why would it have to be somebody's pet snake... If you wish to cultivate snakes for the purpose of food go ahead. I'm sure there's a market for it, SE Asia perhaps? Just make sure their humanely killed. No one is trying to eat YOUR pet cow, lamb, deer, turtle, chicken, or any thing of yours for that matter.

I guess you'd know better than us, BL but to me it seemed like a cheap attempt at reductio ad absurdum

There are so many childish comments in here. Others just seem to be having issues with reading and comprehension.

There are so many childish comments in here. Others just seem to be having issues with reading and comprehension.

you get that where ever you go.

There's not a large enough font size that I could type "LOL" with that would convey the smile that crept upon my face when I read that reply to notechistigers post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back